[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 6700.jpg (55KB, 946x180px) Image search: [Google]
6700.jpg
55KB, 946x180px
Big Dong Dave Meltzer said TNA Lockdown 2013 is the biggest crowd for a non-WWE wrestling show in the USA in the last 10 years.

They allegedly drew 6,700 total with at least 4,000 paid.

You think NJPW can match that in the US? Okada vs. Omega?
>>
>>2655918
>You think NJPW can match that in the US? Okada vs. Omega?
Easily.
>>
i cant believe aces and eights was that long ago.
>>
>>2655920
Not easily. They need a real ad campaign.

The entry level mark knows wwe, they have no idea what the fuck a new japan even is. It will cost them a huge campaign across multiple avenues. Though, that may pay off for the next one, and the next one after that.
>>
>>2655918

I thought it was all already sold out? So that really just means how big of a venue they are doing.
>>
>>2655920
>Easily
>The Dudley's, Hulk Hogan, Bobby Roofer, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Sting, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Christopher Daniels, and RVD.
>Expects Who Japan to out draw that with a card packed with literal who's.
>>
>>2655949
Not for this show, the venue's too small. For a future show. This one likely won't have Okada vs. Omega either.
>>
No. Wrestling isnt gaining new fans.
>>
No. Wrestling is the least relevant and popular since the mid 90s. Only reason why it has pseudo relevance is due to the internet boom and people being able to watch two fags in a gym across the world somewhere. TNA was bigger than ROH ever was in the US, despite what anyone tries to say and even they've fallen off hard. Straight wrestling, which is basically all NJPW does, will not sell in the US. No mainstream audience wants to watch fake fights with no interesting story here. It'll have its niche crowd, sure, but I still predict it to be a flop.
>>
File: njpw01.png (7KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
njpw01.png
7KB, 271x186px
>2016 avg attendance only 2000 people

That's really bad. New Japan has no competition either, the other companies lost their television deals.
>>
>>2656044

WWE's was only like 6,500 and they run 15-20k arenas at least twice a week.
>>
>>2656044
NJPW's attendance figures were fake news (sad!) up until mid-2015, so those numbers aren't a very good comparison.

Though you are correct that their average attendance is in the mid-2000s, and their median is 1500-ish.
>>
>>2655928
No "entry-level mark" is going to a New Japan show.

>>2656061
>compite
>>
>>2655920
Cringe
>>
>>2658284
That's what he was saying, his point is that any mark going to wwe event could be a potential NJPW """"""""""fan"""""""""""...with the right marketing, and ad campaign.
>>
>>2655918
>You think NJPW can match that in the US? Okada vs. Omega?

Very easily. Just book it in a major city like NYC or Chicago in MSG or the Allstate arena and you are sure to sell more than 6,000 tickets.
>>
>>2656044
2,000 is not actually that bad at all in the scope of all wrestling history. You'd just seeing things through WWE-tinted glasses.
>>
>>2655918
they sold out 6,000 tickets for one weekend in 2 hours. It is completely possible.
>>
File: sting.jpg (47KB, 799x535px) Image search: [Google]
sting.jpg
47KB, 799x535px
Although this may have been TNA's biggest crowd, I believe their best show was the February 24, 2011 edition of Impact from the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, NC. This show featured the return of Sting to great hype and him winning the TNA WHC from Jeff Hardy in the main event.

The attendance was 3,500 but it felt like a big crowd. Mike Tenay's commentary really sold it to with "they stand as one" It was one of the few times when TNA felt "big time". They managed to capture that Nitro feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juyl4w22AWk
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.