[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been almost 10 years. Where were you when he killed himself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Chris-Benoit-5-1.jpg (29KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Benoit-5-1.jpg
29KB, 413x310px
It's been almost 10 years. Where were you when he killed himself?
>>
I wasn't watching wrestling that's for sure.
>>
>>2651002
I was there framing him.
>>
>>2651002
Not in his house.
>>
>>2651002
I don't remember the timeline well enough to say exactly where I was.

But I had a meeting lined up with a trainer to get into the business, then I found out one of my favorites did...what he did. It shook me. I ignored calls to start training. I stopped watching for a while. I bought a couple books about him and what happened. That shit shook me up.
>>
>>2651002
I didn't know American wrestling at the time. For most of my life I thought wrestling was something only Mexicans did and was only once popular in my country. I didn't discover it until a couple of months after the Benoit case (looking back at those times, of course).
>>
>>2651011
SULLIVAN YOU BASTARD MOTHERFUCKER
>>
File: images (7).jpg (8KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
8KB, 224x224px
I was at home. Last thing I was expecting to hear. I was sad but pissed.
>>
>At a friend's house
>No longer follow wrestling
>Flipping through channels
>See the tribute show
>Benoit is dead
>Wow wrestling really sucks now
>Keep flipping
>>
>>2651002
He is legit still one of my favorites of all time. I'd still say he is the best technical wrestler ever for sure. At one point he was undoubtedly my favorite.

A large reason I liked Bryan is because he had some loose similarities to based Benoit.
>>
In the enclosed pool area
>>
Getting ready for Raw, then the news started getting weird. I kept watching and around 10 pm EST realized what was really going on.

By the next day I started investigating the real facts. Inconsistencies in the timeline, "roid rage" basically being debunked as a myth, and the motive for Sullivan.

The proof is out there and it's pretty obvious Sullivan did it. He had the help of McMahon and the Clintons, plus Sullivan's Satanist buddies to help cover it up.

Benoit is innocent. No man could kill his child. Look at the timeline. It doesn't add up. Why would Benoit miss the PPV? Why would he stay with dead bodies for 24 hrs plus? Why would he text Chavo?
>>
>>2651148
YouTube this. More evidence that Benoit didn't do it than he did.

It's another Sandy Hook/ 911 / Bowling Green type false flag. This one was to pussify wrestling to turn males into beta slaves.
>>
>>2651148
This theory killed apter's career.

Don't let it rot your mind too.
>>
Posting in a wrestling forum
>>
Chillin
>>
>>2651161
It's not a theory
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 290x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 290x375px
>>2651002
Reading this
>>
Meeting Chris Jericho at an Independent wrestling show held in a skating rink in Martinsburg WV
>>
At my grandparents house
>>
>>2651002

>killed himself

Worked like a dumb mark, you're in for a big surprise this year.
>>
>>2651094
You made the right choice.
>>
>>2651148
why would vince want him dead fag?
>>
>>2651583
He wanted to go PG for years. Lower ratings so contract prices drop. His profit increases without paying millions and millions to guys like Austin.

He was easily able to force the PG issue after the "suicide" because all eyes were on WWE.
>>
I don't know, but I had lost interest in wrestling for about 4 or 5 years by 2007 so it was a shocking way to get plunged back into following wrestling (which I still didn't do for a few more years yet.)
>>
>>2651670
Except it was about a full year till they went PG.

Try again.
>>
>>2651712
It takes time to transition such a massive business and to retain investors and clients after the tragedy, nimrod.
>>
>>2652050
>transition

No one can seriously be this fucking retarded. Also ratings were not impacted after benoit. Compare the years. You're argument holds zero water, and has been refuted far more times than you know.
>>
>>2651002

I was a fucking fourth grader being shocked but not surprised too much
>>
>>2652059
>employee kills himself and his family in a terrifyingly brutal manner
>public, media and international attention on your entire business
>clients and investors demand answers
>steroid and drug use allegations all over the roster
>assist police with investigations
>have to attend media interviews to save the company reputation
>"Hey guys why did it take a full year to go PG?"

DUURRR

NIMROD
N
I
M
R
O
D
>>
I was on the IMDB Raw is War message board and talking to my friend on the phone about what was going to happen on the Vince tribute show. I kept refreshing the forum and at one point there was one post at the top of the page that said "Chris Benoit dead?" Within a minute the entire board was filled with nothing but Benoit posts. My friend on the phone and people on the board speculated that they were running a serial killer angle where whoever killed Vince was responsible for this too. Then WWE.com quickly scrubbed any mention of the limo explosion and it became clear that that wasn't the case.

That tribute show was the strangest thing I've ever seen on television. The announcers were dressed for Vince's funeral and opened the show to announce Benoit's death. Over the course of the show it became more apparent what happened and right afterwards they pretty much confirmed it on WWE.com.
>>
was at school. classmate spreads rumor that Benoit is dead. Didnt believe him at first, then when i went home.It's in the local news.
>>
don't remember lel
>>
>>2651002
>>2651009
Yup. Pretty much this. Was a big Benoit fan growing up, but by the time he got to the top i had long since stopped watching.
>>
>>2651094
If you thought wrestling was bad in 2007, then why are you watching it now, when it's even worse?
>>
I was reading the newspaper of the next day. I was a kid and didn't knew if it was a work, like Undertaker deaths, or something legit
>>
lol i think was in kindergarten or the first grade maybe idk
>>
>>2651002
In 2007? I suppose I was in the spare room of my underground rapper/drug dealer benefactor's house/studio, sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor, eating valium and playing WoW while slowly losing my job at Circuit City. I also spent 5 weeks of that year in county jail, so maybe I was there when Benoit bit it.
>>
>>2655744

>I also spent 5 weeks of that year in county jail, so maybe I was there when Benoit bit it.

whoa there buddy OP wasnt asking for watertight alibis
>>
I was 10 years old, in fifth grade, at the absolute height of my wrestling obsession

The news hit and took all the energy out of me. I was depressed and stopped watching WWE or any wrestling for about 8 years. Benoit was seriously my favorite.
>>
>>2651009
>>2655685
both these guys
>>
i remember logging on to wwe.com and seeing some random blood in the background. i was 8 at that time
>>
>>2651002
i was a work, then watched the tribute show the following raw. then saw the whole thing unfold as him killing his family on gamefaqs pro wrestling forums. this was also the time when i realized that eddie was indeed dead as well, still had hopes that eddie would come back saying "i lied". benoit dying made me realize that eddie was really dead and benoit wanted to die since he no longer had his friend.
>>
I was just about to fall out of love with wrestling. This did it for me. I came back after the streak was broken.
>>
>>2653247
no way IMDB Raw is War was the shit. I still remember that faggot Dinosaur Jr trying to get his shitty e fed over
>>
Was working in a printing press for the New York Daily News. Usually started printing the early edition around 9 PM. Was told that there was a developing story that would be on the front page regarding WWE. Thought it was Vince McMahon's legit death, not the kayfabe angle they were doing that night. Started checking my phone and putting together the pieces. Began printing the front page around 11 PM. Was shocked.
>>
I don't like how they basically pretend he doesn't exist anymore.
>ONLY TWO PEOPLE HAVE WON THE ROYAL RUMBLE FROM THE NUMBER 1 ENTRY
>HBK DID IT IN 1995 AND...
>>
You mean the day WWE died?

The best was the lashing they got from steroid abuse and McMahon forcing them after the incident
>>
>>2651002
I was on vacation that week, saw it on the news in the hotel. He was one of my favorites so I was very upset. Couldn't believe what they said he did. Glad I was woke enough to realize Sullivan did it, even at the age of 10.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.