[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disco n Russo r the best analysts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: LTDljq1k.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
LTDljq1k.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
On today's show, Vince, Disco and Jeff look at possible motives behind Triple H catering to the niche wrestling audience, Hardy's and TNA still going at it, more WWE careless injuries, WWE being more concerned with "fan engagement" than actual TV Ratings, the High School known as "Total Divas" and WWE more backyard wrestling than professional wrestling

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/LTBD:-Is-Triple-H-Working-His-Father-In-Law-Vince-McMahon

These guys get it. Great show.
>>
>n
>r

Backyard wrestling isn't gaudy like WWE
>>
>tfw I subscribe to the brand already
>>
>>2650443
>Vince, Disco and Jeff look at possible motives behind Triple H catering to the niche wrestling audience

Because in 2017 the niche audience is the only ones who give a shit about wrestling.
>>
>>2650443
Buy a banner Russo. Hiroshima could use a few more shekels.
>>
>>2650778
What came first the chicken or the egg
>>
>>2650443
>possible motives behind Triple H catering to the niche wrestling audience,
He wants their money.
>Hardy's and TNA still going at it,
Both sides want the money from the Broken gimmick.
>WWE being more concerned with "fan engagement" than actual TV Ratings
Their ratings are bad, so they focus on social media type metrics instead to move focus away from the bad ratings.
>the High School known as "Total Divas"
It's a reality show, all reality shows are done that way to add drama.
>and WWE more backyard wrestling than professional wrestling
That doesn't mean anything.

Boy, that was difficult.
>>
>>2650778
it's a niche audience because its all about the workrate. without interesting story lines, all you get is a 3 hour pure wrasslin show. why do you think we've seen seen Rollins vs Joe and Enzo/Cass vs The Club every week for the last 2 months? Because """"""""creative'''''''' doesn't have good storylines to push the fued forward or end it.
>>
>>2650959
Long term feuds can be good as long as they keep adding gas to the fire at regular intervals. WWE right now basically has one event be the catalyst for the feud and then just keeps booking them in matches with 50/50 booking till they debut another new wrestler/team.
>>
>>2650443
Buy an ad banner already
>>
>be literally unemployable in wrestling after a brief 4 year period of success because your ideas are retarded
>make a podcast shitting on the company that shitcanned you because thats the only way people give you attention
>shill that podcast on 4chan

pathetic
>>
>>2650443
Vince Russo, the eunuch of wrestling: He knows how you are supposed to do it, but...
>>
>>2651030
The city of Markaritaville.
>>
>>2651059
cute meme. your pod still sucks.
>>
>>2650443

How can anyone listen to an entire podcast of this fuck his apperances on Stone Cold's podcast are bad enough. He's clearly out of touch with what wrestling is now and talks like a retard.

Wouldn't be surprised if Stone Cold made a deal with PodcastOne that he'd have this fuck on to try and get more listens to his shitty show in exchange for doing Teddy Fowler podcasts or ones where he calls up random people who email him.

Which still draw better than Russo's.
>>
>>2651101
>He's clearly out of touch with what wrestling is now
You're right. Big Ratings Russo is only used to watching and contributing to wrestling shows that draw viewers.
>>
>>2651124
>ig Ratings Russo is only used to watching and contributing to wrestling shows that draw viewers
...in 1998 which is where he's stuck. Russo thinks the same Jerry Springer cartoon antics that worked 20 years ago will work now even though wrestling has evolved and passed him by.
>>
>>2651134
Russo just wants to have a tv show that is not 90% filler and make you fall asleep during it, dont see how that is bad.
>>
based russo working the marks
>>
>>2651134
>wrestling has evolved
gtfo butt nugget
>>
Name one (1) midcarder with a better workrate than Disco "first match of the night every night" Inferno
>>
i usually hate this cunt but listening to him rip the piss out of people who take meltzer or wade keller seriously is cathartic

someone who finally rips this shitty "fandom" to threads and wants to be a normal dude who watches a dumb tv show and doesn't take it seriously
>>
>>2651675
1998 Jericho
>>
>>2650443
>today's show
>implying
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BRAND FOR ONLY $19.99 PER WEEK AND GET ACCESS TO LIONS TIGERS BEARS AND DISCO ON FRIDAYS.
>>
'member when Big Dick Vic was upset that he was paying Jeff Lane $350/month for 120 hours of work so he threatened to fire him and now he only makes $200/month and is forced to shill the Brand on 4chan. Lel TBQH.
>>
>>2651124
What about TNA?
>>
>>2652044
Their highest ratings ever were when Russo was at TNA with over 2million viewers. That's almost wwe numbers!!!
>>
MARKING FOR FINNY
>>
>>2651134
>in 1998 which is where he's stuck. Russo thinks the same Jerry Springer cartoon antics that worked 20 years ago will work now even though wrestling has evolved and passed him by.

Based on that logic, shows like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead would get no ratings. "herr derr this isn't he 90's with Melrose Place where people want to watch over the top storylines and shocking moments! Get with the times grandpa!"
>>
Although Raw does suck, the Attitude era had a lot of extremely retarded storylines too. Ratings are lower today for one main reason: because there there are about 50x as many entertainment options to consume today compared to 1998. There were no MOBAs, MMORPGs, teenybopper YouTube stars, Twitch streamers, etc at the time. I wonder how many viewers Overwatch alone has stolen from RAW.
>>
>>2653285
>Supply does not increase demand
>This is basic thuganomics
>>
>>2653285
>Attitude era had a lot of extremely retarded storylines too
People walking around killing zombies is as retarded as any AE storyline but Walking Deads lowest viewership was 11 million last month.
>>
>>2653627
Aside from Lucha Underground, I've not come across a wrestling show with a plot as coherent as Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, and certainly none as compelling.

Consider, for example, the whole concept of face and heel turns. If you did a real-life heel turn and stabbed your friends, family and associates in the back, you would never make another face turn, namely because they have a long-term memory and will never forget that you fucked them over. They'll never trust you again. Wrestling has always operated on the assumption that it's viewers have no long-term memory and we're just supposed to accept random radical changes of personality or disposition at face value. A cast with no long-term alliances, no trustworthy characters, etc makes it very hard to sympathize or like anybody.

To make a wrestling show as compelling as Walking Dead or Game of Thrones, you'd have to write a unified storyline from scratch, where all the storylines properly cohere/intersect and where conflicts have resolutions. The Attitude era didn't do that and their storylines were as nonsensical as they are presently. Lucha Underground is the only show attempting to present a unified story line, although I doubt it will every attract as many eyeballs as Walking Dead because...it's still a wrestling show.
>>
>>2652504
Did you really just try to compare Attitude Era antics to fucking Game of Thrones? Did someone leave the computer on at the group home?
>>
>>2653984
Wwe themselves compare their garbage writing to Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

The company's whole shtick since day 1 is that they're not a huge wrestling company but some hybrid variety show that competes with everything from NFL games to HBO and NBC shows.
>>
>>2653984
>Did you really just try to compare Attitude Era antics to fucking Game of Thrones?

No. Read my post again. I was comparing Game of Thrones to Melrose Place.

The poster I was replying to was saying that what worked in the 90's doesn't work anymore in wrestling. But what worked in the 90's for tv (Melrose Place with shocking storylines and big twists) still works today with Game of Thrones.

So the whole logic of "herr derr the Attitude Era can't come back because the 90's are over" is 100% false.
>>
>>2650959
>The Roman Reigns Show is all about pure workrate

Learn how to spell "feud"
>>
>>2654383
duely noted.
>>
>>2654383
>Learn how to spell "feud"
welcome to /asp/. go back to plebbit if you want to get worked over some random stranger's spelling
>>
File: IMG_9437.jpg (79KB, 336x528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9437.jpg
79KB, 336x528px
>>2654336
You missed the point of my original post. the zeitgeist of the late 1990s when the Attitude Era took off was edgy trash tv antics like what you saw on Jerry Springer (one of the biggest shows of the era) which is what Russo specializes in. He and the handful of idiots left following him think that the zany too-hot-for-TV crap that worked then will work now and it won't because that time has passed.

If there's one thing I'll give Russo is that he's a good salesman which is how he's managed to keep what following he still has despite being a relic desperately clinging to a bygone era.
>>
>>2655847

>Bro you have no idea, Divas in white cotton panties will always draw in the ratings bro,
>>
>>2655847
>zany too-hot-for-TV crap that worked then will work now and it won't because that time has passed.

No it hasn't. People still like hot chicks, shocking storylines, etc.

As I said, based on your logic, popular 90's tv things wouldn't work today but they do with Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.