[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: war.jpg (77KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
77KB, 1024x576px
So which side are you on, /asp/? Which company will you be rooting for in the upcoming war when NJPW invades and attempts to compete with WWE in their home turf. Do you expect NJPW to succeed?
>>
I hope WWE dies in any way. I'll take anything.
>>
>Do you expect NJPW to succeed?

On a small scale, yes. They're not going to compete with WWE in the US head to head.

The better question is does Japan care enough about the WWE for the inevitable WWE Japan tournament/developmental/NXT whatever to impact the established companies already there.
>>
NJPW, but only because it will hopefully inspire WWE to get off their asses and use all the good shit they have.
>>
NJPW, because I just prefer the product and style. I dislike the Soap Opera TV and comedy/drama that WWE puts out. I also dislike Womens wrestling (it's shit)

Suceed, Yes in a relative way eg; they will be the second largest brand in the US and wil be more well known to the avg fan.

It's not an invasion or a war, you are falling for the bait the dirtsheets, shitty wrestling news sites and know nothing youtubers are putting out to get views/hits.

NJPW just want to expand to diff markets just as WWE have done.
>>
>two universes collide

Fucking cringe. Nobody cares about who japan except for Carter
>>
>>2649281
This, iron sharpens iron. and WWE has desperately needed a foil for 15+ years to light a fire under Vince's ass.
>>
>>2649265
was team wcw during the monday night wars. will be team njpw during the upcoming wars.
cant stand the mcmahons variety hour anymore.
>>
New Japan vs E-Drones is carters new roleplaying gimmick right?
>>
>>2649265

"""""Invasion"""""

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Pigs_Invasion
>>
Ideally a stronger NJPW would push WWE to get its shit together and book a better show with the vast amount of talent and resources they have. So instead of picking sides I would enjoy the superior product from both sources.

But realistically this has no chances of happening as long as Vincent Kennedy McMahon is alive (and even when he dies, the company is too big to experiment now), so WWE will stay to wrestling what MTV is to music.
>>
>>2649276
>WWE Japan tournament

Yeah can't wait for WWE to sign all of the free agents from illustrious promotions like Wrestle-1
>>
>>2650348
Yeah, the WWE is killing itself by having killed all real competition. Their whole business model doesn't really reward them for doing good decisions anymore. PPV don't really exist anymore, so the buyrates don't matter.
They are giving the Network out for free even during Mania season just to present higher subs numbers.
And their TV revenue is mainly independent from the shit ratings.

So they don't really have a direct incentive to have great product.
>>
>>2650364
This is the most likely scenario but I do hope new gook at least puts a little pressure on the E to improve a bit.
>>
>>2650364
TNA somehow can still book shows and you think New Japan won't be able to find a niche?
>>
>>2650370

I think WWE might have gotten too big to survive, I don't know how long multi-million productions and roadshows can be sustained with these ratings and buyrates.
>>
>>2650364
WWE treats NJPW as pre-WWE, like Ring of Honor (and NXT). They will get a niche, no problem.

WCPW however is going to be dead within two years because WWE is actively trying to take over the entire British scene.
>>
I just want WWE to have legitimate competition to light a fire under their asses
>>
File: images.png (7KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 268x188px
>>2649265
Why would WWE waste its time with New Japan when they can take on the WAW?
>>
Njpw would rule the states if they had a weekly show that showed fights that were recent instead of a 4 month delay
>>
Imagine someone unironically using the term gook in a conversation irl. Imagine what they'd be wearing and how they'd look. Imagine them trying to talk to a girl.

Really puts things into perspective.
>>
Neither because I don't take pride in my preferred choice of fake fighting.
>>
NJPW, but even if things go perfect for them here it will take a decade+ if they ever get as big as WWE. If things go perfectly TNA folds, ROH, NJPW and Corgans' new NWA will all collaborate together and bring in a new era of pro wrestling on TV that will rival the WWE.
>>
>>2649269
FPBP
>>
>>2649363
This, but not Vince, the locker room needs the fire. If NJPW gets big enough that they can go to them and make a decent living, I think we'll see more passion and creativity and less playing it safe.
>>
NJPW will force Vince to sell the company.

WWE drones have no idea what's coming.
>>
WWE.
NJPW can talk the game all they want, but on the world stage they're just another TNA but with hipsters for fans.

Theres a reason one is making a shitload of money than the other.
>>
WWE simply cause I need that Network for as long as possible for my WCW.
>>
>>2650867
Pure wrestling and workrate based product will never draw any kind of mass audience.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.