[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gimmick Matches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Judy Bagwell.jpg (25KB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
Judy Bagwell.jpg
25KB, 352x240px
So lads, I'm just wondering. What was the weirdest gimmick match you've came across? I know this one is pretty famous but I'm thinking about some lesser known ones. Anyone got any ideas?
>>
Most shit from BJW. Just props to have props.
>>
File: BJW.jpg (26KB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
BJW.jpg
26KB, 747x420px
Yeah, good call. It's crazy some of the stuff they do over there. I can't bring myself to watch it since they basically desensitize you to stuff like barbed wire which should be a big fucking deal. But its every 2nd match for them.
>>
>>2648793
Look up Tank Abbot vs Big Al in a skin on a pole match.
>>
>>2648793
>Anon asks for the weirdest gimmick match.
>Don't have the heart to tell him he's obviously mentally blocked out the abortion of one from a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>2648793
DDT in Japan once did a match with 7 referees in the ring at once. It's one of the funniest matches ever.

I just watched New Blood Rising and the Judy Bagwell match is just a shark cage match with a forklift it's not even the 3rd weirdest thing to happen in that show.
>>
Probably one of the Brahman Bros. BJW matches. I remember one with Great Sasuke and Jun Kasai called a Dead and Alive Food match where they beat each other with live octopi and strapped a crayfish and an m80 to explode on Sasuke.
>>
>>2649055
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0BZpcfH3OY
>>
>>2648989
>a match with 7 referees in the ring at once
sounds like gold, Jerry.
>>
>>2648793
Chris Jericho in a shark in a cage match for the universal title
>>
from the deepest hole in russo's brain I bring you the fish market street fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDAFotIdfKM
>>
>>2649109
>HEEES HOT!
>HEEEES SPICY!
>HE TASTES GREEEEEEAAAAAAT
>>
>>2648793
I love the empty arena match between Rock and Mankind
>>
>>2649298
Halftime Heat was tits. It's a perfect example of just how hot wrestling was and it showed what wrestling is like when it actually "gets it" with pop culture at large.
>>
What was the meme shit ppv WCW did with the 3 rings
>>
>>2648876
that's one of my favorite matches for me and my buddy to take the piss out of, literally everything about it
>standing on face spot
>tank nearly killing al with the fireman's carry on the turnbuckle, seriously what the fuck was that supposed to be if it didn't botch
>tank pulling a knife out at the end and putting it to al's throat saying hes going to fucking kill him and schiavone "covering" by saying tank was going to shave the beardless al

watch it once a month at least
2000 wcw was something magical
>>
>>2649493
world war 3
>>
>>2649500
The best part is apparently Tank did it because someone backstage told him to end the match with a weapons spot. They meant a chair or something, not knowing Tank carried a knife with him.
>>
>>2649500

WCW 2000 is like watching wrestling on every kind of drug imaginable. It's incredible how bad/great it is
>>
Blacktop Bully vs Dustin Rhodes
King of the Road match
Uncensored 1995

Took place on a moving flatbed truck. Both were fired for blading.
>>
>>2649567
It's sad how obvious it was they were desperate to pull any ratings and were just pulling crazy angles out of their asses.
>>
>>2649500
It's a travesty how much they dropped the ball with Tank Abbot. Dude was funny as fuck and if they had let him talk more he would have gotten over huge. He had some of the best quotes in MMA ever.

"Let me tell you something about the ground game and Jiu-Jitsu. All you un-athletic people out there, you know this for a fact. Little kids learn Jiu-Jitsu. Women learn Jiu-Jitsu. You don't have to be an athlete to know Jiu-Jitsu. You have to be an athlete to wrestle in college, or to walk into a boxing gym and have competitive boxing matches and fight people. You just have to be a bitch and lay on your back to know Jiu-Jitsu. I mean, come on. It's the truth."

"After a match, my opponent goes to the hospital and gets an IV and I have a martini."

"I'm starting to get sexually aroused right now you better get that off." -Tank Abbott after watching a replay of his brutal knockout of John Matua.
>>
>>2649567
In hindsight, it's crazy fun to go back and watch now. There's literally never a boring moment, something crazy is always happening.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.