[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are newer WWE games so shitty when it comes to the match

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: WWE_2K17_Official_Cover.jpg (25KB, 265x376px) Image search: [Google]
WWE_2K17_Official_Cover.jpg
25KB, 265x376px
Why are newer WWE games so shitty when it comes to the match types?

Like, it's a mfing video game. It would be perfect if they threw in a bunch of crazy shit in there like Punjabi Prison, electrified cage and WarGames, but they won't even throw in a casket match.
>>
>>2647436
Because the developers are lazy cunts and fans still give money for this bronze painted turd of a game.
>>
>>2647436
They need to have custom on a pole matches. Trust me, it will be the GOAT best seller game of all time if they do this.
>>
>>2647449
Pretty much this. Hopefully Fire Pro Wrestling World does well enough to light a fire under 2K's asses so they'll make 2K18 better than 2K17.
>>
They are really lazy. You can't even change the arena for the Royal Rumble match, despite including the arena assets for other Royal Rumble events like 2001.
>>
Literally no competition, shit devs, shit budget and the same small dev cycle.

Until some different studio spends at least 3 years making a new game from the ground up, wwe games will continue to be crap.
>>
>>2647436
A better question is how this shit game is so unstable after being out half a year.

I have never had so many CTD's in one game, and I play heavily modded Skyrim.
>>
>>2647436
Because they listen to smarks who only want "muh realism" in a goddamn wrestling videogame

>tfw you will never climb up that smackdown fist and Swanton bomb someone
>>
>>2647715
>light a fire under

back to plebbit faggot
>>
>>2647436
What happend to great matches like "Bras and Panties" I used to get the games soley for those kinds of matches.

They removed anything fun from these games, and from wrestling in general.
>>
>>2647715
Yukes contract runs out after 2K18 I think
>>
>>2647933
Sauce? That would be glorious
2k19 would probably start development this year with a different studio
>>
>>2647921
God. You lead a sad existence.
>>
>>2647436
Because just like WWE in real life, there's no competition. they can give us ps2 graphics, broken controls and shit match types every year and still make money.
>>
>>2647436
To please the "everything must be done in a safe manner" smarks
>>
>>2647436
I still play 2K14. Best WWE game.
>>
>>2647940
>2K has a new studio to work on WWE 2K19
>it's worse than the guys that brought us WWE WrestleMania 21 for the Xbox
>the game sucks fat donkey cock

What than?
>>
>>2647436

Is No Mercy still the best wrestling game ever?
>>
>>2647436
but muh realism
>>
>>2648050
nah senpai HCTP
>>
>>2648048
>2k has a new studio on WWE 2K19
>it's better than the guys that brought us No Mercy
>the game is the best wrestling game of all time
What than?
>>
>>2648067
*then
>>
>>2648048
The games already suck ass, it's better to give someone else a try than let Yukes' autism go rampant forever

>>2648067
Impossible unless they show the middle finger to everyone who wants muh realism bullshit.
>>
>>2647436
Is inferno match still in? Also they need to add 5v5 survivor series matches.
>>
All the fags saying these games suck are fucking retards. They're at least 10 times better than all of the SvR games
>inb4 muh nostalgia
Seriously, they don't hold up at all. The only thing the 2k games lack is good story modes.
>>
>>2648140
The engine/consoles can't handle more than 6 people at once. They probably could if the game was 30fps instead of 60.
>>
>>2648148
What about Royal Rumbles?
>>
>>2648175
There can't be more than 6 people at once, nobody else joins in unless another gets eleminated. Only Just Bring It allowed 8 people.
>>
>>2648140

I've been waiting for 5v5 since shut your mouth. You're telling me 14 years and two PlayStations later you STILL can't handle ten guys in the screen at once?
>>
>>2648144
>The only thing the 2k games lack is good story, good game-play, good commentary, GM Mode.

FIFY
>>
>>2648361
Universe mode is leagues better than GM mode ever was.
>>
>>2648361
>The only thing the 2k games lack is a good everything

FIFY
>>
Just play Fire Pro Returns or wait for World
>>
>>2648464
That's what I'm doing now. I'm actually waiting for a second memory card I've ordered to arrive so I can place my fantasy-based edits (Mario, Zangief, King, etc.) on it.
>>
>>2648144
18+
>>
Which is the best 2K game?

Gotta be 2K14 for me
>>
>>2648059
>we 'll never get a game that combines the 2k graphics with hctp's career mode

Still 5he GOAT career mode.
>>
I bought the game and thought it was alright.

The created wrestlers look amazing and the base roster is huge. My biggest gripes are MyCareer mode which looked promising but turned out to be the most boring grind fest ever. Also I don't like all the mocapped stuff, most of the moves look like shit. I played Day of Reckoning the other day and was surprised by the sense of impact and weight I was getting from the game.
>>
Fire Pro Director likes the idea of one day porting Fire Pro Wrestling World to the Switch (see the last question)

http://www.dualshockers.com/fire-pro-wrestling-world-interview/

If this ends up happening and the game is compatible with Amiibo, what would they do?
>>
>>2647436
I miss the fucking backstage battles where you could go room to room. No Mercy on the N64 was amazing for this. The multiple story lines was GOAT as well, different story for each title and the story completely changed depending on if you won or lost a match.
>>
>You will never be able to climb the Smackdown fist and do moves off of it again
>You will never be able to do shoryukens with Ultimate Warrior again
>You will never be able to compete against your friends in a ratings war again
>NRS will never make WWE Immortals into a real fighting game
>>
What kinda match do you wanna play, Extreme Rules, Falls Count Anywhere, or No Holds Barred?
>>
>>2649239
>NRS will never make WWE Immortals into a real fighting game

Thank god
>>
>>2648443
the community creations are cool, but that's about it.
>>
>>2648991
the roster was bigger last year, but the mycareer was slightly worse. They took out the 2K showcase this year, which I thought was one of the only interesting parts of the game last year.
>>
I really enjoyed the vc purchasables approach to unlocking wrestlers. 10/10 move

reminded me of being a kid and picking out a new wrestler from the toy aisle
>>
File: WWE_SmackDown_vs._Raw_2007.jpg (44KB, 260x331px) Image search: [Google]
WWE_SmackDown_vs._Raw_2007.jpg
44KB, 260x331px
I GOT A BULLET WITH A NAME ON IT
>>
File: 2017 consoles.png (2MB, 1872x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2017 consoles.png
2MB, 1872x2448px
Is this accurate?
>>
>>2647449
this
>>
>>2647436
the games are far too easy now, even on "legend" difficulty.
>>
>>2649481
2K Showcase is on 2k17. It's apart of a DLC.
>>
>>2651726
AJ plays xbox
>>
>>2651725
BULLET WITH A NAME
>>
>>2648067
I just want based 400 foot tall french man to make the ring go ape shit with every move.
>>
Some new information regarding the Early Access version of Fire Pro Wrestling World:

"The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has details on the content of Fire Pro Wrestling World‘s Steam Early Access version.

Here are the gameplay modes and rules that will be available:

Gameplay Modes

Offline Play
Online Play
Edit Mode
Gameplay Rules

Normal Match
Steel Cage Deathmatch
Electric Current Blast Deathmatch
Land Mine Blast Deathmatch
Battle Royale
Mixed Martial Arts Rules"

Of course, users who purchase the Early Access version of the game will not need to purchase the game again when it is officially released.

Fire Pro Wrestling World will also have a large number of new moves, including the turn-around short range lariat, pole-shift flowsion, and twist-style pulldown face buster.
>>
>>2647983
not ever, but it's the last good 2k title. my problem with 2k17 is always the same: no fucking custom music. this is fucking ridicolous. Adam Cole without his awesome ROH music is not the same
>>
>>2654738
2K14 was good, I'll admit that - the only problem I had with it was the logo scaling for Create-An-Arena.
>>
Every wwe game that I have played after hctp have been mediocre and boring, they just copy paste most of the stuff and the game feels lifeless and stupid. The tna game from 2008 was so much better
>>
the fact that i can't have a fucking non-over-the-top rope battle royal is bullshit considering that you get inserted into those matches in mycareer
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.