[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

what went wrong?
>>
>>2646222
There's barely anyone in the company good enough to put it over, and one of the only ones that can, holds the title but hasn't been on RAW in weeks.
>>
>noko

cringe
>>
>>2646222
it's not big gold

Why did they bother merging the two world titles if they were just going to create another one a few years later? This is why no one takes WWE seriously.
>>
>>2646222
the name I guess
>>
>noko

Did I just jump back in time?
>>
>noko is back
well its time to leave...
>>
The problem is that's red. Belts shouldn't be red.
A lot of terms in wrestling are stupid, but they ultimately blend in, so the name is not a problem.
>>
the first champs were owens and finn
>>
>>2646222
Mr sexy ass lottery has gotten a run with it and Owens burried it with record lows as universal champion
>>
>>2646295
There's a ton of red strapped belts. The problem is the plate being red and the strap looking so fucking cheap.
>>
>>2646222

Everything

The name is shit.
The look is shit.
First champion has to relinquish the title after 22h.
Second champion is a heel booked as a coward and comedy act
Third champion only has it for 4 weeks.
Fourth champion disappears from TV for 3 months after winning it.

Yeah, this title was botched on every level.
>>
File: 1492659015047.jpg (31KB, 540x495px) Image search: [Google]
1492659015047.jpg
31KB, 540x495px
Entitled and selfish smarks who are the scum of the earth.
>>
>>2646222
Turns out putting your belt on a part timer so another even more part timey part timer can take it off him is a bad idea.
>>
>>2646222
>Rediculous name
>God awful design
>Terrible color choice that only a handfull of stars can pull off leaving people not named Kane to all look awful with it.
>Anyone who wants to try to look good in it must wear reds and/or blacks at all times because no other color scheme works with this shitty title
>First champion was kill after a day
>Second champion was geeked out on a weekly basis and devalued the title greatly
>50 year old part timer shows up and turns the title into a sideshow during the middle of one of the most longterm damaging booking decisions since the debacle that was the invasion angle
>Brock takes the title and now neither he nor the Championship are ever in TV despite that title being made because of how "desperately" Raw needed a world title after the WWE Championship was sent to Raw

I think this about covers it.
>>
>>2646376
this
>>
>>2646376
Not this.

>>2646381
Not this either.

>>2646301
>The name is shit.
>The look is shit.

Mainly this. It just sucks.
>>
1) Bad name. Universal Championship just makes you think of space, not wrestling. It's supposed to be the championship for the fans, the WWE Universe, but Balor aside, it's been on:
A) KO, a heel who hated the fans.
B) Goldberg, who admittedly did fit that role as someone who did fight for the fans and who the fans loved.
C) Brock Lesnar, who immediately fucked off after Mania and hasn't been around since.

2) Clashing colors. When a belt looks bad on the shoulders of Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar, guys who make ANY belt look good, you know it's a fucking disaster. The red strap was just a terrible idea, the only guy I can think of that would make it look good is Nakamura. MAYBE Demon Kang Balor, but, well, we never got to see that.

3) Owens was booked really badly, lost or otherwise got chumped out on TV constantly and after him dodging his comeuppance against Seth and Roman for months and turning on Jericho, Goldberg just spearing his dick off was super fucking anticlimactic. Seth, Roman or Jericho needed to beat Owens and by Seth, Roman or Jericho, I mean Jericho.

4) We all knew Goldberg was dropping to Lesnar, so even if the match was great, it was anticlimactic and again, Lesnar just fucked off immediately after Mania. And we already knew Lesnar's holding it for a year to drop it to Roman, so, that's gonna be anticlimactic as shit too.

Basically what I'm getting at here is it KO vs. Jericho should've been for the Universal Title at Mania.
>>
>>2646747
You make good points but Jericho fucked off pretty much immediately after WM too...
>>
>>2646222
Name of the title, the look of the belt and the brand split.
>>
>>2646782
Well yeah, what I'm saying is, if Jericho wasn't gonna be beating Owens for the title, he probably should've just kept it.
>>
>>2646376
Smarkbusters pls go

Smarks hate this belt just as much as normies
>>
The red plate make it look like a chewed Airhead.
>>
They made it out of fruit rollups.
>>
the first champion was an irish manlet twink potato nigger who held the title for less than a day cause hes made of glass and then came back and got concussed by a guy who looks like a real champion
>>
The first real titleholder was a fat manlet who couldn't defend it without help of a second person.
The second titleholder was a part-timer who only showed up to do a quick promo every week and had two minute matches on PPV.
The current titleholder is a part-timer who hasn't been on TV in a month-and-a-half.

They should just put the title on Strowman so we can get a believable champion who actually appears on TV regularly.
>>
>>2646222
I'm in the minority but I think the name is fine. Back in the day of different boxing promotions, you'd have "universal" champions, in the sens they were universally recognized.
>>
>>2646376
>it's the fans fault the people who run the company do a bad job of it
>>
>>2646222
It went for branding rather than prestige
>>
>>2647210

>It went for branding rather than prestige

This could sum up pretty much all of the problems with the WWE product today.

It's WAY too much trying to force branding memes (all of these shitty nicknames the announcers have to fucking spam, for instance), and not enough of trying to make championships, wrestlers, and matches look prestigious.

The roster is 90% cartoon comedy geeks who, regardless of whether they are a face or heel, will be shilling for whatever cause d'jour Steph is forcing down our throats at a moment's notice.
>>
>>2647089
A company shouldnt have to bend over backwards just to appease you smug, pretentious fucks
sadly with the new gen of wrestling fans it doesn't really look like they have a choice
>>
File: CpWsJVoXEAAI4Ar[1].jpg (195KB, 1024x953px) Image search: [Google]
CpWsJVoXEAAI4Ar[1].jpg
195KB, 1024x953px
it looks like a leather couch or shinsuke's pants

belt would have looked much better as the top belt.
>>
>>2647317
>hey WWE, how about don't put the belt on people you're going to job out and make into geeks, then expect us to take the belt seriously

WTF? DUMBASS SMARKS JUST WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO THEM. THE FANS ARE AT FAULT FOR WWE HAVING 0 CONTINUITY.
>>
>>2647324
damn, that's actually pretty sexy looking, aesthetics-wise. almost to the point of being too sleek, like something that would be better suited on an action figure than a real person
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.