[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which match was better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (633KB, 480x722px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
633KB, 480x722px
Which match was better?
>>
>>2643111
Summerslam
>>
File: 3X5wk3H.png (449KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
3X5wk3H.png
449KB, 600x335px
>Cena shirt aren't the right versions for that particular match
why does this trigger my autism
>>
>>2643118
Royal Rumble
>>
SS because the RR match might be good but it wasn't necessary since Cena is dropping the belt to Wyatt 2 weeks later
>>
>>2643111
finnaslam easily
styles winning meant something and put him over as big time, he carried smackdown since
cena winning at rumble was pointless filler
>>
>>2643111
RR was just the same match again with a shittier outcome, so Summerslam.
>>
>>2643111
Royal Rumble. The Summerslam one was just taking turns to do power moves/finishers to eachother for half an hour.
>>
>>2643111
Money in the bank
>>
Royal Rumble. It feels pointless since Cena immediately dropped the strap, but it was a perfectly paced, perfectly told story.
>>
>>2643126
that triggered me. Cena waltzed in was handed a belt match to steal it from the GOAT only to job to a neckbeard and be a part timer until WM
>>
Summerslam easily. Was there for that. My dick exploded when AJ kicked out , the whole crowd lost their minds.
>>
>>2643111

SS > RR > Triple Threat > MitB
>>
>>2643287
They didn't want to put nuclear heat on Wyatt given he's basically a face.

Saying that, not sure why AJ couldn't have been eliminated from the chamber match by BMJ and then Wyatt pinning BMJ.

Seems like Cena won 3 PPV matches in a row because he politic'd his way to it after losing 3 times to AJ. Given he was leaving after WM, he didn't even lose his leaving match. What a prick.
>>
>>2643122
I'm equally triggered by the fact that the SummerSlam graphic is in front of goddamn Wrestlemania 30.
>>
Lemme ask you guys something about the RR match. Would you have preferred if AJ retained, then dropped to Wyatt at the Chamber two weeks later?

I think the way they did it is ultimately better because this way, AJ did remain somewhat protected, by virtue of never being pinned clean by Wyatt in a 1 on 1 match.
>>
>>2643419
I'd like to have seen AJ eliminated from the chamber match by John, with Wyatt pinning John. There was no reason for AJ to drop it outwith John's incessant need to go in to WM on a winning streak.
>>
>>2643421
My only issue with that is that kinda thing would logically lead into a John/AJ match at Mania and that's not the direction they were going in.
>>
>>2643111
>le workrate
cringe
>>
>>2643419
I think the Rumble match was better but AJ should have went over 100%. Why couldn't AJ be the guy Cena COULDN'T beat? AJ being the guy who stopped Cena from getting 16 would have made for a much more compelling story than what we got. Cena winning basically made AJ's whole journey feel almost pointless.
>>
>>2643419
Strictly speaking, I would have preferred it if they had held off the third AJ/Cena match until Wrestlemania. I get why they didn't: they needed a championship match that would draw in the Alamodome, and if Shawn wasn't going to come out of retirement for a one-off, AJ/Cena was it.

What I would have done differently was book AJ/Orton/Bray into a triple threat title match at Mania. They could have gone a solid 25 minutes by taking part of the time allotted to Shane/AJ and had a much better match than either of the ones we got.
>>
The first match is overshadowed because of the shit ending, otherwise, the match had the biggest feel for me - the two finally meeting in the ring.
>>
>>2643504
Issue there is AJ just feels kind of out of place because Orton/Wyatt was this extremely long storyline that took over six months in total leading up to Mania, and AJ never interacted with either of the guys prior to Mania. When they did something similar for Wrestlemania 30, it felt organic (even though it wasn't) because Bryan had been feuding with Orton and Triple H for months already. Like don't get me wrong, as a match, I wanted AJ/Bray/Orton too, but as a story it's hard to make it fit.

I think the problem isn't so much AJ dropping at RR and then Cena dropping two weeks later. AJ put Cena over strong and then Cena parlayed that to put over Bray REALLY strong. Back in February, Bray's power level was off the charts. Because of all the good work AJ, Cena and even Ambrose had done feuding for the belt the last six months, Bray looked like a fucking superstar for coming out on top.

The problem was basically everything after that. The house burning angle was cool, but after that, they just did more spooky shit with Bray and had him just fucking lose again and now Bray and his reign like a joke and this has a huge ripple effect outwards. Bray losing like a chump makes his reign look bad, which devalues the work Cena did to put him over, and it makes Randy's reign less impressive because it doesn't feel like he did anything difficult to win the match. He just looked at a picture of some bugs on the floor and RKOed a dude.
>>
>>2643441
That SHOULD have been the direction they went in. The Miz/Cena feud was a one sided mess of Cena pandering.
>>
>>2643521
I mean if we wanna talk about directions they should've gone in, there's about a million better opponents for both of them than what actually happened. Each other, Undertaker, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, etc.

Like, Undertaker > AJ at the RR, then Cena > Undertaker at Mania (or Cena > Undertaker and AJ in a triple threat) was an extremely easy direction to go in, but. Not what they wanted.
>>
>>2643111
Summer Slam > Triple Threat > Royal Rumble > MitB > Six Man Tag at Fastlane
>>
>>2643529
You mean Battleground?

Either way though, man, what a hell of a feud. Every single one of those matches is at least really good.
>>
>>2643533
Yeah, for sure. It's the only time I can rank matches like that and not feel bad that the bottom ones are bad, since they're still fantastic.
>>
Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens

Or

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles

Both better
>>
>>2643548
Lol
>>
File: 1464656764831.gif (511KB, 160x170px) Image search: [Google]
1464656764831.gif
511KB, 160x170px
>>2643548
Are you implying that KO and AJ having to carry Based Big Samoan Shitstain to a good match is better then 2 GOATS putting on 2 absolute spectacles?
>>
SummerSlam
>>
>>2643548
>>2643598
>Both no DQ matches
>None of the AJ/Cena matches were besides the triple threat.
Funny how that works.
>>
>>2643515
>Issue there is AJ just feels kind of out of place because Orton/Wyatt was this extremely long storyline that took over six months in total leading up to Mania, and AJ never interacted with either of the guys prior to Mania.

Except AJ's whole character arc after the Rumble was getting the title or the number one contendership back so he could main event Wrestlemania. He had a natural issue with Orton after Orton gave up his Mania spot and he jumped through a bunch of hoops to take it for his own, only to have Randy say "lolnope, it's mine".

Whether Vince realizes it or not, Randy was the heel throughout the entire angle, and they should have gone with that, with Randy fucking Bray and AJ to win the title and running SD as the top heel, letting AJ make a more natural face turn.
>>
>>2643111
>finisher spam

They both sucked equally.
>>
Summerslam. No question. Holy shit if you liked the Royal Rumble match more there might be actually something wrong with you.

Least the SS match had pacing and that GOAT selling moment from Cena after the Avalanche AA, where as the RR match had finisher spam till a pointless 16th title win.
>>
RR simply for that roll through AA
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.