/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his gimmick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Roderick_Strong.jpg (53KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Roderick_Strong.jpg
53KB, 900x506px
What's his gimmick?
>>
le backbreaker man

it's amazing how people are now pretending he has a personality just because nxmeme aired some sob stories about muh tough life
>>
Being stiff
>>
Used to be shit-eating heel gym rat, now I'm not so sure but those promos they've been doing are doing a good job of making him sympathetic, if nothing else.
>>
>>2640340
His junkie mom turned heel and tried to bury his father.
>>
>>2640340
Happy family man with a slightly darker childhood?
>>
White trash who becomes a chad
>>
>>2640340
Vanilla midget. Worked on indies 15 years cause he wasn't good enough to be hired by WWE. Travelled all over world and loves his family (like every other indie shmuck).
>>
>>2640352
>slightly
Geez Anon, something you'd like to share?
>>
>>2640340
Just happy to be here

They did the same video thing for Apollo and look where he is. At least Roddy is white.
>>
>>2640340
dad
>>
>>2640540
>Implying Apollo isn't making it a win
>>
Literal vanilla midget.
>>
He is Roderick Strong Recognize
>>
>>2640343
They did this with Crews too. This just means they have nothing for him and he'll be buried on the main roster.
>>
>>2640343
This. It's pathetic how now the smarks are all rooting for him to succeed when nothing has changed.
>>
>>2640540
Damn, didn't realise someone made that point already.
>>
>>2640591
>People like someone more now that they know more about them
Made me think.
>>
an indie fag who now has a family and fights for them
>>
>>2640594
His childhood has nothing to do with his wrestling character or more accurately lack of one. Should we get the entire roster to sit down and tell us about their personal lives to make up for being bland faggots with no charisma?
>>
>>2640595
Basically a face version of KO when he was doing his prizefighter gimmick. Which was kind of cool and then he became the standard chicken shit heel.
>>
>>2640599
If their past has someone that will garner them empathy, sure. People probably would like, say, Zack Ryder more if they found out he survived childhood cancer.
>>
>>2640609
Didn't they do that with R-Truth? And Mick Foley as Mankind? Just obviously a lot better.
>>
He can do a bunch of moves, looks like Joe Buck and can't cut a promo. Great character.
>>
>>2640621
I remember R-Truth vignettes about him being a reformed small time criminal or something, but that never had any bearing on the show itself as far as I remember.
>>
>>2640631
I just remember those vignettes, can't remember how they were incorporated though. Problem with these ones for Roddy and Crews is it actually just emphasizes their Joe Everyman character. Which is the opposite of what they want to do.
>>
Based Hard Life Roddy Working The Shitty Little Anti Smarks
>>
Muh struggle Indy shitter
>>
Strong/Crews tag team when?

Back-breakers and flippy shit for days.
>>
>>2640856
EBONY AND IVORY
>>
>>2640856
That would actually probably make them relevant.

>>2640862
I was trying to think of a good name for them.
>>
>>2640856
Compete at the next Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic as Hard Times.
>>
>>2640865
>Vince: I love it! But call them Hard Crimes. Because.... you know. *makes racially offensive gesture*
>>
>>2640865
Damn that's a good idea.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.