[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is going to be the next top guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

Who is going to be the next top guy?
>>
not possible. no ones going to reach cena tier again because he's already a part timer and everyone else in the company is dead in the water. when cena was coming up all of the older guys from the last generation were still active and putting other people over. now we have an entire roster of midcarders.
>>
Obviously Braun Strowman
>>
>>2638226
Roman will artificially fill the role but will NEVER be a draw
>>
>>2638226
>>
>>2638241
Big men don't work as top guys
>>
File: goat.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
He will be the next Sammartino
>>
>>2638248
Kalisto pls
>>
>>2638259
Based Babbytelli
>>
File: Mitchell Starr.jpg (151KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mitchell Starr.jpg
151KB, 400x400px
>>2638226
>>
HHH
>>
>>2638226
Balor
>>
Agay Styles
>>
>>2638330
DEMON KANG
>>
Nobody is going to reach Cena levels again, because nobody is allowed to do the things he was able to do to get himself over and nobody besides a couple guys are protected right now to the degree he was.
>>
>>2638226
Big Cass. They're protecting him hard.
>>
>>2638454
He has tits.
>>
>>2638454
That might legit be worse than Roman. Outside of a hot tag, there's very very very little to Cass.
>>
>>2638226
JBL
>>
>>2638226
Mojo Rawley
>>
>>2638469
And that is how Vince will get Roman over.
>>
>>2638479
lol well it's how Cena finally got universally over.
>>
>>2638226
Elias Samson
>>
File: 20110315_miz-600x335.jpg (69KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
20110315_miz-600x335.jpg
69KB, 600x335px
>>
File: IMG_1441.gif (938KB, 260x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.gif
938KB, 260x333px
Fandango
>>
>>2638448
Roman is doing the same thing Cena did. Driving away viewership, only at a slower rate. Sounds like a decent replacement.
>>
>>2638495
I could only wish.
>>
>>2638226
No one, WWE is finally going to die soon. Thank God.
>>
File: don't hinder the jinder.jpg (175KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
don't hinder the jinder.jpg
175KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>2638259
HOLY FUCKING YUM
>>
>>2638226
Drew McIntyre
>>
>>2638523
And there's the death of pro wrestling
>>
>>2638248
Hogan was 6'8
>>
We need someone sub-30, hopefully someone mid 20s. With developmental's top people being almost exclusively indie pet projects I don't see that happening any time soon.
>>
>>2638531
nice nipples
>>
>>2638596
lol idiot
>>2638631
>some faggot 20 year

No thanks
>>
easy
>>
>>2638697
why is heath slater so pissed off
>>
File: Mortician.jpg (125KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mortician.jpg
125KB, 400x400px
>>
>>2638626
He wasn't booked as a mastodon
>>
Roman
>>
>>2638695
If WWE dies no new fans in America are going to get into pro wrestling, no other company even comes close to having their mainstream popularity. No company can rise up and become the worldwide success that they are. Like it or not people get into wrestling watching WWE then branch off to whatever company they prefer
>>
>>2638248
>>2638454
Big Cass is bigger than Strowman
>>
>>2638703
he woke up one day as a bong
>>
>>2639225
>
If WWE dies no new fans in America are going to get into pro wrestling,
LOL
>no other company even comes close to having their mainstream popularity.
Good. Mainstream popularity is what killed wrestling. It's a niche thing. There will always be an audience and kids who want to throw themselves off things and hit each other with chairs.

> Like it or not people get into wrestling watching WWE then branch off to whatever company they prefer
Great! And when WWE dies and the territories and smaller companies come back then it will return to what it was in the 70s which will produce another golden age of GOATs.

More people get into wrestling from watching 80s and 90s wrestlers than anybody they have today.
>>
>>2638495
I honestly believe they'll reward his heel work at some point with a face turn.
>>
Adam Cole
>>
>>2639295
Maybe I was exaggerating when I said no but it will be a much smaller amount of people who get into it.

And WWE being mainstream is what gets a lot people into wrestling in the first place. People here about then check it out and if they like it they stay.

The territory days will never come back. Wrestling is fake. Vince admitting wrestling is fake and it has been treated as fake since kayfabe was broken. In the territory days people were into wrestling because they didn't know it was fake so it was easier to get into. It's a hard sell to the average person to get them to enjoy men in their underwear fake fighting. Will there still be people who get intrigued by wrestling? Yes absolutely. Will it be enough to support it? Nope.
>>
>>2639349
>>2639349
But people will still be into it. And if it's not this tasteless, formless, bland corporate drool WWE is peddling it will be the more vibrant, dynamic stuff from overseas, or over The Wall, or from the internet, or if you are in certain cities then down the block, and that will attract like-minded people who will create a better product.

Imagine the kind of fucking lame ass doofus who would want to get into wrestling from WWE in 2017...who is that? Skinny marks from India?
>>
>>2639365
Kids are still fans of the product.

DESU I sorta agree with you. Without WWE there probably would be better in ring work, better storylines. But the production quality wouldn't be as high nor would the outreach be as large. My only fear in your scenario is that the product becomes too niche, and it becomes harder to get into for kids ands casuals. Lets face it our ideal wrestling promotion is not the same as a kids, and most wrestling fans get into it as kids and grow up with it so they love it. So you have to try and attract the little ones, but our ideal wrestling world probably would not attract too many kids
>>
>>2639390
DESU* Not DESU
>>
>>2639339
ugh
>>
>>2638495
>almost the lowest drawing champion of all time
>>
>>2638697
You're probably joking but I need to tear this idea down. Guy has a ton of potential, but he's not American. The Rushmore of WWE is composed of Hogan, Austin, The Rock, and Cena. Roman is American, they're trying to make him the new Guy, and it may not work but it fits the pattern.
>>
>>2639512
>The Rock

Believe what WWE wants you to believe
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.