[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypocrite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: john-cena-the-rock-handshakejpg.jpg (115KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
john-cena-the-rock-handshakejpg.jpg
115KB, 1200x628px
>>
He owned up to it. He said he regrets a lot of what he said that time.
>>
>>2637585
Who is a hypocrite?

>>2638420
Who owned up to what?
>>
>>2638430
How new and/or stupid are you?

He basically called the Rock out for being a part-timer who got unfair top-of-the-card placement.

Considering Cena is now a part-timer who gets top-of-the-card placement, some consider it to be ironic and hypocritical.
>>
>>2638439
Wasn't watching at the time and have zero desire to watch The Rock
>>
>>2638439
Cena is better than the Rock in every way
>>
>>2638439
But he was mostly right, part-timers winning at WM doesn't really help anyone. What he was wrong about was that part timers shouldn't even get top billing. In the end you have to sell tickets etc and you can't have someone like the Rock at anywhere but the top of the card, which at that time meant either Undertaker or Cena. Cena makes more sense imo.

Now whether the Rock should've won is a harder question. Since he left soon after it does seem like a wasted win. But I'm sure a lot of people tuned in to watch him celebrate his win the night after. I know I did. Cena going over would've been enraging at the time. Also, it would make any feud that he got into going forward, seem pointless since his power level was the highest. But at least he would be there for people to watch. IMO it was the perfect opportunity for a heel turn where he can't beat the Rock so he cheats, wins and beats the hell out of him. Going forward he keeps the hustle loyalty respect face thing going, and even fights like a face but his opponents keep reminding him that he had to resort to cheating once so none of this respect crap meant anything.

Then you could have him face someone he can't beat fairly again and struggle with the notion of cheating again. Which would give you a good opportunity to either turn him fully face by deciding not to or go full heel and cheat again.

/fanfic
>>
>>2638816
They should all be part-timers. All of them.
>>
>>2638825
All wrestlers? Then how do you keep Raw going?
>>
>>2638832
They have the monopoly on professional wrestlers. And this way none of them get stale or old. Bring in guys from NXT, bring in guys from Japan, or Mexico, and then ship them back out in a month.
>>
>>2637585
Who fucking cares? You E Drones will keep watching this shit company until it finally goes out of business next year hahahhahaha
>>
>>2638430
Cena.
Around 8 years ago he did an Interview where he shit on the Rock for selling out and becoming an actor. Rock and Cena had real beat between them for a few years after.

>fast forward
Cena is literally doing the exact same thing as Rock.
>>
>>2638844
Sounds like Rock got worked into a shoot.
>>
>>2638836
So no one gets the chance to build a connection with the fans? You're either an instant hit like Gallagher or you're done? It'll work for guys like Ziggler, Owen and Bray but not so much for guys like Miz, Reigns or Dean
>>
>>2638447

True, but that's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>2638851
Nobody is coming into the WWE a complete unknown anymore. You're known in NXT, you're known on the indies, you're known from Japan, people don't need hours and hours of build up.

If you establish a loser-go-home structure people will learn to care about these guys. What's one of Roman's biggest hurdles/problems? People anticipated he was going to overcome the odds for the next 10 years of WWE programming. But if you have these guys lose and have to go lick their wounds or build themselves back up, they don't get old. Guys like Ziggler don't have to carry around these unsalvageable relics of careers.
>>
>>2638866
Interesting point. But I feel this makes WWE depend on other companies to build stars which they use. Which means lesser control over a lot of stuff. Could work but I see a lot of logistical problems.
>>
>>2638439
Cena was in a mixed tag match in the middle of the card at Wrestlemania
>>
>>2638872
They're obsession with control is ridiculous and frankly near-sighted. They control their own narrative. They repacked Stunning Steve Austin into the biggest draw in wrestling history. Mean Mark into The Undertaker. Terra Ryzing into HHH.
>>
>>2638439
>>2638420
Jesus, all these people getting worked...
>>
>>2638843
cringe
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.