[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would crash TV booking help current WWE in any way, shape or form?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

Would crash TV booking help current WWE in any way, shape or form?
>>
No, but they do need to think outside the box a bit more. The current product is formulaic and stale.
>>
Reminder that Russo hasn't been a positive influence on any company since people were prepping for the millennium bug
>>
of course it would, because then people would have an actual reason to need to watch the shows. first off, the double double e is already doing half assed russo style storylines/ booking. its just shitty because only russo can do russo.
>>
Nothing can help WWE
>>
>>2636464
oh u mean wcw and tna?

what was positive for them during that same time frame. show me one other person that was.
>>
>>2636469
I like how you're not even bothering to try arguing that he wasn't a cancer.
>>
Of course it would. Crash TV means that you don't give the audience chance to switch the channel, they need to see what happens next.

Not only that but Russo would actually develop characters with angles/storylines other than "Let's have a match!"
>>
>>2636479
wcw and tna already had cancer. so because he couldnt recreate the magic of the attitude era in another company it means he was the cause of their problems?

nitro and thunder got better ratings when russo was writing than raw and smackdown get currently. aol time warner just wanted to get the stigma of atlanta/southern off their network. so they canceled rasslin and they stopped airing all the atlanta braves games.

tna has always been a complete disaster. but for a short period they did decently, thanks in part to russo.
>>
Because the show would actually be worth watching and stuff would happen. No reason to watch Raw at all now. I just fast forward through the Youtube clips
>>
>>2636492
>so because he couldnt recreate the magic of the attitude era in another company it means he was the cause of their problems?

That's not even remotely what I said, but it's clear you're not letting that get in the way of your tirades.
>>
>>2636500
Not the same guy but what did you said?

>Russo hasn't been a positive since he left WWF
And >>2636492 told you exactly why he was a positive.
Are you dumb? I get that you try to troll by repeating iwc bullshit but you could at least try to make some fucking sense.
>>
>>2636532
>what did you said

I love it how all of Russo's nuthuggers are as sub-literate as he is.
>>
Bring back "big ratings" Russo
>>
>>2636568
English is just not my native language but you getting triggered over that just proves that you're a lifeless nerd

>can't form an actual argument so he uses ad hominem instead
Yeah you really need to work on your trolling. Better luck next time pal
>>
>>2636985
But I get you nearly every day codemonkey

>getting triggered

What's the streetshitter for "YAWN"?
>>
>>2636990
LMAO YOU GOT BUTTBLASTED, STUPID OBESE LOSER
>>
>>2636464
Wasn't TNA's ratings the highest when he was working there? Obviously the same for WWE.
>>
>>2636454
Yes. Looking bk I enjoyed wrestling most when Russo was writing. My fav WWE and TNA era had Russo writing.
>>
>>2636485
It's amazing how many people will disagree with you simply because they don't want to admit they bought into Cornette's anti-Russo bullshit. Didn't this weeks RAW have THREE commercial breaks in ONE match? Who in their right mind would say "oh boy I better not change the channel, don't want to miss any of this great fake wrestling match!"?
>>
>>2637130
Yes, on occasions 2 million ppl were watching TNA impact when Russo was writing e.g. Feb 09 - Apr 09. Also helped to have awesome talent like Sting, Nash, Steiner, Booker, Angle, Foley, Team 3D, Jarrett etc.
>>
>>2636485
>>2637134
I agree with this 100%. WWE has done everything they can to distance themselves from the label of "pro wrestling", so if they are a "sports entertainment" company, why not be the best possible at it? They certainly don't appear to be trying. I don't 100% agree with everything Vinny Ru says but his wreslting philosphy is sound, he is an expert in sports entertainment too. If you actually peep his podcast its much less inane than the shitposters here make it out to be, he really does a good job of deconstructing the problems with modern WWE. Yeah i definitely i believe WWE would be better with Russo at the helm, he could create must see tv.
>>
It's amazing that people still buy into the "anti Russo" meme. I'm sure you can look up the viewership numbers and see how many more people watched in Russo's era.
>>
Reminder that Big Ratings Russo brought the ratings UP at WCW in his short time there and gave TNA their highest ratings ever with 2+ million viewers.

meanwhile WWE is slowly working their way down to 2 million without Russo's help.
>>
>>2637162
Most people just dislike him because they take Cornettes shtick and personal vandetta as the ultimate gospel. His writing philosophy is on the entertainment aspect and getting to the mass, casual audience (which is barely there anymore), not the hardcores who would just like to see serious rasslin' matches.
>>
>>2637237
It boggles my mind that a publicly traded company would rather cater to a smaller fraction of their fan base (smarks) and not the general audience.
>>
>>2637267
They straddle the line between the two and alienate both
>>
>>2637237

You must not have watched any TNA. His "writing philosophy" is dimes repellent and nearly killed that company more than once. He did truly kill any chance TNA had of being remotely mainstream or remotely serious competition to the WWE, however.

Russo is cancer. Anything he gets involved with dies unless they excise him quick enough.
>>
>>2636492

>tna has always been a complete disaster. but for a short period they did decently, thanks in part to russo.

But that's wrong though. The best TNA ever did was thanks solely to Angle vs Joe I. Russo's dumb ass managed to kill all the heat that feud had with too many rematches, wacky angles, and bullshit finishes. He also did his damnedest to neuter Angle as a main event draw, consistently using him for geeky comedy.

He ALSO utterly killed the Knockouts division after it reached its peak in Gail vs Kong.

He was nothing but a negative influence. He always comes along when ratings are good, and leaves or gets fired after he turned them to shit.
>>
>>2637159

>peep his podcast

Russo, plz go
>>
>>2637223

Those were only short term bumps, which were offset the huge drops in attendance and PPVs under his watch (when those were still major revenue sources).

Ratings for WCW were irrelevant since the same company that owned owned the channel so there was no rights fees to get.
>>
>>2637955
Everything dies baby that's a fact
>>
>Russo marks in /asp/
Just when I thought I've seen it all
>>
>>2637134
Yeah. Russo pumped out a lot of ideas -- good or bad -- but he also helped push the unpredictable style of wrestling booking which is what made it great: you didn't know what was coming -- but it STILL had an overarching plan, i.e. long-term booking.

Wrestling, now, is day-to-day story with seemingly on the spot booking which nothing long-term in thought. It's now, now, now.

I understand being unpredictable is about now, too, but it served a larger purpose.

Still, it's hard -- if not impossible -- to recreate what they had in the Attitude Era.
>>
They do need a change in format, and need a way another method than television to push themselves. I don't know what that might entail though, maybe offer an hour of programming streamed to youtube?
>>
>>2637968
Bullshit opinion not backed up with even a halfway decent argument
>>
>>2637968
Best TNA ever did was Angle vs. Joe?

55-60,000 - Bound For Glory 2006 - Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett

55-60,000 - Genesis 2006 - Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

You're half right.

In terms of TV ratings where TNA best year was 2011 followed by 2009 both when Russo was writing. Rating increased when RUsso joined Oct 2006 & decreased when he left Feb 2012.

Perceived good matches does not = peak of knockouts division. I bet Beautiful People did better ratings than Gail Kim/Fat Kong ever did.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
TNA IMPACT!/IMPACT Wrestling average yearly rating -

2005: 0.79
2006: 0.89 (Russo returns as head writer Oct 06)
2007: 1.04
2008: 1.06
2009: 1.14
2010: 1.06 (went down due to MNW part 2 experiment which was Hogan/Bischoff Idea)
2011: 1.17
2012: 1.01 (Russo leaves Feb 2012)
2013: 0.99
2014: 0.94
>>
the world changed too much. Everyone is a sjw faggot that gets offended at everything.

The obama years were a cancer culturally, endless superhero remakes, EDM, psychotic liberals trying to control how people think and act.

The 90's really were the GOAT era of everything.
Im hoping trump breaking into the whitehouse makes a cultural shift back to the in your face 90's.
But libtards seem too far gone.
>>
File: rating.jpg (51KB, 513x250px) Image search: [Google]
rating.jpg
51KB, 513x250px
>>
>>2636990
Are you 17 years old? Because you sound like one.

Get a life dude.
>>
>>2638142
>I'm ugly and unpopular: the post
>>
>>2638079
I think a hard truth is that what made the Attitude Era work in its time is just as outdated as what made the Rock 'n' Wrestling/Mania era outdated by the mid-90s. A complete paradigm shift is needed to make wrestling big again. What that would be I haven't a clue. The internet and the network are likely candidates to make it happen though.
>>
>>2638318
People nowadays think The Attitude Era worked because of what the WWF was doing in a vacuum. The Attitude Era was WWF and WCW competing, live, against each other on Monday nights, with backyard wrestling and ECW tape trading and PPVs also serving as supplementary shows and feeder systems.

You don't need bra and pantie matches and this shit...what made it work was the competition and the other big brand.
>>
>>2638335
This is why it's impossible to recreate it.

The competition created that organic reaction. Since WWE has zero competition, effectively, they aren't pushed to a creative boundary.
>>
>>2636492
>nitro and thunder got better ratings when russo was writing than raw and smackdown get currently
no fucking shit, wrestling was way more popular back then and WCW had decades of history behind it.
>>
>>2638339
Oh for sure, this business is dying 100%
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.