[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't American wrestling be more like Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

File: rekt.webm (3MB, 532x298px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.webm
3MB, 532x298px
Why can't American wrestling be more like Japan?
>>
Because they don't have Based Suzuki.

He's probably the stiffest worker in the entire country.
>>
Americans are stupid.
>>
>>2633478

Because they already have a concussion law suit against the WWE going?
>>
>>2633478
I like Suzuki a lot, but he really sucks at selling. For someone who works such a realistic style, it really takes me out of the match
>>
>>2633478
I like how ginger he was with the guy.
>>
>>2633478
Kana was trained by Yuki Ishikawa who made a career out of getting the shit kicked out of him like this, but a lot more violently. Now you know why Kana asked Suzuki to the do the same to her.
>>
>>2633478
fuck me...no wonder she went to NXT.

I think the answer is contained within your question. Nips have a weird thing about death. Notice how the crowds are so silent and not into it, and only give a minor pop for potentially career ending shit? They are waiting for someone to die in the ring, they are waiting for a Owen Hart moment. Then there will be 20K still little yellow dicks in the Tokyo dome. It's all they want.
>>
Cause wrestling is fake and these gooks don't seem to know that. Am I supposed to be impressed hit each other for real really hard? Most of these matches are just slapfests anyways.
>>
>>2633558
Misawa did straight up die in the ring.
>>
>>2633558
>Notice how the crowds are so silent and not into it, and only give a minor pop for potentially career ending shit?

Total bullshit.
>>
File: 3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>2633558
>Notice how the crowds are so silent and not into it, and only give a minor pop for potentially career ending shit?
>>
>>2633558
Liar.
>>
>>2633478
If Suzuki wasn't safe nobody would want to work with him. He could literally kill someone if he wanted to.
>>
>>2633617
He's one of the safest workers in Japan (which is ironic since he started out as a shoot style wrestler then became a mixed martial artist). Kana just wanted the same street cred her mentor/trainer had as a wrestler and booked Suzuki to beat the shit out of her.
>>
>>2633626
And it was her last sel-produced show in Japan. She told everybody she is retiring.
She made killing selling those tickets.
And then on camera in NXT during Takeover.
>>
>>2633478
Ryona at it's finest
>>
File: IMG_9139.png (92KB, 240x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9139.png
92KB, 240x313px
>mfw we introduced Japan to wrestling and they are better at it than we are
>>
File: riki.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
riki.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>>2633689

Based Rikidozan showed the Yankees how it is really done.
>>
File: xTiTnstCBvZ5CtJWYE.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
xTiTnstCBvZ5CtJWYE.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>2633478
What a utter trash.

>>2633626
>Getting 'street cred' for being beaten up like a whore in a fake fight
Is this the definition of autism? Fuck sake this is of the freaking spectrum

Again why does gooks won't go into MMA?
I know they suck but if they love getting beaten up then what's the difference.
>>
>>2633719
Because MMA is very different from pro wrestling you fucking moron. Being stiff with each other doesn't change that or mean they must automatically want to fight for real.
>>
>>2633719
They are into MMA big time, have you ever heard of this little thing called PRIDE?
>>
>>2633575
That's the way most Japanese wrestling crowds are,even in the golden age.
>>
>>2633534
He is basically Japanese Lesnar.

It's not going to bump every match.
>>
>>2633617
>>2633626
It's a big honor to fight him.

And he actually works super safe.
>>
File: goodone.jpg (19KB, 276x315px) Image search: [Google]
goodone.jpg
19KB, 276x315px
>>2633736
Yep and I know why it got bought by zuffa.
But why there are no legit japanese fighers in UFC nowadays?

>>2633732
Hey, I'll tell you a secret buddy. MMA is almost the same as wrestling.

And again I get being stiff in the ring but not beating the shit out of each other.

>b-but it creates a feeling of a real fight
>they are legit b-badasses
Why not real fighting then?
>>
File: Max_Payne.gif (194KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
Max_Payne.gif
194KB, 200x250px
>>2633478
>that guy smiling in the audience
>>
>>2633719
>Again why does gooks won't go into MMA?

Minoru Suzuki was an MMA fighter before MMA was a legitimate sport, you ignorant faggot.
>>
>>2633478
Those are some super loose ropes
>>
>>2633749
Japanese Lesnar? I don't think so. I don't think Lesnar has a Japanese equivalent right now. Suzuki isn't portrayed as an unstoppable athletic machine. He's just really intimidating. As for not bumping, it's not even his bumping. He just looks goofy when he starts taking his opponent's offense. He doesn't no-sell as much as he seems to forget to sell.
>>
>>2633478
When was this anyway
>>
File: 55544fx.jpg (5KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
55544fx.jpg
5KB, 260x194px
>>2634034
I just looked this up
So this guy fought in his own MMA federation which derived from fucking PRO WRESTLING
>before MMA was a legitimate sport
Yeah I'm sure those fight weren't legit
>vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
real MMA competition right there

Hahaha this is just pathetic
I'll loved to see this guy getting killed in Pride or even UFC.

PLEASE I'M BEGGING YA tell me why those gooks won't fight in a LEGIT MMA FEDERATION
>>
>>2633478
If watch anything other than the WWE you will that it can, my babby
>>
>>2633478
>people who think he was stiffing her
>punching the air next to her shoulder
>open hand slap finger slaps that barely graze her chin
>"kicks" that have no power behind them and only glancing contact

She never felt a thing you stupid marks.
>>
>beating up a woman
>doesn't sell for shit
>looks like a fat fuck

no wonder /asp/ loves him.
>>
>>2634146
You are legit getting worked.

If any of that was close to real she'd be dead. Look up Act vs Yoshiko to see the difference.
>>
>>2633689
You mean Mexico you fucking nu-njpw baby
>>
>>2634096
This poster is so fucking Based, holy shit.
>>
>>2633719
>>2633792
>>2634096
Ah, I forgot how wonderful /asp was.

Right up there with /v for worst board on 4chan.
>>
>>2634096
Minoru Suzuki beat Ken Shamrock, during his prime, twice.
>>
>caring about in-ring action
lol
>>
>>2634158
No I don't mean Mexico you obese greaseball.
>>
>>2634181
This, I watch WWE for hot men saying funny lines
>>
>>2634181
/asp in a nutshell right here.
>>
>>2633736
>They are into MMA big time, have you ever heard of this little thing called PRIDE?

and now Rizin
>>
>>2634155
Yoshiko did nothing wrong and she's now the Ace of Joshi wrestling
>>
>>2633478
Suzuki is actually pretty safe even for his stiff style of wrestling. Most of what you see in the WebM is actually controlled and if he actually went full sperg mode he would've blinded and retired Asuka like that how that one battlecow did
>>
File: Nash-Vegas-Clash-18-gifs001.gif (2MB, 241x182px) Image search: [Google]
Nash-Vegas-Clash-18-gifs001.gif
2MB, 241x182px
>>2634175
>beat Shamrock 2x
>then got his ass whooped by Rutten 2x
>PANCRASE
BELEE DAT BABYGURL

Ok so it's like this marks
Stop comparing this Suzuki guy to Lesnar and calling him a badass. He's not.
He's just a little bitch who couldn't make it in real combat sport so he had to go back to wrestling and do his little 'strong style' because in MMA he would get his ass whooped.
Same goes with Shibata whose MMA record should made him a jobber.

Ahhh you silly weebs
Please just say that you like gook wrestling because you think it's an anime and will be all fine and dandy.
Aaand stop saying that it's legit cuz that's just pathetic.
>>
Empress of Strong Style working so many fucking marks here.
>>
>>2634175
And?
If it was Frank, that'd be more impressive.
>>
Do you think Japanese smarks wish Japanese wrestling was more like WWE?
>>
>>2634359
They have DDT for that.
>>
Because Japan doesn't have weekly shows on top of dark matches and house shows.

If they worked that much on the road in Japan, they'd have more injuries and a higher wrestler turnover rate.
>>
>>2634321
>complaining about a wrestling character and how people react to the character
>>
>>2633567
If you need a 40 minute match for the crowd to give any sort of reaction then yes, they aren't into it.
>>
>>2634181
This. If you're watching """matches""" unironically, please take your own life.
>>
>>2635131

You're just digging a deeper hole.
>>
Sakuraba laughs at the anti-gook marks itt
>>
>>2633478
what a piece of shit
>>
>>2634096
>So this guy fought in his own MMA federation which derived from fucking PRO WRESTLING
lol look at this stupid fuck. He has no idea that MMA in Japan came directly from pro-wrestling. You know Pride? The biggest MMA promotion in the world that still hasn't been topped even by the UFC? Started by PROFESSIONAL WRESTLERS and people who worked in the pro-wrestling business. The very first MMA org in the entire world? Started by the first fucking TIGER MASK, a pro-wrestler, in the 80s.
>>
>>2635813
Pride is long dead
>>
>>2635834
Rizin is there to relive the glory of Pride
>>
>>2635837
Pride is still dead and Rizin is a shell of Pride

Japan is a fad based country and the MMA fad died almost 10 years ago. UFC tried to fill the vacuum in Japan and has become bigger then Pride in the US but even still PRIDE and MMA are really nothing in Japan for the last 5 years at least
>>
>>2635294
Hey tumblr, wrap your head around this one:
Asuka booked and called every spot of that match and requested she be stiffed like that.
>>
>>2635294
Aska got you good.
>>
>>2634553
Most of the bigger Japanese companies run lots of house shows. NJPW and Dragon Gate both run over 140 shows a year. What are you on about?
>>
>>2635834
And it STILL hasn't been topped in peak popularity. Pride, and MMA in general in Japan, came directly from shoot style pro-wrestling. Certain pro-wrestlers and fans wanted pro-wrestling to look more realistic and the natural end result was to simply make it realistic. Shooto? Pancrase? RINGS? Pride? DREAM? Rizin? All created by pro-wrestlers or people who worked in the business.

>>2635840
>Japan is a fad based country and the MMA fad died almost 10 years ago
Pride died because of mismanagement; not a lack of popularity. If the UFC died then we would see a similar nosedive for MMA in America.
>>
>>2635933
>I was only pretending to be a retard XD
>>
>>2633478
Not the same culture, Japan is nuts according to America except for the weeaboos
>>
>>2634321
>Why don't wrestlers fight for real
>Pancrase? What's that?
>>
>>2633478
Because Japanese wrestlers don't know how to sell.
>>
>>2633558
Asuka booked herself to be in that match.

>a Owen Hart

Dumb white trash outs himself as illiterate to nobody's surprise.

>>2633719
>a utter trash.

Nashmarks once again proving they're sub-literate maroons.
>>
>>2634553
Okada wrestled 149 matches last year.

Reigns wrestled 159.
>>
>Nashfag shading any wrestler for being an IRL pussy
>>
File: ddee5.jpg (32KB, 262x389px) Image search: [Google]
ddee5.jpg
32KB, 262x389px
>>2636083
Are you shoot retarded? You can't read?
The point was that it's NOT FUCKING LEGIT you dumb cuck. And if you think that most of the fight in those federation where shoots then you gotta be dumber then I thought.

>>2635813
>>2635881
I don't even know why I bother to reply to you since a) you didn't even read my other posts and b) THE POINT WENT OVER YOU HEAD DUMBASS

>Pride was the biggest MMA promotion and still hasn't been topped even by the UFC
Numbers buddy, I want to see those numbers. You want to tell me that they ever sold 1,650,000 PPV like UFC did? Pride sold out stadiums that's true but it was no where near as popular as UFC is right now.

Listen, I watched a lot of Pride and it was probably the most entertaining fed to watch but as far as other promotion... come on. Bingo halls or fixed fights.
But again I don't have a problem with federations. I have problem with lame gook fighters.
You talk about Pride then you talk about Shogun Rua, CroCop, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage.
That's my fucking point. Gooks are terrible fighters. And that's why there are no legit japanese fighters in UFC today.
So stop says that japs are shoot badasses and tell it like it is. They are weak as fuck. All your strong style wrestlers have no chance in a fight with legit MMA fighter

Also I perfectly know that jap MMA came out of pro wrestling.
And that's why I don't buy pro wrestler beating a pro martial artist. You gotta be delusional not to see that.

Pathetic little weebs...again just say that you watch puro resu like you watch your anime and we'll be cool.
>>
>>2636411
>shoot retarded
Smarks everybody.
>>
>>2636411
>shoot retarded?
this is the language of someone who watches Youtube shoots all day and has deluded himself into thinking he's an insider.
>>
>>2636411
>You want to tell me that they ever sold 1,650,000 PPV like UFC did?
lol they don't have PPV in Japan, you daffy fuck. Pride pulled in bigger attendance numbers despite being in a much smaller market.
>>
>>2636436
>>2636441
>being this new
Please lurk for at least a month.
>>
>>2633478
puroresu isn't aimed at little kids, that's why
>>
>>2636447
>damage control
Protip: Only newfags call people new
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.