[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The more I watch of Bret the more I come to believe he is, in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1823984982.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1823984982.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
The more I watch of Bret the more I come to believe he is, in fact, the GOAT.
>one of the best looks of all-time
>one of the best ring psychologists
>never injured anyone
>could work face and heel
And he got great matches out of fucking Nash.
>>
>>2632251
Hi Bret. Sorry Canacuck, but Shawn is better.
>>
>its a bretslime thread
>>
>dependable as fuck
>Would sell like crazy but always made it look real
>Would put over whoever he worked with, even if they were not in a position to return the favour like 123 kid, or had said they would not do the same for him like Shawn and Hulk
>Could work the boys
>Inventor of 5D chess before it even had a name.

Literal GOAT.
>>
>>2632251
Benoit was better.
>>
A motivated Nash was quite good, really. He had really good matches against Carder and HBGay too.
>>
Not the GOAT but the GOAT in many aspects. Top 5 all time, top 3 in ring. Over as fuck. Loved and respected the business and the fans. Great role model. Really the only knock was he was terrible on the mic but it sort of suited him and made him seem more of a down to earth Everyman.
>>
>>2632251
Bret the Shitman Fart, Charisma Vacuum Champion of the world. Locked in 6000 sharpshooters and NEVER DREW A DIME, EH

All that oil in his hair couldn't save him from a little love tap courtesy of GOATberg
>>
>>2632359
He wasn't even terrible on the mic. He could work the mic face and heel, just not nearly as well as Austin or The Rock. He is still miles better than 4/5 of today's roster.
>>
>>2632252
>>2632305
These, but third place isn't bad
>>
>>2632359
>>2632394
He was better as a heel, honestly. Hart Foundation was GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxCDDlSw9-A

>we'll never see something like this ever again
>>
COOLEST MOTHER FUCKERS ON THE PLANET DURING THE 90S POWER RANKINGS

Bret Hart
DX as a whole
nWo as a whole
Crow Sting
Stone Cold
Undertaker
Goldberg
The Rock
>>
He was so bland that his championship reign almost killed WWF. Both him and Shawn were poison.
>>
>>2632449
Wrestling as a whole was way down in America, quit spouting BS.
>>
>>2632449
t. someone who wasn't alive at the time

Bret Hart was one of the most popular characters on all of TV at the time. Wrestling was just in a slump as a whole after everyone got sick of HULKAMANIA BROTHER. That's why he went heel, WCW fans hated him and his shit. Once the nwo formed and the Monday Night Wars began, wrestling was the thing to watch every week.
>>
>>2632457
>>2632460
When WCW was on top WWF still had Bret and Shawn as their stars and they almost went out of business. WWF only survived because Bret left and Shawn followed him and let Austin take the top spot. This was in 1997/1998.
>>
>>2632251
has that been faceapp'd?
>>
>>2632251
>seeing about the King of Kings, the Game, HHH
>seething about Vince
>seething about HBK

Yeah, nah. Kys.
>>
>>2632251
>muh workrate

hit the weights, take a shower, have sex and get a clue
>>
>>2632462
Bret didn't fit the Attitude change they needed to make in order to compete with WCW. He was great in his time and the heel Hart Foundation was great. Ultimately what killed the WCW was the nWo, they turned it into a parody of itself by making the entire company into two factions, with stupid offshoots like the LWO. Hogan nearly killed the WWF with people getting sick of his Hulkamania shit, then literally killed WCW with his nWo ego. The finger poke of doom just cemented what a joke he is.
>>
>>2632489
You're wrong. Stop spouting this nonsense. No one believes that crap. Real wrestling fans were thrilled as hell the finger poke of doom happened and killed that cornball nwo wolfpac and reunited the band.
>>
>>2632489
>they turned it into a parody of itself by making the entire company into two factions,
that was actually kind of the point of the nWo - take over the company. That's why the tried running completely nWo PPVs. The Wolfpac, in concept wasn't bad, it was the execution.

fantasy retro booking: Sting should have clobbered Hogan in a quick power move 5-10 min match at Starrcade like Brock/Goldberg WM. The fallout from that is the nWo fractures, into nWo Hollywood and Wolfpack. And throughout 1998 you have feuding with Wolfpack/Hollywood. And you build Goldberg to crush the Wolfpack and Sting to crush Hollywood. So Starrcade 1999 comes Goldberg and Sting finally end nWo for good.
>>
>>2632498
Fuck off
>>
>>2632504
>it was the execution.

They built Sting up for 2 years as this mysterious renegade badass haunting the nWo, then when it finally came to his match with Hogan it was a complete dud. WCW in a nutshell is bad execution. They had so many cool characters and ideas that were just fucking ruined by poor execution.
>>
>>2632468
no but it should be. there has to be some fag here that's already part of the botnet that can do it
>>
>>2632431
>no Michael Jordan
>>
>>2632513
What do you expect to happen when you have to rely on guys from WCW needed to execute? Sting and Goldberg suck. They wasted all their time on Sting and Goldberg hype build up and they couldn't deliver because one never did, and the other was a mark learning the business on the fly and still hasn't learned a damn thing.

The only WCW guy who could pull off a decent match vs the nWo was DDP. Everyone else flopped hard, so they had to fight each other to keep things interesting.
>>
>>2632431

>no Will Smith
>>
I always imagine he must be pretty good considering he was the only person to get a good match out of Tom mcgee
>>
>>2632449
single-handedly rescured the WWF on three (3) separate occassions, and kickstarted the Attitude era.
>>
File: 19920829_bhart_bulldog[1].jpg (70KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
19920829_bhart_bulldog[1].jpg
70KB, 900x506px
This match is the epitome of why Bret is the GOAT. He asked Vince for this match and Vince gave him full control over it, even telling him to not let him know who wins. Bulldog was smoking crack with Neidhart a week before the match and forgot all of his spots and all Bret told him was, 'just listen to me and I'll carry you.' He carried Bulldog to a great match on the fly, even playing a semi-heel in foreign territory and dropped the title to him.
>>
Bret saved the WWE when times were down. Scott Hall talked so much shit about Bret not asking for more money but that Kliq money greedy faggot didn't care about the company when times were tough. Bret did, he was a team player and leader.

Bret will always be GOAT
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.