[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE's ECW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: Still Standing Here.png (184KB, 531x217px) Image search: [Google]
Still Standing Here.png
184KB, 531x217px
What went wrong? Why did it suck? Was it possible to fix it, and how? Did anything good come out of it?
>>
>>2627878
Calling it ECW and trying to emulate it early on were it's only mistakes, it was a comfy show in it's later years, Kofi and Shelton had a great feud, cocky Swagger was best Swagger, Matt Hardy was a main eventer, good times.
>>
>>2627878
Friendly reminder Benoit killed himself so he wouldn't have to work on this show

Anyway

>Tiny roster full of B and C-listers
>few if any eye-popping spots or gimmick matches
>What few angles they had were often aborted
>Never brought back the fucking Zombie
>>
>>2627878
CM Punk
>>
>>2627907
Just like the last few months of NXT Redemption when it was just a normal show one of the comfiest shows WWE ever produced
>>
When it became the Peep Show with William Regal
>>
Vince basically just wanted to remind Paul Heyman that he won, and he could do whatever he wanted to his product. That's basically all their is to it.
>>
it was fucking god tier in its last years after cuck man punk finall fucked off. also had the best title run in recent (decade) wwe history. 18+
>>
>>2627878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cta_F5ElU6U
>>
I remember when I first got into wrestling I'd see ads for this and I'd be like for real? 2 hours of Raw, 2 hours of Smackdown, an hour of Superstars, 3 hours of PPV a month, and another 2 hours of ECW, every week. Ridiculous.

And I still think 5 hours of wrestling is unnecessary, they need to consolidate, they don't have enough great talent or storylines to make it worthwhile to the viewer (only to the advertisers)
>>
I liked Kurt Angle's brief run when he was wearing a mouth guard and quickly squashing guys and acting all super intense and badass.
>>
>>2628193
Wasn't ECW just an hour? So today it's 3 hours of Raw, 2 hours of SD, and 6 hours of PPVs a month. That's not including NXT or any network stuff.

Truth be told WWE can't consoloidate because the Network forces them to have as much content to justify a $10 a month pricetag.
>>
I didn't have any bad memories of ECW, desu. I enjoyed it, but I also didn't watch the original ECW either, so I'm a little lost on the hate.

I also really like the theme.
>>
I actually really liked ECW towards the end of its run, when you had Christian as champ and guys like Zack Ryder, Big Zeke, William Regal, Yoshi Tatsu, Goldust, etc all challenging him for the belt. It was really comfy stuff. I still think Christian should have gone down as the last champion though
>>
>>2627907
This. I was sad when it got cancelled because it was actually a good comfy wrestling show.
>>
WWECW was a okay as the C-Brand (after SmackDown) in the last couple years.

People expected too much, it was a developmental show and never suppose to rival RAW or SmackDown.
>>
>>2628573
Christan vs Regal was great feud at the end.
>>
>>2627878
>what went wrong?

Nothing even had to go wrong. It could have been the greatest of the 3 or 10 shows they were running at the time, but the fact that it was labeled as ECW when it was not even close to the original ECW was a turn off. They should have named this third show something else.

If they insisted on having it be called ECW then they should have given the show to Paul and had the old ECW fags come back and train a new breed of ECW type guys. Of course I doubt they would want a non-pg show anyways so no matter what this shit was destined to fail
>>
>>2628014
>cm puke so shit that benoit would rather kill himself than work with him
>>
>What went wrong? Why did it suck?

>WWE's

>>2628185
abandonment issues
>>
>>2628209
Raw 3 hours
SD 2 hours
NXT 1 hour
205 Live 1 hour
Post-show talk shows 1 hour

Hope you have 8 hours a week to throw away at wrestling, bruv.
>>
>>2628818

UK show incoming...

Yeah, the WWE has probably already started to cannibalize its own program. PPVs frequently lead to reduced ratings for RAW, because peole just don't have the time to watch 3+ hours of WWE program 3 days in a row.
>>
>>2627878
Beeg's title run was based
>>
>>2628606
>If they insisted on having it be called ECW then they should have given the show to Paul and had the old ECW fags come back and train a new breed of ECW type guys

Is exactly how WWECW started and what Paul was trying to do until Vince vetoed his idea to put Punk over at December to Dismember in favour of Lashley (even Show holding the belt at the time thought putting over Punk was the better idea), including having Punk instead be eliminated first from the EC match (the original idea was for Punk to immediately force Show to tap out at the start)
Paul copped all the flak for how bad that PPV was and left because he didn't see any hope for it.
>>
>>2628818
UK and women's shows will be around soon too
>>
>>2628014
Real shame because Benoit might have been able to bring some credibility but instead the belt became a joke once Nitro got his hands on it
>>
>>2628827
>Women's show
Isn't it just a one-and-done tourney?
>>
>>2628829
No. There are plans to have a one hour show
>>
>>2628832

Not sure about the women though. They probably want to test the waters with that one. Honestly atm it would make more sense to send them to NXT. Since the Bayley left they only have Asuka to hold that division up.
>>
I watched it from the beginning all the way up until May of '09. Then I gave up on wrestling, period. ECW was good at first, focusing a lot more on the wrestling rather than the entertainment shtick common on RAW and SD. Particularly in 07 it was comfy af to watch because the wrestling was bretty gud. Then around 08 it got lame, especially when they introduced that horrendous new ECW title. Apparently it got better near the end of its run, particularly with Christian as the champ, but like I said, I had stopped watching at that point.
>>
when the fuck are they uploading this shit to the network? I know they got a couple of the last episodes on youtube but that's not much.
>>
>>2628828
Johnny Mundo was a great ECW SyFy Champ
>>
I knew something was wrong from the beginning of the very first episode when The Zombie came out.

That said, it did have it's highlights. Christian and Test did some of their best work there. I even enjoyed the presentation of Kevin Thorne and Ariel's big tits. Bobcore Holly even had some good stuff. Watching Punk come into the big leagues was fun. It was delightfully weird. I mean, you had Kurt Angle Vs. fucking Justin Credible for an episode. I enjoy those kind of things. And it was nice that some ECW originals got to enjoy more exposure and money in the twilight of their careers.

But it really wasn't "ECW."
>>
>>2629160

Ric Flair having a bloodbath hardcore match with Big Show for the ECW title is one of the more surreal things I've seen in wrestling.
>>
>the state of these e-babbys calling a boring formulaic Raw and SD type of show comfy
jesus christ. how does vince mcmahons semen taste like?
>>
The real question is where can you stream it?
>>
>>2629174
Nobody is saying it was great or anything, just that it was an easier/better watch than the other two brands at the time, chill the fuck out with cramming anti-WWE shit into every topic, bud.
>>
>>2629209
2009 Smackdown was pretty good and late-2008 RAW was fun
>>
>>2628839
Woman's show will be good if they treat it like joshi shit and include a smaller ring. Unify the two Women's titles and more or less make the new show girls version of 205Live. Women's Title floats, NXT Title is rename and floats between new show and NXT, and add a woman's tag title.

I just don't know when or where they'd film it.
>>
>>2629257
That sounds absolutely terrible, especially with their incredibly thin roster with even less actual talent, they need to get back to their roots and get outspoken women to be valets/managers
>>
>>2629257

I'm pretty sure they won't take the existing titles and put it into that show.
>>
>>2629174
>how does vince mcmahons semen taste like?

Quit skipping your English classes.
>>
>>2629264
I just want it so we don't get the women eating up 45 minutes of RAM and 35 minutes of Smack each week.

Is rather watch undercard people like Gay Cops, Harper, and Bo.
>>
>>2629174
>The state of Poo Japan shills having to critique a show that hasn't aired in 7 years
That's just pathetic
>>
>>2629278
>women ever getting that much time

doubtful
>>
>>2629306
Time it some time.

1-2 matches per show, oftentimes an in ring segment as well. Smack was dreadful when the Nattie/Nikki Becky/Bliss, and weekly Carmella segments were running.
>>
>>2629186
Does no one know where wwe ecw can be streamed from???
>>
RVD got busted for weed and they stopped having Kelly Kelly strip

Those 2 things were the only reason anyone ever watched
>>
>>2629379
>2 WWE TV matches
>even close to 35 minutes
>>
No memeing, I actually like it in ~2006/2007, it absolutely sucked in the end though.
>>
>>2627878
>what went wrong

Kevin Dunn
>>
>>2629160
The Zombie was making fun of the fact the SyFy people wanted Sci Fi characters
>>
>>2627878
not keeping ecw rules

no dqs and any major brawl resulting in the bell being rung for a match makes for a more interesting show overall
>>
>>2628818
and almost all of of it nigh unwatchable. what an age to be alive
>>
File: Big O.gif (831KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
Big O.gif
831KB, 220x165px
>>2629630
>it absolutely sucked in the end though.

>He didn't spin his towel for based Ricky Ortiz
>>
Late ECW is something I enjoyed a lot idk why. Maybe cause it was only an hour and guys like Mark Henry/Christian got to shine. It sure is depressing that Ezekiel Jackson will forever be recognized as the final ECW Champion though. At least Jericho being the last WCW Champion had a WCW guy hold it.
>>
>>2629469
Womens matches frequently go through a break. The average Smack probably comes out to 1:20. No, it does not happen weekly. Yet it does happen on both shows, and sometimes the women eat up 30%+ of the airtime.
>>
>>2629169
Agree. That's another diamond in the WWECW rough.

>>2629675
I remember hearing that Sci Fi forced them to do that crap.
>>
File: christianecw.jpg (23KB, 304x385px) Image search: [Google]
christianecw.jpg
23KB, 304x385px
Christian had a great title run too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNXyVlc1JuU

DON'T QUESTION MY HEART
>>
New Breed vs Originals was a great feud. Wish their mania match got the time it deserved.
>>
>>2629732
Christian and Matt Hardy were both excellent.
>>
>>2627878
No weapons, no blood, no extreme, and no Sabu.
>>
Would you want to see it come back with the current roster?
>>
>>2630862
It'd be a good place for Joe
>>
>>2630862
>>2630879
It would be a good place for so much people, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, etc.

They even could have Cesaro as the ECW World Champion for a while so the people can say that Cesaro was world champion at least 1 time
>>
>>2630899
People who care about Cesaro enough to want him to be World Champion are the same people who know that doesn't really count.
>>
>>2627878
because there was literally nothing extreme about it
>>
>>2627878
Benoit's double murder suicide.. thats what went wrong
>>
>>2628818
Yea, but let's be real a third of that is reserved for commercials and by watching at 1.3 speed, you can get through all of that plus impact and new japan in an afternoon.
>>
I don't understand the hate for the Phoenix belt - at least it gave each brand a distinctive World title and it differentiated the modern ECW champions from the historic ECW champions.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.