[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Nexus.png (24KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Nexus.png
24KB, 1200x1200px
>Heath Slater is the most successful member of the Nexus AND the only one still wrestling for WWE
>>
Wrong.
>>
>>2627541
they got CENA'D hard
>>
>>2627541

The most successful member of the Nexus still is Cena.
>>
>>2627541
>One is a 15 time world champion
>One is a tenured commentator
>One is the new face of fear and former WHC
>Heath "jobber to the jobbers" Slater is the most successful
>>
>>2627541
They all complimented each other well but couldn't solo for shit. Sound familiar?

It's too bad Cena became guilty about this because of marks like Jericho and Edge telling him it was selfish. It was necessary.
>>
>>2627541
The biggest victim of Cena's burial ever. Never forget that Wade was literately buried with chairs. He had charisma, the look, great promo, and everything a top star needs in the ring, but WWE fed him to Cena instead of building new stars and now look at the ratings.
>>
Arguably the shittiest faction of all time.
>>
>>2627544
Husky wasn't OG season 1 Nexus.
>>
>>2627604
Barett couldn't stop getting injured and his promos started to grow stale like the "I need thjs job!" gimmick and was thrown to into that one jobber midcard stable to remain relevant but even then failed to get pops but hey if you don't believe me look at where he's at right now
>>
>>2627541
Isn't Darren Young still around?
>>
>>2627622
he died you edgy asshole
>>
>>2627541
Nothing
>>
>>2627541
Cena literally buried the entire group.
>>
It's documented that Cena purposefully put his fist down on Nexus losing at SummerSlam 2010, as told by Chris Jericho. Now, I didn't particularly think any one of them had the ability to be some type of megastar, but a few, like Heath and Wade and obviously Ryback (before he became an incredibly whiny, delusional manchild) had the abilities to be main eventers or even world champions. Daniel Bryan, if you count him for being in for one night, ironically being kicked out of Nexus immediately might've been the best thing to happen to his WWE career, because Nexus absolutely bombed due to bad booking and the loss at SummerSlam.

Oh, and having Cena get "fired" because he didn't hand Barrett the world title against Orton, just to pop up at random during various points of the show and be "re-hired" a few weeks later. The booking made you feel like an idiot for investing, on top of everything else.

Had Punk's pipe bomb promo and eventual rise to superstardom from it never happened, he may have turned the Nexus into a relatively successful faction. Hell, they could've been Bullet Club before it existed and have been completely rogue. But, that never happened.
>>
>>2627622
he's out on IR

looking at the original Nexus:

Wade Barrett - gone
Daniel Bryan (only a member for one day) - active WWE, non-wrestler
Darren Young - inactive WWE
Heath Slater - active WWE wrestler
David Otunga - active WWE, non-wrestler
Skip Sheffield - gone
Michael Tarver - gone
Justin Gabriel - gone

its pretty pathetic. if you throw DB out then Slater really is the most successful of the bunch
>>
>>2627618
When did he get injured? Just near the end of his run?At that point it was clear the WWE had already dropped the ball with him, which is my entire fucking point, yeah he's gone, but so are nearly a million viewers from when the Nexus was formed. They lost a chance to establish a star based on the fact that the company was The Cena 24/7 Show and really was until Punk really.

>>2627638
>You now remember Cena taking a DDT on concrete, supermanning, and still winning clean again

Also anyone remember how the Nexus attacked the Undertaker but they never explained it or did anything with it?
>>
>>2627545
This.

But at least even Cena himself recognizes that it was a mistake on his part.
>>
>>2627659
>million viewers from when the Nexus was formed

Oh Anon.
>>
>>2627679
Am I lying kid?
>>
>>2627659
Shit, I did forget about that. Getting reminded of things like that really helps point out the differences between Cena's "superman" role and Reigns' "superman" role. Reigns just get shoved down everyone's throats with often questionable booking and rare feats of strength to show for it, while Cena just always pulled off the illogically superhuman forcing him to be booked that way to begin with.

But that's a different story. Cena was the biggest reason for the Nexus' failure, in my eyes. It would've helped if they all were allowed to show more character though, in their own way. The best way to counteract typical WWE booking for a rogue individual or group is to allow the talent to not be booked in typical WWE fashion at all. They'll never understand this though, most likely.
>>
>>2627681
That and off your meds
>>
>>2627688
Oh ok
http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2010-ratings/
http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/2017-tv-ratings/

>2010
>3.28 average
>2017
>2.22 average
>>
BABEY!
>>
>>2627683
I think that part of the reason for Roman's pushback is Cena. Cena's over with the smarks now but he was hated as you can get back then. I think I've probably forgotten specifically about a dozen DDT on the floor esque incidents but the actual feeling of them are still embedded when I think of that era of WWE.
>>
Wasn't Husky part of nexus
>>
File: db.jpg (304KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
db.jpg
304KB, 1284x722px
>>2627541
>Heath Slater is the most successful member of the Nexus
>>
>>2627711
>comparing le angsty cm punk breaking the 4th wall to "you see seff"

There's a difference there Anon but don't say it was because of the Nexxus that solely raised ratings
>>
>>2627541
I would've booked it with:

>Nexus beats team WWE at Summerslam, this forces Cena to join them
>Orton wins the title at Night of Champions
>Orton vs Wade at Hell in a Cell with Cena as referee
>Cena gets knocked out, and Orton RKOs a distracted Wade to retain the title
>The Miz cashes in
>Cena is fired
>Bragging Rights Triple Threat between Miz, Orton, and Wade
>Wade wins clean
>next night on raw
>Orton vs Miz #1 contender match
>Miz is distracted by a ringside Sheamus and loses
>Wade vs Orton at Survivor Series
>Miz vs Sheamus
>Wade wins clean
>Miz wins clean
>next night on Raw
>The Miz gets a deal
>He fights Wade at TLC, but if he wins John Cena comes back
>Wade starts boasting about how the Nexus will interfere
>come TLC Cena comes back and starts picking off all the members
>The Miz beats Wade clean
>Wade is fired from Nexus
>CM Punk takes control of Nexus
>Miz beats Orton at the Royal Rumble
>Wrestlemania card has:
>Miz vs Cena (with a decent buildup)
>Punk vs Wade, if Wade wins he gets the Nexus back, if Punk wins he gets Wade's rematch clause
>Punk replaces John Morison at Extreme Rules

I like the way they start off strong and respectable, but eventually fizzle out into singles careers. I'd honestly keep all the Nexus guys around, and have them do a civil war angle until around Summerslam where they disband completely.
>>
Did you forget that Bray Wyatt, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk were all Nexus members shit even the gay guy has had a more successful career
>>
>>2627659
>Also anyone remember how the Nexus attacked the Undertaker but they never explained it or did anything with it?
"it's awl part of a biggah pichah!"
>>
>>2627618
Barrett was injury free for his first 2 years and let's not pretend he was any more injury-prone than the likes of Edge, Orton, Batista...

>>2627638
>it's Punk's fault The Nexus didn't amount to shit

It's not Punk's fault. And it's not your fault either, son.
>>
>>2627588
>being this wrong

>>2627670
You ever heard that expression "better to ask forgiveness then beg permission"?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.