[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who did the MMA gimmick better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: punk-jarrett.jpg (103KB, 772x576px) Image search: [Google]
punk-jarrett.jpg
103KB, 772x576px
Who did the MMA gimmick better?
>>
I don't remember JJ being reduced to tears from a savage beating live on PPV, so i'm gonna say JJ.
>>
>>
>>2623646
matt riddle
>>
File: a92c25b371sylvesterterkay[1].jpg (48KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
a92c25b371sylvesterterkay[1].jpg
48KB, 600x900px
>>
Jarrett's MMA gimmick was one of TNA's finest moments.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 300x450px
>>
>>2624943
Fucking THIS.
>>
>>2624943
based Kyle
>>
>>2624927
Fighting tin cans for the TNA of MMA doesn't make you good.
>>
>>2624975
what does that have to do with a pro wrestling gimmick?
>>
File: IMG_1494.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1494.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
They each had awesome theme songs too and were both squandered in WWE due to their age I guess
>>
>>2624975

He doesn't understand what UFC is... omegalul
>>
>no BRRROCK LESNARRR
the only correct answer
>>
>>2624999
Lashley has nothing to do with UFC.
>>
>>2625003

He still doesn't understand what UFC is
>>
>>2625012
An MMA federation.
>>
>>2624975
>TNA of MMA
This is actually very accurate
>>
>>2625002
Brock isn't pretending though
>>
>>2623646
Punk drew dimes so he's winning right now. It could be a fluke however so we need to see him give it another go.
>>
File: fuck archie.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
fuck archie.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>2624943
MMArchie is the GOAT MMA gimmick.
>>
JJ tapped out children. Punk got tapped out like a child.
>>
>>2625028
>Wanderlei Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
>Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione
>in 2017
>only $49.95

Honestly, TNA didn't fuck up THAT much.
>>
>>2623646
Taz. He got people actually thinking he was legit tough guy even though he is a midget. RVD had to open peoples eyes and put the little guy in his place
>>
>>2623671

Funny that this isnt even remotely exaggerated. This man literally cried in the press conference after his beating
>>
>>2625598
micky is also like half his age
>>
Who would win - Dan Severn in his prime or Brock Lesnar?
>>
>>2623646
Double J made it whimsical and comical. Punk made it interesting yet depressing the same way a burning car crash is
>>
File: cm just.png (574KB, 641x521px) Image search: [Google]
cm just.png
574KB, 641x521px
>>2626214
His eye's weren't just glassy from the pummeling.
>>
>>2624995
neither had charisma

Shamrock was pushed hard but you can only go so far
>>
>>2625588
i miss him, bros :'(
>>
Honestly, I know it's easy to laugh at Punk but can we just for a minute realize how much this probably fucked up his psyche? For years, decades perhaps, he thought he was a legit tough guy, someone that could fight and handle himself in situations mostly due to believing his own gimmick.

He finally has a chance to prove it to himself, and throughout the process he takes himself super seriously. He would parrot lines like "I'm going to punch him in the face" like a wrestling promo, at the weigh in he refuses to shake his opponents hand and makes an utter ass of himself in the process because he feels like he's such a tough guy. All in all he didn't even get a punch in and was utterly manhandled.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to fight all the fucking time and never lost a single one. Eventually I got tasered and lost my first fight and in a lot of ways shaped my personality in the future (far more humble, less cocky and less hotheaded).
>>
File: cmcuck.webm (2MB, 520x292px) Image search: [Google]
cmcuck.webm
2MB, 520x292px
>>2627910
>don't trip over your feet
>keep scuttling
>alright time to put fist to face, better make this one couOOAHHHHHHH
>shit he moved
>ok CM Punk keep calm, remember your jiu jisOOAAHHIIIEEEEE
>fuck, he's hitting me really hard
>maybe if I give up my back
>oh no
>oh no
>>
>>2627910
Punk got what he deserved for being so far up his own ass. I'd happily pay to watch him get his ass beat a couple more times.
>>
>>2627910
Hi Goldberg
>>
>>2627933
>ok cm you got this just elevate yourself over him by pushing yourself off the cage with your feet
>>
>>2627910
Punk got what he deserved and a much needed ego check.
>>
>>2627910
I wonder if Punk will have any more fights in the future, I mean, Brock lost his first UFC match (Not first match overall, but first for the UFC as a fed)
So it would be interesting to see what happens down the line.

That said, Brock has the look of a legit tough guy and he could have come back to WWE with no MMA wins and still be pushed as hard.
Punk really doesn't have his looks to rely on, he'd have to cut a hell of a promo to regain credibility, although no doubt he'd go back to harping on about being the best WRESTLER and skip around the MMA bit.
>>
>>2628807

The difference with Brock is he'd been a legit athlete his entire life and had god tier wrestling to build his skillset around. Punk is nearly 40 and has absolutely no background in anything. I don't shit on Punk for trying but he was a shitty athlete by pro wrestling standards, never mind UFC.
>>
>>2624995
Shamrock was a part of the austin hart double turn match...
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.