[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money would you need to start your own Wrestling Company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: turner.jpg (196KB, 975x1200px) Image search: [Google]
turner.jpg
196KB, 975x1200px
Seriously, how much would it take and how long would it take to put Vince out of business? Would you want to? Is it possible?
>>
>>2622993
Few houndred million dollars. Enough to sign top guys that work in WWE/TNA/NJPW, secure a TV deal, cover production costs of running a live show every week and house shows all over the US and rest of the world.
>>
>>2623001
Well I know what I'm going to do with my millions
>>
>>2622993
Probably not as much as you'd think.
Buy a warehouse, or suitable stadium. Attract some guys who know what they're doing. Get in touch with local schools and stuff, and offer jobs to some newbies. Get a website, and let people watch your (ad ladled) show for free on the internet, but also let people attend in person. Make friends with some TV executives, and try and get your show to be broadcasted locally - do lots of local advertising and charity events. Hold one show a regular week, with a special event/PPV every 3 months. Let people pay to get a spot on your show (lots of reddit tier LARPers would do it) and train them yourself, let people pay for an instant interview. Start growing and expanding your television range until you're a noteworthy regional brand.

It would only take a few thousand dollars to start and indie company. But you get what you pay for in terms of marketing. You need to build a brand if you want to get anywhere. In terms of competing with WWE, you'd need tens of millions, and the ability to attract some known names and draws.

It's a bit hard to find a niche, however. Disgustingly violent shows are CZW, indie darlings are NXT, boring vanilla wrestlers are RoH, classic "white trash" wrestling is TNA, and jack of all trades is WWE. You'd have to find what kind of promotion you'd want to be, and figure out how to cater to that audience. I suggest having a wackey ultra-kayfabe style promotion where Bray tier magic is the norm. Having that kind of cheap humor, but still retaining a meaningful story should probably attract both smarks and normies.

But I really cannot understate how important marketing is, you want to be known as one of the local attractions, not that creepy abandoned warehouse with the badlighting. Where people feel like they'll get raped and mugged. Although that eery feeling might work too, give it like an underground fightclub kind of feel. It'd be popular locally, but would suck at scaling into a larger business.
>>
>>2623490
>wacky ulta-kayfabe
sup Mike Quackenbush
>>
>>2622993
have funds and align yourself with NJPW / CMLL / NWA
>>
>>2623496
Who?
>>
>>2623497
>Even WhatCulture managed to cut a deal with New Japan for their World Cup thingie
Either WhatCulture has MUCH more money than I thought or Kidani is astoundingly receptive to interpromotion deals.
>>
>The Monday Night Wars Era will never be replicated in all of it's glory

I WANNA FUCKING DIE!! I'VE NEVER BEEN AS HAPPY SINCE!! MAKE IT FUCKING COME BACK!!! I WANNA BE A KID AGAIN!! I FUCKING HATE THIS TIME PERIOD!!
>>
i dont run a fed but work in events, I'm assuming this would be something similar if you are starting from the ground up

- Creating an LLC - $200+ depending on if you get a lawyer or go on Legal Zoom
- Ring Rental and setup - $250+++
- Venue Rental - Rec Centers/VFWS can be like $150 but if you get into bigger venues like event centers can be ~$1k/night
- Security - $15/hr if you don't have your own people doing it
- Event Insurance - I've seen people able to use their home owners insurance for like $75/event, but there are other event only insurances
- Some states require a Dr. to be on hand - $300/day
- Talent - I'm assuming most local indie wrestlers start at about $25/match and then you get washed up WWE-rs or big indie guys for $500/event + travel.
- Advertising per event - ~$200, posters, poster design, online ads.

I'm probably missing more but there is a starting point.
>>
>>2623514
It's over, boyo
>>
>>2622993
Enough money to lure WWE stars away with double the money and half the work load. Just like WCW did.

Then just maintain an interesting show around them. Only thing that stopped WCW was the merger fucking up Turner Sports. WWE would have collapsed under it's own shit pile if that never happened.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.