[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling podcast/radio thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

File: podcasts.png (2MB, 1596x2364px) Image search: [Google]
podcasts.png
2MB, 1596x2364px
Wrestling podcast/radio thread
>>
>>2621971
E&C is Above God Tier
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 500x500px
>"successful in one place ever" Russo anything above shit tier

WEW boy
>>
>>2621971
>he thinks shitstain's podcast is god tier
>>
It's been almost 2 years since I stopped listening to podcast, gotta give them another try. I remember the Stone Cold ones to be super comfy
>>
>>2621977
>>2621978

>being so much of a mark that you cant even listen to russo to laugh at and occasionally agree with him
>>
Lapsed Fan is GOAT
>>
>no Something to Wrestle with.

Shit list is shit.
>>
>>2621971
My favs
- Keepin it 100 with Konnan.
- Vince Russo's Lions, Tiger, Bears & Disco
>>
The worst one is Clobbercast. Literal SJW smarks jerking off over Omega for 3 hourse.
>>
>>2621991
Prichard's show is overrated. Schiavone show is decent but bit disappointing especially the topics. Listened to MSL & Sullivan for years but stopped cause they're just on repeat now.
>>
I used to hate Russo until I started listening to him. He's entertaining as a personality in all honesty. I do agree with him on somethings about wrestling too, like how some people take it waaaay too seriously.
>>
>>2621990
Lasped fan sucks. Are they the fuckers who do 5 hour podcasts? & the best bit is when Meltzer comes on for 15 minutes. Remember skipping through it to find Dave's part once. They have no credentials.
>>
>high tier
>jim cornette
lol no
>>
>>2621997
Who? why would you listen to nobodies?
>>
>>2622016

I think listening to nobodies is acceptable when its a 60 year old autistic man who dedicated 40 years of his life to obsessing about wrestling.
>>
>>2622016
Some guy I met at a SD taping recommended it to me
>>
>>2622037
You regret it? a Kenny Omega smark jerkfest sounds excruciating
>>
>>2621996

How the fuck do you listen to Konnan's shitshow? Besides his run in Mexico, he fills it with people who never made anything of themselves, and his runs in WWF/WCW were utter garbage. The segments where Juvi critiques music is the definition of cringe.

I really can only see Mexicans listening to it.
>>
>>2622046
One of them is literally fucking "non binary" and they refuse to pay for the network because the Mcmahons donated to Trump
>>
>>2621973

I loved their show on the Network, but I dropped the podcast.

It's just another boring ass interview show where the guests tell the same fucking stories they've told a thousand times. The Tommy Dreamer segment is the only saving grace, in my opinion.
>>
>>2622070

That's almost sounds like a parody
>>
>>2621982
>Ever agreeing with Russo
What's it like having brain damage?
>>
>>2622134

What's it like having autism?

I don't care about all the other crap he says, even an idiot can have a point some times.
>>
>>2622007
hey meltzer, hows that newsletter on a fake sport working out?
>>
todd martin/wade keller is the best show every week
>>
>>2621982
I unironically can't listen to him because his voice is a caricature of a real person's voice.
>>
>>2622235

miserable irrelevant marks with horrible audio quality enjoyed by middle aged bald men that cant take a flattering picture of themselves if they were paid to

>>2622236

Yeah but I die laughing at his dumb over the top new yorker way of speaking all the time
>>
>>2621971
Taz, JRs, Austin's, and Cornette is what I listen to. Been thinking of picking up Russo's though.
>>
The best show is Filthy 4 Daily. Tom is based.
>>
>>2621971
>ctrl+F
>no talk is jericho
it's like you don't even know all the places you can do ddp yoga in
>>
>>2621990
WHAT ARE THEIR CREDENTIALS?
>>
>>2622755
It's comfy but his sense of humor is pretty shit and he asks softball questions
>>
>>2621971
I listen to Austin's (when he talks about wrestling although Wade Keller is awful) and the Attitude Era podcast. I also prefer F4D over WOL because I find Meltz really boring, and Bryan and Tom now review Total Divas which is hilarious.
>>
>>2622810
You're right on both accounts, but he knows when to let his guests go off on some shit (like Teddy Hart talking about almost getting molested to get his GED to work for WWE) and all the Talk'n Shop episodes are based.
>>
>Vince Russo's podcast

Dunno how anyone can stand listening to him bro, when I see his name show up on anyone else's podcast bro I have to give that one a miss bro, his voice is grating bro and so's how often he says bro, bro.
>>
Good choice, OP.
Basically any show that is hosted by actual people have been involved in the business is worth a listen - not mark shit jerking off over no dimes flippy Japanese rubbish
>>
File: colt.png (274KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
colt.png
274KB, 600x381px
>>
>>2622063
It's topical, diverse and entertaining. There's Worked shoots to legit heat to trolling. Wrestling/sport/politics/pop culture talk. Disco's take on the business is on the money. WTF are you talking about? they have like 3 different guests on every week from Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Jeremy Borash, Mark Madden, Dave Meltzer, Jeff Jarrett, Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Bobby Lashley, Teddy Hart, Bruce Prichard, Cody Rhodes, Raven, Kevin Sullivan, Vince Russo, Chael Sonnen, DDP, Vader, Ken Shamrock, Demetrious Johnson etc.

Juvi segment is funny because fans send in their music to be reviewed. I like hearing their reaction to atrocious music.

What does Konnan's runs in WWF & WCW have to do with his podcast. Besides if you knew anything you'd know he left WWF because he was making too much money in Mexico plus I challenge his run in WCW sucked as he was as over as New Age Outlaws in 1998 when he was in the Wolfpac. Original LAX in TNA was also on point.
>>
>>2622842

I actually tried to listen to his episode with Gotch, but during the first few minutes he claimed he had all those "credentials" for wrestling, only to immediately add, that he doesn't like or care the actual wrestling anyway.
>>
>Bruce not elder-god tier
"no"
>>
File: liquidshits.png (291KB, 467x329px) Image search: [Google]
liquidshits.png
291KB, 467x329px
>>2622969

Power Rankings"

1) Bruce Prichard and his comfy co-host

2) Cornette and his insufferable cohost

3) Booking the Territory, specifically the Smoky Mountain and NWA episodes.

4) *Maker Bolin

5) Anything Bobby Blaze shows up on.
>>
File: wcr2015slide.jpg (36KB, 678x250px) Image search: [Google]
wcr2015slide.jpg
36KB, 678x250px
>>
Wrestling Soup is the only podcast worth listening to
>>
>>2621971
I've listened to some clips from Russo's podcast, but I'd never listen to the whole thing. He's just annoying to listen to. Can't string two sentences together. It's the "bro" version of Shawn Michaels mumbling all the time or Meltzer stammering.

I can see the Observer stuff being somewhat worth listening to, but not if you have to pay for it. Paywall is automatic Mark tier because anyone who pays for something is literally a mark. That's what being a mark is; being someone who's willing to pay for a brand. Everyone's a mark for something.
>>
1. Lapsed Fan
2. Something to wrestle with
3. WOL
>>
>>2623057
Have they released anything since the late 00s?
>>
>>2621971
No twfs?
>>
>>2623094
Yes sir.

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/category/rdandblade/

That said, nothing beats the original run.
>>
>no Talk Is Jericho

Cringe as fuck mate
>>
>>2621971
No InYourHead Wrestling Radio?
>>
we watch wrestling
>>
>>2621991
>>2622969
>>2622984
>Bruce Prichard an Elder God
>comfy co-host Conrad
Yes. Anons with taste.
>>
>>2623142

He's only decent when he brings in someone that he worked or traveled with. Despite having wrestled all over the world, he's not really familiar with anything else going outside of WWE. That's fine and all, but when you tell Samoa Joe that he wasn't really a fit in the X-Division, then pretend to remember and care about his triple threat against Styles and Daniels, you lose credibility as an interviewer.

Plus, I don't give a shit about any of his cringe-worthy dad rock bands.
>>
>>2623445
this
>>
>>2623095
YEAH I HEAR THAT
>>
>>2621977
>Brought the highest ratings of any booker in wrestling history but he couldn't the save sinking of wcw so he's bad
>>
>>2621971
Does Talk is Jericho count?
>>
File: podcasts.png (3MB, 1436x3374px) Image search: [Google]
podcasts.png
3MB, 1436x3374px
better version
>>
I only listen to Marty and Sarah Love Wrestling, Colt, and Metlz.

Fuck you, /asp/. I just want to have fun when I listen to garbage, and ALL podcasts are garbage - especially wrestling ones.
>>
>>2624425

Blah blah blah, you have shit taste and you know it, that's why you're making excuses and just saying 'oh well all podcasts are shit', no they fucking aren't you goddamn asshole, that's like watching 3 shit TV shows and saying all TV shows are shit, fuck you.
>>
>>2624425

Also, for what its worth, Sarah is not afraid to call a cuck a cuck when they're being a cuck, so that kinda got me into their podcast.
>>
>>2624434

Enjoy your cavalcade of has-beens regurgitating the same garbage then, bro. =)
>>
>>2624440

Oh well I'll just stop listening to everything now because some dumb fuck teenager told me its all a bunch of shit.
>>
>no Conversation with the Big guy
shit/10
>>
File: killingthetown.jpg (213KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
killingthetown.jpg
213KB, 600x315px
Haven't listened in a long time, but I remember Cyrus being pretty based.
>>
>>2623095
WE'VE BEEN BOIIIS FOR A LONG TIME!
>>
>>2624459
that's very disrespectful
>>
>>2624399
austins show leaps to elder god tier when Teddy Fowler 361 on twitter is on
>>
>>2624790
Too bad that's he's not going to show up as often anymore.
>>
>>2621991
This. STWW, Cornette Experience, and Cornys Drive thru are top tier.

WHW, Austin and Jericho are mid. Rest is shit.
>>
>>2622007
>greatest of all times
>how's it going, man
>Muhammad Ali
>i live on a small island
>David Ortiz
>Scott and Kev made Hogan cool!
>I tried to push x to show the boys y
>island population of 200
>"the kid" was there so you could beat him up
>glacier is a slow moving block of ice
>picture in my house of Andre holding me and my brother
>fresh lobster
>>
>>2623063
Joey numbas is a fag. Sage
>>
The absolute state of Colt Cabannas awful podcast.
>>
>>2623773
>completely destroyed TNA
>>
>>2625563
Don't forget those Joe Gomez stories
>>
Excuse me, actual wrestling expert coming through.

OFFICIAL RANKING LIST

GOD TIER:

VInce Russo - Castrating The Marks
Wade Keller and Todd Martin - The Fix
Vince Russo - Lions Tigers Bears and Disco
Bryan Alvarez and Tom Lawler - Filthy 4 Daily

HIGH TIER:

Jim Cornette - The Jim Cornette Experience
Les Thatcher - Wrestling Weekly
Jim Ross - The Ross Report
Konnan - Keepin it 100 ft. Disco Inferno
Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer - Wrestling Observer Live
Wade Keller - PW Torch Midweek Flagship
Lance Storm and Cyrus - Killing The Town

Low Tier -

Chris Jericho - Talk Is Jericho
Sam Roberts - The Sam Roberts Podcast
The Edge And Christian Podcast
Bruce Pritchard - Something To Wrestle

ABSOLUTE MARK GARBAGE SHIT TIER

Talksport - Gorilla Position
Solomonster - Solomonster Sounds Off
PW Torch East Coast Cast ft. Travis Bryant
Wrestling Soup
Colt Cabana - The Art Of Wrestling
Jason Powell - Prowrestling.net Podcast
The Don Tony And Kevin Castle Show
Jerry Lawler - Dinner With The King
>>
>>2625584
Kike Banana
>>
>>2625628

>Vince Russo Bro anyone near god tier
>>
>>2625628

>Keller and Todd Martin

Opinion disqualified
>>
Russo has the credentials. Meltzer dreams he could write TV for Benoit, Eddie, AJ but never could.
>>
>>2625703

Wade Keller may be shit but Todd Martin has probably the greatest mind for the business of any pro wrestling journalist out there.
>>
You're Welcome with Chanel Sonnen is pretty good podcast when he talks about pro wrestling because he's a mark first & foremost but also smart to business however not completely obsessed. He likes big guys who look like stars and tough guys. He doesn't like fat slobs like Kevin Owens who don't look like athletes. He prefers old school style of work not scripted acrobatics that fags like Seth Rollins do. I enjoy hearing his perspective. He's a legit badass MMA fighter casual fan not a fucking geek.
>>
I SWAY TUH GAWD BRO, BRO LISTEN

NAME ME 1 (((ONE))) GOOD STORYLINE RUSSO WROTE BRO, JUST ONE
>>
>>2625760

Just about all of them, especially including his Nitro run from Oct 99 - Jan 2000
>>
>>2625628
(you)
>>
>>2625764
I actually like the build up to nWo 2000
>>
>>2621971
What, no love for @BustedOpenRadio?
>>
>its a Kevin Gill sounds like hes going to cry while trying to keep up his fake ICP voice and speech pattern episode.
>>
>>2621971

>Top Tier: MSL & Sullivan, Something to Wrestle.
>High Tier: Cornette, Austin, Ross, Konnan.
>Mark Tier: Jericho, Russo.
>Pleb Tier: Observer, Edge and Christian, that awful heeb, & all the shit put out by non-wrestlers.

The lack of mention of Kevin Sullivan's show in dis thread suggests /asp/ is mark tier.
>>
>>2625563

Can't disagree with this. I don't think there's enough in reviewing each Nitro week-on-week to keep doing it.

Sullivan's at his best with the Q&A's as he really drops dirt/info/historical perspective that other podcasts lack. Worried the free show may now get worse because they've split him across two shows.
>>
Kevin and MSL have been having the same conversation for the past year. They need to evolve the show.
>>
Am I the only one who listens to the Chad Dukes Wrestling Show?
>>
If you're listening to non wrestlers or bookers opinion on wrestling you should kill yourself. Your opinion is as valid as theirs.
>>
File: photo.jpg (55KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
55KB, 900x900px
They do a pretty good job at recapping the show without yelling over each other like autistic losers.
>>
>>2621971
Nobody ever pays Going in RAW its due...
>>
>>2626509
Wrestlers and boomers opinions aren't any more valid dumbass. They're all just opinions.

I only care about being entertained.
>>
>>2627536
>being entertained by some random nigger spamming you with ads and giving their crappy opinions.
>>
>>2623445
Well, hello there
>>
>>2623095
YEAH I HEAR THAT
>>
Who are the biggest draws in wrestling podcast/radio at the moment?

Jim Cornette (quality guaranteed everytime)
Kenny 'Starmaker' Bolin (best mind the biz, legendary star)
Dave Meltzer (popular and knowledgeable journalist, also a mark)
CM Punk (the 2 cabana podcasts got over, like huge, you know)
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.