[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE fan watching NJPW for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: 20170504_092932.png (624KB, 893x716px) Image search: [Google]
20170504_092932.png
624KB, 893x716px
Here are my thoughts on the njpw ppv from yesterday:

> multi man tags are a cluster fuck but was fun to watch
> why did CAWdy go over David Finlay??
> Roppongi Vice is my now my favorite tag team
> Wins seem much more important here than WWE
> Yoshi tatsu still sucks
> Okada has the best dropkick in the business
> Los ingobernables de japon > Bullet Club

I saw this PPV on a taima stream and just subbed to Njpwworld. Any good matches on there I need to see?

Pic very fucking related. These 2 come across as rock stars
>>
Very soon you'll learn to just skip the trios hell that is the undercard.
>>
>>2616249
Yo, start with WrestleKingdom 11. Just watch everything there and you will learn what to avoid and who you like. Don't watch Road to Shows, if you don't have shitload of time. They are house shows. But there is story progression there, so you can see wrestlers building their feud during the tags.

And sometime Road to show is in a big building so they put trios belts on the line there or NEVER title (like last week during Suzuki and Goto match) as main event. So they can fill the building. And they are not afraid to switch the titles there, because their house shows are part of their canon, unlike WWE's hosue shows.

and your thoughts:
1) yes they are great time waster
2) he is "a big deal" he is going to be in G1 (FUCK YOU CODY)
3) Those two are great, I am almost getting hard anticipating cheering them on in Tokyo Dome next January when I will be there live
4) Yes they are, Juice Robinson got his title shot cause he pinned champ during a tag match
5) Yes, he is now officially the worst in NJPW. Captain New Japan is gone now.
6) Yes, he does.
7) Of fucking course. They are the greatest unit in wrestling today. They are stars, every single one of them.
>>
>>2616249
Watch Naito vs Kenny Omega from last year's G1 Climax.

Thats probably my favorite match of all time.
>>
>>2616291
>They are stars, every single one of them.
Sanada is not quite there yet, BUSHI looks cool but just kinda blends into the background.
>>
>>2616249

Yeah, watching wrestling where wins actually matter and the booking makes sense is so weird.

It is almost like they want to tell stories or something.
>>
>>2616249

Glad to hear you're on board.

Basically everything resets after Wrestle Kingdom which takes place in January. So all of last years feuds wrap up. So that's a good starting point.

Make sure to watch Omega vs. Okada and Tanahashi vs. Naito. Those 2 were great matches.

If you go back in the past year, check out Naito vs. Omega like the other anon said.

Also the Naito/Elgin feud was great. They compliment each other well.

>multi man tags are a cluster fuck but was fun to watch
Yes but it's how they push a long their story lines and feuds. Some are fun, some suck.

>why did CAWdy go over David Finlay??
Finlay is still green and they plan on using Cody

>Roppongi Vice is my now my favorite tag team
They're ok, not real big on them.

>Wins seem much more important here than WWE
Very much so

>Yoshi tatsu still sucks
Yep

>Okada has the best dropkick in the business
Definitely, I've been saying this for a year now. He is a gifted athlete.

>Los ingobernables de japon > Bullet Club
Very much so. But LIJ is the hottest faction in wrestling right now. They are a well oiled perfect group. I was thinking adding Takahashi would water down the group too much, but he is a perfect fit. Each guy brings their own thing to the group.

Sananda is the bruiser
Evil is the 2nd in charge
Bushi is the light heavyweight guy there to eat pins, but likable
Takahashi is a very great light heavyweight wrestler
Naito is the perfect leader
>>
The Kota Ibushi vs Nakamura match at WK9 is a classic, plus Okada vs Tanahashi at WK9/WK10 is fucking great.
>>
Cody Rhodes is winning the G1
>>
>>2616445
>Kota Ibushi vs Nakamura match at WK9 is a classic

This!

This is the match that got me into NJPW. Nakamura had the best entrance ever.
>>
>>2616505
The best entrance ever is Onita at the October 99 Dome show against Chono and that's inarguable
>>
Based hiromu
>>
>>2616249
Watch ishii vs shiabata,any of thier matches really.

Also look for harooki goto.

You will love tomoaki honma lol
>>
>>2616302
To me BUSHI is a semi-popular guy who's there to eat the majority of the pins + sell masks until they can get EVIL and SANADA fully ready for upper card / main event positions.
>>
>>2616249
Yeah, start with WK11 and then watch everything sequentially, including the Road to shows.

I personally really like RPG Vice and hope they actually get a long reign with the tag titles this time instead of just losing to the young bucks at dominion
>>
My humble two cents (I really only started watching last year):

- The last four matches of WK10
- KUSHIDA vs Kyle O'Reilly
- Ricochet vs Will Osprey (If you want to hear a Japanese crowd shout holy shit)
- Okada vs Ishii at G1 Climax 2016 (aka why you should never piss off Ishii)
- Omega vs Naito at G1 Climax 2016 (already mentioned)
- Omega vs Goto at G1 Climax 2016 and their rematch
- The last four matches at WK11
- Okada vs Shibata this year (which is probably Shibata's last match)

And I probably missed a dozen.
>>
After years and years, it's all a matter of taste and styles, I'm glad you enjoyed it though OP since it's definitively worth your time, but some people don't like it for some reason.

The ONE thing you can't argue about though, it's Okada's dropkicks, they are just perfect, the very definition of a dropkick in motion
>>
>>2616249
not gonna shit on wwe but its the styles. wwe style is much different, and the wwe has their workers working 7 days a week so they are tired for most live shows and have to rest much more. and vince/dunn have this thing where wins and losses arent supposed to mean anything and are just there to progress the bigger storyline.
>>
Styles did amazing work in NJPW. I recommend watching his matches against Okada and his confrontation with Minoru Suzuki in G1 Climax 24
>>
>>2616249
To add on to what >>2617022 said, make sure you check out Styles-Tanahashi from the G1, seeing as it was an amazing match and both men consider it to be their finest match ever.
>>
>>2616959
>>2616249
You do not need to watch the Road To shows. In fact they're a really good way to burn yourself out on the product
>>
Also check out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit#gid=0 it is a great resource if you have NJPW World as it has links to the videos for all the matches. I don't think it has been updated in a couple of months though. Just stick to the recent stuff for the msot part unless you're REALLY curious.
>>
>>2617004
Suwama's dropkick is better
>>
>>2617169
Don't listen to this guy, go back and check out the 80s and 90s stuff, it's the best NJPW ever was
>>
>>2617181
Yeah I could have written it better. I just didn't know how much time OP has on his hands so I figured I wouldn't overwhelm him with this list by narrowing the scope of matches a little.
>>
World Famous Lord YOSHITATSU doesn't suck. Taguchi will soon make him a main eventer.
>>
File: vice.gif (991KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
vice.gif
991KB, 500x269px
>>2616249
>> Roppongi Vice is my now my favorite tag team

b a s e d
a
s
e
d
>>
if you like LIJ you should check out Naito vs Okada last year at invasion attack. that match was pure kino
>>
>>2616551
dat camera work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7cFGXHvqo
>>
Don't watch any Shibata matches. Save yourself from the bad end.
>>
>>2616551
My man, i am driving many hours to see that man wrestle in august at czw and i dont regret it
>>
>>2616489

LMFAO. That would actually be funny
>>
File: too_awesome_dropkick_1.png (754KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
too_awesome_dropkick_1.png
754KB, 800x800px
So good they made it into a shirt
>>
File: back body drop.webm (3MB, 722x400px) Image search: [Google]
back body drop.webm
3MB, 722x400px
highest i've ever seen a guy go
>>
How was Cody's match yesterday?
>>
Naito vs Omega from G1 Climax 26. It's so much fucking better than Memekada vs Omega.
>>
>>2619584
Why does the back body drop look more devastating than most moves out there? It's treated like a meaningless throwaway move, and it's usually super telegraphed, almost always leading to a kick in the face. When it actually lands, it looks like it destroys your back.
>>
>>2619609
it's about the maximum height you can fall from standing in the ring.

it's also one of the safest moves because they can land flat
>>
>>2616258
>not watching the young bois, anything LIJ is doing or Suzuki shinanegins in multi tags

Skipping anything the Bullet Club or the rest of Suzuki-gun is doing on the undercard is 100% understandable.

Also, cool dad bread club for life.
>>
>>2616249
>LIJ > BC
don't watch Dominion
>>
>>2619584
AJ went higher
>>
File: 213132321213.png (291KB, 433x423px) Image search: [Google]
213132321213.png
291KB, 433x423px
>>2619584
>>2619633
Pic related
>>
File: IMG_20170504_230425.jpg (94KB, 1440x922px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_230425.jpg
94KB, 1440x922px
>>2619624
Kojima's English tweets are great
>>
>>2617015
Tbqh most mexican wrestlers wrestle much harder schedules and have way better matches. Hiromu said in an interview that in Mexico he was wrestling 8 times a week so him in NJPW right now is significantly slowed down compared to what he was.

Basically, rolling bumps > flat bumps
>>
>>2619627
This guy was dickriding Kenny Omega and BC a week ago, now he's changed his trip to LIJ and rides their dicks. wew
>>
>>2616551
Ummmm
https://youtu.be/A0P-SgpwYnE
>>
>>2619678
if there's one thing New Japan announcers could learn from WWE announcers, it's to shut the fuck up when the wrestler is making their entrance and the music starts. Especially if there's a live singer.
>>
>>2617836
>da fug you niggas gunna do?
>crowd loses it
>>
>>2619584
18+
>>
>>2619688
>JBL
>>
File: naito.jpg (93KB, 455x524px) Image search: [Google]
naito.jpg
93KB, 455x524px
>>2616249
> multi man tags are a cluster fuck but was fun to watch
They're NJPW's way to warm up the crowd. It's fucking weird
> why did CAWdy go over David Finlay??
Still wondering this shit myself. Why the fuck won't Rhodes stick to a promotion? fucks sakes
> Roppongi Vice is my now my favorite tag team
They used to be boring AF, but gaddamn they're the shit now
> Wins seem much more important here than WWE
I think WWE is just going through the motions at this point. NJPW seems like they want to build up their product. Thats just my thoughts
> Yoshi tatsu still sucks
Shocking literally no one
And one of the best gimmicks. The guy makes it rain money with his own face on it. Okada bucks ftw
> Los ingobernables de japon > Bullet Club
My man
>>
>>2616961
Shibata anything if you ask me. That man is a fucking murder machine. He's the Japanese terminator
>>
File: 1481603311213.png (336KB, 595x494px) Image search: [Google]
1481603311213.png
336KB, 595x494px
I've watched WWE since 97, only started watching NJPW regularly this year and subbed to NJPW World a few months ago.

It's based as fuck tbqh

Agree with OP also, Los Ingobernables are my favourite faction in wrasslin right now.
>>
>>2619930
>...He's the...

He was. He is currently in hospital bed. Having his second operation after bleeding into his brain. Terminator no more. He can't see on one of his eyes and can't hear properly. He is on painkillers, so they don't know if he can even move properly.
>>
File: liechtenpepe.jpg (81KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
liechtenpepe.jpg
81KB, 550x535px
>>2619962
>He can't see on one of his eyes and can't hear properly. He is on painkillers, so they don't know if he can even move properly.

pls stop
>>
>>2616305
Fools, do they really want to be successful?
>>
>>2619971
If I was religious I would offer him my prayers. He is awesome. I almost went against my promise to see WK12 as my first live wrestling show and almost went to UK to see him wrestle Matt Riddle at RevPro. It's only 8 hours drive from central europe and it would have been worth it.

Now I am hoping against hope I get to see him in January.
>>
>>2616291
Also, Suzuki/Goto, Juice/Naito, and Ricochet/Time Bomb were on the build shows to Dontaku, so they're not always 100% missable.
>>
>>2619962
As much as I love and respect Shibata this had to happen eventually, there's a reason why WWE/American wrestling avoids headshots a lot more now, it was eventual and it fucking sucks. Shibata was/is amazing to watch, his style is so unique in this day and age and it was so impressive to watch. But this whole thing with headbutts always made me cringe internally, knowing what damage that does. I can't ever watch a new Shibata match, and I will not watch NJPW if they let him wrestle again unless he's 100% cleared. No buts/ifs/maybes, the man has said it himself, he wants to die in the ring. Imagine what it'd do to forexample Okada if he is in part responsible for Shibatas death.
>>
File: roppongiviceentrance.gif (3MB, 450x246px) Image search: [Google]
roppongiviceentrance.gif
3MB, 450x246px
>>2616249
>> Roppongi Vice is my now my favorite tag team
you got good taste bro, welcome
>>
>>2621403
The worst part (outside of the obvious of losing one of the most unique wrestlers of the last 15 years) is now ignorant westerners talk about how """"""dangerous"""""" "strong style" is because of the shoot headbutt. Like, his entire moveset outside of that was brutal as fuck and would welt the fuck out of you but it's also temporary damage mostly, someone kicking you in the chest with shin pads on hurts and will leave a mark but isn't going to cause any long term damage. Shibata worked very stiff but in areas that don't really cause significant damage, Ishii does the same (outside of his throat chops he occasionally does).

His grappling game he developed was fucking awesome to watch as well.

I think this is almost the same as Misawa dying in the ring in that I think shoot headbutts aren't going to be too much of a thing anymore the same way NOAH doesn't feature people dropping each other on the head every other move every match.
>>
>>2617836
>catches a thrown drink
>pours it on his head anyway
GOAT

that cover of wild thing is such perfect entrance music too
>>
>>2621418
I still miss FOREVER ;_;
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.