[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bg/ - Breathing General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: breathing_uzopedia.jpg (14KB, 243x250px) Image search: [Google]
breathing_uzopedia.jpg
14KB, 243x250px
Breathing is a key element to any sport and martial art.
Share techniques and stories.
>>
>>2612150
Is this a JoJo reference?
>>
>>2612150
Okay, but on a serious note, whats a good breathing strategy while running? I've been trying the three steps in, two steps out method with varying degrees of success. What works for you anons?
>>
>>2612166
>What works for you anons?
Staying calm and relaxed, and taking deep breaths. I try to breath through my nose all of the time, but it just gets clogged some times.
>>
>>2612174
What I've been doing is breathing in my nose for 3 steps, and out my mouth for 2. I on't cramp anymore, but it's difficult to keep up
>>
File: tfw narrow surface.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
tfw narrow surface.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>2612166
Whats a good breathing strategy while Free-"Running?"
Breath out while doing the most strenuous movements like jumps, vaults, rolls, and the like.

What if Traceurs and Free-Runners Kiai when they do stuff like that?

>>2612178
I don't remember exactly how I breathed the last time I ran, but I think that my rate of breath was closer to 3-5 steps per inhale through nose and 2-4 steps per exhale (and if I recall correctly,) through my mouth.
>>
>>2612150
http://kenshi247.net/blog/2014/01/06/budo-and-breathing/

http://www.kendo-guide.com/mokuso_breathing.html
>>
>>2612464
bump
>>
I can only fully breath out of one nostril at a time, and this alternates to the other nostril every couple of hours, what the fuck.
>>
>>2613657
>I can only fully breath out of one nostril at a time, and this alternates to the other nostril every couple of hours, what the fuck.
That's pretty normal, yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGACvb3Mm60
>>
>>2613684
oh wow, okay
>>
File: Michael_Scott_Drugs.jpg (59KB, 304x272px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Scott_Drugs.jpg
59KB, 304x272px
>>2613684
>>2613657
>>2613691
yeah that's entirely normal, protip if you ever decide to snort drugs check which nostril has better airflow first so you dont launch $40 of white girl into your snot bubbles

also on the topic of OP's question: always inhale through the nose exhale through the mouth. in standup training [muay thai in particular] I never hold my breath and try to time my exhales piecewise with my strikes. always keep the air moving and most importantly DON'T tense up. fluidity is a virtue
>>
>>2613707
>yeah that's entirely normal, protip if you ever decide to snort drugs check which nostril has better airflow first so you dont launch $40 of white girl into your snot bubbles
Yeah, but a post-protip is not to do drugs.
>>
File: actually.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
actually.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>2613743
nobody's perfect, guy
>>
>>2613757
>nobody's perfect, guy
But everybody can get closer to perfect.
>>
I've been breathing every day of my life. It's a lifelong commitment. Very important.
>>
>>2613837
Same. Specially when I'm lifting weights.
>>
>>2613805
*tips fedora*
Tis a noble bit of advice to impart on those degenerates, well spoken m'elegant gentlesir
>>
my breathing has been taken away from me
I was crushed by a big fat judo guy who settled on my diaphragm tonight.
I've been unable to catch my breath for a few hours now. My heart rate is approaching 100 resting bpm instead of my normal 55

am I going to die?
>>
Finna BUMP
>>
How do you guys breath when you beat your meat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPU4l9ddjU
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.