[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get over in wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

>come out
>say one word over and over
>make a hand gesture at the same time you say the word
>get over
>>
People this worked for in the long run:
- stone cold steve austin (what)
- daniel bryan (yes)

People this did not work for:
- i would put all the people here, but i am only allowed 5000 characters on 4chan, and this would take 3 posts to do that.

So maybe the better explanation is...d-bry and SCSA are actually just...
Dare i say it...
GOATs? Fan favorites? Dime drawers? Anti smark gods?
>>
Suck a cock homo. The only thing you have to do is be entertaining. It's an art lost on today's roster.
>>
>>2608388
You forgot Matt Hardy. And I would like you to name 3 wrestlers with a single word catchphrase that didn't get over.
>>
Stone cold was already over and on the backend of his career when he started "what"

And by your logic, the lucha dragons would've dominated the tag team division
>>
File: tye.png (323KB, 633x357px) Image search: [Google]
tye.png
323KB, 633x357px
>>2608376
holy shit op is actually right
>>
>>2608376
WHAT?!
>>
File: DDP_Pic_1[1].jpg (14KB, 295x252px) Image search: [Google]
DDP_Pic_1[1].jpg
14KB, 295x252px
>>2608450
of course I am
>>
>>2608437
>And by your logic, the lucha dragons would've dominated the tag team division
the missed doing the "get over" part
>>
>>2608429
>>2608388
Also forgot Akira Tozawa. He has no gestures and doesn't even say a word. Just AAAAA AAAAA AAAAA AAAAA AAAAA AAAAA
>>
>>2608376
>be a manlet
>grow a neckbeard
>throw a bitch fit and yell NO alot
smarks will find this easy to relate to
>>
File: -5ed04f5f36a95e1b[1].jpg (66KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
-5ed04f5f36a95e1b[1].jpg
66KB, 960x540px
*points*
YOUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>2608469
>never watched one of his matches before
>this is exactly what he does

i'm fuckin dying here man
>>
>>2608485
He actually is pretty hype.

His suicide dive is him just using his head as a battering ram, and his finisher is this between-the-legs evasion into a snap suplex into a bridge-pin.
>>
>>2608499
His headbutt reminded me of ECW. Like, for real "extreme" style wrestling that made you go "HOLY SHIT" that I hardly say these days.
>>
>>2608376
It's just a simplified version of a catch phrase. Anything that the crowd can do with you to feel like they're part of the show will help get you over, and the easier it is for the crowd to get involved the more likely you will get over.

It's not just one word hand gestures. The Rock used to have the crowd reciting full speeches with him, and Enzo does that now as well.

Wrestlers also do it with entrances too, like Balor throwing his hands up in the air at the right musical queues or Bray turning off the lights so every can pull out of their phones. It feeds the crowd's ego and makes them feel like they contribute to the entertainment.
>>
The yes chant, seething, neo-4chan, neo-WWE, it's all one phenomenon, retards pretending to be retarded, a true idiotocracy.
>>
The yes chant, seething, neo-4chan and neo-WWE, it's all one phenomenon, retards pretending to be retarded, a true idiotocracy.
>>
that NXT geek getting the 10 chant over proves anyone can do it
>>
>>2608503
Cringe
>>
>>2608611
god forbid someone enjoys watching wrestling
>>
>>2608429
Akira tozawa (AAA), hasnt been on tv in weeks

Titus oneil (dog bark), titus brand is definitely over right?

The Miz (awesome!), 80% of crowds still hate him even though they say his phrase, solely because he plays a great heel. But I thought a single word catchphrase was all you needed to undo that...

These are just modern ones. Theres lots of others. I just wouldnt remember because theyre all forgettable.
>>
>>2608429
Everybody they tried to give "YES!" to, which includes:

>Sheamus
>Del Rio
>Big Show

>>2608503
Watch better promotions

>>2608879
Tozawa was on 205 Live just this past week you nonce
>>
>>2608879
Akira Tozawa was on tv last night nigga.
>>
>>2608388
Austin got over way before the what chants though
>>
>Hey Yo
>Suck It
>Too Sweet
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (97KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
TheGOAT.jpg
97KB, 600x423px
>>2608376
Based GOAT works another anti-smark
>>
>>2608376
>have a fun gimmick that's instantly graspable
big secrets OP dropping truth bombs all over
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.