[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE Network attitude era viewing order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5389.jpg (307KB, 725x652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5389.jpg
307KB, 725x652px
I'm finally ready to dip my toes into watching the attitude era from start to finish

What should my starting point be to get the best overall viewing experience

Also Is smack down important to watch when it starts out in the late 90s?
>>
>>2605676
I'd start with the screwjob. Smack down isn't that important because you get recaps on RAW.
>>
Do you want the full gestalt or the quick rundown?
>>
>>2605684
This will be my after work nights summer viewing project so I want the full experience
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (22KB, 453x326px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
22KB, 453x326px
>>2605676
>start
1997 royal rumble
>end
wrestlemania x7? maybe the ppv after it?
>What should my starting point be to get the best overall viewing experience
try to remember that what they were doing was new. also there was a live wrestling show happening at the same time on a different channel.
>Also Is smack down important to watch when it starts out in the late 90s?
only watch the first episode.
I would recomend watching nitro too. at least until 1999.
>>
Whats the earliest you can watch on the wwe network without hitting any big gaps?
>>
>>2608927
imho any Raw post-mania before 2000.
>>
>>2605676
There's plenty of logical starting points. You could start as early as Austin's KOTR win. I started at '98 Rumble.

Yes, watch the Smackdowns, they were good, had storyline development and were canon.
>>
File: 01bigger2.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
01bigger2.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>2605696
Sound advice here. This anon knows his stuff.
>>
File: sandman1.gif (15KB, 303x224px) Image search: [Google]
sandman1.gif
15KB, 303x224px
just watch ECW desu senpai
>>
>>2605676
I've also started watching attitude era from begging, id suggest starting mid december 1997, also don't forget ecw
>>
>>2609205
>>2609301
yeah watch how much wwf stole from ecw back in the day
>>
Survivor Series '96, but I would suggest starting at the beginning of 1996 to see the transformation of the company over those few years, and since the episodes are only 45 minutes you can watch through it fairly quickly. 1996 was a really good, and interesting, year.

>rise of Stone Cold Steve Austin
>early Goldust, very early Attitude era-like
>last days of Razor and Diesel, two prominent players in changing the industry
>debut of Mankind
>Vader debut
>Bret Hart
>Sunny in the bathtub promos, again, very much Attitide-era
>Shawn Michaels phenomenal year
>Undertaker begins being a main event player instead of a "special attraction" star
>>
>>2609301
>mid december 1997
And miss arguably the greatest period in WWF history with the Summer of '97, the Bret-Austin feud, most of the DX stuff, Canadian Stampede.
>>
>>2609318
You mean bought they paid Paul for it
>>
>>2609363
And the debut of Kane.
>>
TRUE Attitude Era experience is watching ECW, WCW, and WWF in order from the beginning of 1995 over the course of a couple of years.
>>
File: 1491958127712.png (541KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491958127712.png
541KB, 640x480px
>>2605676
>start

Survivor Series 1996. First time Austin and Bret step in the ring together so you can get the proper build to their Mania match that made the Stone Cold character, and in the ME the fans start resoundedly rooting for heel Psycho Sid over face HBK which just didn't happen before then despite how shitty the face could be. Watch RAW from here into 97. 1997 is key to understanding how much of a drastic shift from NG to AE was and was an all around GOAT year for the main event scene with Bret, Taker, Austin and Michaels. All you need to know about New Generation is that Bret and HBK were the top guys from that era, so its important when they both end up putting Austin over at back to back Manias. Also they introduced the RAW set in early 97 that would define the AE.

>end

WMX8. You need to see both Austin's heel run and the Invasion angle to gain proper context to why wrestling is in the state it is in after the AE. Also Austin and Rock are still firmly the top guys, so excluding it from your viewing is kinda dumb. The night after X8 when Brock debuts is more or less the beginning of Ruthless Agression. Some may argue that WM19 is firmly THE END because it was Austin's last match and the end of Rock's full time career, though I wouldn't wish 2002/2003 RAW with Haitch as the top guy upon anybody.

>Also Is smack down important to watch when it starts out in the late 90s?

Alot of the best moments of the AE were on Smackdown, though if your stretched for time I'd then suggest just watching the ones between each years Rumble and Mania to get the full "Road to Wrestlemania" build, especially for X7.

If you want to get THE full experience and really use that Network subscription to the fullest, start at the first Nitro, watching the correponding RAW and PPV's up until Mania 15 in 99, then ignore WCW until around December 2000 where you can watch its final days alongside RAW as it climaxes to Mania 17.
>>
Attitude Era starts around road to Survivor Series 1997 maybe when DX happens. Everything before still looks and feels NGE.
>>
>>2608927
I think Raw, Smackdown, and Nitro are complete up to the 30 day delay for RAM and SD current episodes.

I haven't checked in a long time but I do remember reading that someplace if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>2609951
It looks completely different in March 1997 when they introduce the Attitude Era Raw set. Stone Cold and the new Hart Foundation were a complete departure from New Generation and were in full swing in a GOAT feud throughout the summer. That DX changed everything is just revisionist history forced by HHH's insecurity over eternally never being the game changer that he claimed he was.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.