[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spergy wrestling rant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: Matt-Hardy.jpg (1MB, 3000x1596px) Image search: [Google]
Matt-Hardy.jpg
1MB, 3000x1596px
I know people will disagree with me, but shit like Broken Matt is why pro wrestling is dying for the casual audience. As entertaining and funny as it is, most people are too dense or not into pro wrestling enough to understand the meta-comedy and Sharkando-like self awareness of it all. Vince has always given audiences gimmicks that lack any kind of subtlety and that's why WWE thrived for so long for so many audiences.

He turned pro wrestling into an easy to understand spectacle. But he's been catering so much towards the "pro wrestling is an art form" smarky type of crowd for the past 5 years or so that it's probably the reason the audience is steadily declining. All the people I know irl who watched wrestling at some point would never get into something like Broken Matt. They just liked badass bad guys and good guys doing cool shit weekly.

No one outside of the types of people who like pro wrestling will get this Biredemic-type stuff, or they want more character than "a well-rounded athlete from the indies who's finally getting what he deserves" that only smarks can really appreciate.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I don't fucking know, but I don't think WWE as we know it is going to be around much longer at all if this keeps up.
>>
>>2593771
>i'm the only person smart enough to get irony

Shut up faggot
>>
>>2593771
>why pro wrestling is dying
>the only thing in wrestling drawing dimes

Okay pal.
>>
>>2593771
>tfw to intelligent to like things
>>
>>2593771
>a gimmick used in TNA during 2016, its lowest point in visibility, is why "the casual audience" stopped watching in the early 2000s

DELETE yourself OP
>>
>>2593771
>anti-smarks say pro wrestling is dying because it's too reliant on work-rate and not enough on characters
>other anti-smarks say wrestling is dying because of larger than life characters like broken matt
If you want proof that being an anti-smark is just disliking whatever smarks like, here it is
>>
>>2593779
>>2593796
You don't have to be a genius to know people prefer in your face action like Star Wars and Transformers over artsy subtle shit. Just like people would rather watch Lita fuck Edge or Stone Cold beat up his boss over "buried like the man with three H's!" type of jokes that require you to be in the know about something to even understand. It doesn't have anything to do with intelligence really, it's just a matter of catering to the niche crowd vs the larger, casual audience
>>
>>2593822
>the larger, casual audience

Where are they? Because they haven't watched since Austin was WCW Champ.
>>
>>2593822
the broken gimmick is comedic, not comparable to mainstream blockbusters or whatever excuse you're trying to sell. Broken Matt is meme funny like Nic Cage is meme funny, fucking casuals can get it and enjoy just as much as actual wrestling fans. And frankly it's a lot better and more intelligent than anything else the fucking WWE is putting out there so why the fuck wouldn't you want them to do it
>>
>>2593822
>Tfw to intelligent to watch wrestling
>>
>>2593805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tSzfIptq7U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27BAWAHuFqQ
>>
>>2593822
Thing is WWE literally doesn't have "casual audience" anymore.
>>
>>2593771
I just can't see Broken Matt Hardy working in the WWE
>>
>>2593839
Not saying they shouldn't do it. I said I liked the gimmick. I'm saying that it might tank the casual audience because it's too niche and bizarre and has involved a lot of pro wrestling "insider" type jokes that the people who tune thinking that Roman Reigns really beats people up and to see Brock Lesnar do badass shit are going to be confused by
>>
>>2593860
People say that but it's not the smarks making WWE "trend worldwide" every week, or making petitions against Braun Strowman, or being the 14 million people who like Roman Reigns' facebook page and asking him to respond to them. The casual audience is still the majority.
>>
>>2593867
>trend worldwide
Meaning nothing, besides "smarks" tweet about it all the time too
>making petitions against Braun Strowman
False flag
>14 million people who like Roman Reign's facebook page
Fake accounts, bigger corporations "buy" likes all the time
>>
The Broken Hardys stuff is great and draws because they're really working and living a gimmick, unlike the generic nu-male manlets with shitty tattoos that plague the indies and even WWE nowadays.
>>
>>2593871
You really arguing the smarks are the majority? Why is WWE literally the only mainstream wrestling promotion then? Why are people so discontent with the show yet millions tune in every week? WWE has sustained itself by marketing its brand as the "global icon of entertianment" and bringing in celebrity guests and shit, all of which appeal to casual audiences.

And regardless my argument is that they are actively alienating the casual fans so if they are declining then that just supports the claim
>>
>>2593867
>or being the 14 million people who like Roman Reigns' facebook page

Literally millions of them are bots and/or clickfarms
>>
>>2593881
>yet millions tune in every week?

1.1 MILLION people have stopped tuning in since the WWE started building around Reigns.
>>
>>2593878
>le nu-male spam

Hardyz just came off a stint in ROH you stupid idiot
>>
>>2593771
>>
>>2593922
>1.1 MILLION people have stopped tuning in since the WWE started building around indie darlings
FTFY

Before Reigns, it was Cena, who smarks hated even more. The only difference is now that Reigns is quite literally the only non-smark favourite main eventer, the ratings are sinking like a stone.
>>
>>2593771
There was a match like three years ago between Khali and Santino and 3MB.

In the match Santino gets ready to do the Cobra but then Jinder Mahal climbs up on the apron with a flute and starts "snake charming" the Cobra and it begins to turn to strike Santino. Then Khali gets a flute and starts playing it back, charming the snake to strike Heath.
I at the time thought it was a cute little comedy spot but then afterwards I went on youtube to find the clip so I could post about it in the thread, the video had an insane amount of dislikes and all the top comments were claiming that "This is insulting the intelligence of the fans."

WWE's casual audience is so fucking retarded they begin seething about a spot in a comedy match shredding their immersion.
>>
>>2593771
Kill yourself faggot, nobody cares
>>
>>2596268
lol the delusional state of Romarks

The entire company has been built around Roman since he won the Royal Rumble.

>this fucking cognitive dissonance
>>
broken matt wasn't funny
>>
>>2593781
He's drawing dimes from a niche audience. The general audience doesn't care/understand broken matt m
>>
>>2596466
Which is why he's over as fuck and getting constant DELETE chants every night, right?
>>
>>2593771
>But he's been catering so much towards the "pro wrestling is an art form" smarky type of crowd for the past 5 years
have we been watching the same show
>>
>>2596499
>Kevin Owens made world champion
>Daniel Bryan wins the main event at WM
>NXT
>Finn Balor pushed above Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins
>AJ Styles beats Cena cleanly and wins championship
>2011 CM Punk angle
>continuing a Steen/Generico feud from the indies as if the majority of the audience knows about it
>205 Live
>CWC
>"women's revolution" and Sasha/Charlotte main eventing a PPV
>all the indie signings

You can go on and on but WWE has shifted like crazy from their original brand of "sport's entertainment" and have now been catering to pro wrestling fans for a while now. They're arguably at their highest point of this right now
>>
>>2596590
>Daniel Bryan wins the main event at WM

Something that literally only happened because every crowd they were in front of revolted.

Reigns is still being pushed as THE Guy. Your argument is invalid.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.