[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: American-Alpha.png (293KB, 562x408px) Image search: [Google]
American-Alpha.png
293KB, 562x408px
what went wrong?
>>
They got outside the NXMeme bubble and were exposed as the vanilla bores they always have been. All they got is MOVEZ just like the rest of the roster.
>>
>>2589281
this

just a team made for NXT and no right being on the main roster
>>
>>2589278

They're in the WWE

/thread
>>
Where hailed off the gate by the announcers as THE NEXT BIG THING instead of trying to organically get them over. Every time someone is hailed as THE FUTURE it ends up being a dud. See also: Drew McIntyre's life.
>>
Vince refuses to actually put anyone but Roman over so that the micro pooch will always be the de facto biggest name.
>>
>>2589278
As far as I know, there was no video package put together that showed their backstory. That was a huge mistake in my opinion because I never watched NXMeme so I didn't know about the storylines that Gable and Jordan had together before they teamed and it made them less interesting as characters. They just seemed like generic real wrasslin guys.

Also they've cut like one real promo since being brought up to the main roster. I don't think I even know what their voices sound like.
>>
>>2589296
They sound really heterosexual:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOw2xj8sW8
>>
>>2589278
No promo time. They desperately needed promo time, and to display their backstory.

They got over on the Gable's needy social awkwardness, and the story of how they discovered they were the perfect tag team partners for each other. The wrestling skill was just a bonus.
>>
>>2589278
have they ever talked?
>>
They were being protected but not winning the titles straight away but eventually they just took it off the Wyatts with no real build, after that there was no formidable teams apart from Uce, Hype Bros but Zack got injured, and Heath and Rhyno.
>>
File: gay cops.jpg (517KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gay cops.jpg
517KB, 1920x1080px
>>2589348
>after that there was no formidable teams
>implying
>>
>>2589278
We were never really given a reason to care about them. Their characters weren't developed past two-guys-who-are-good-at-wrestling-and-are-very-happy-to-be-wrestling-here-for-you-today. Look at Rhyno and Slater. They're barely on TV anymore and they're more over than AA because WWE invested time telling us who they are and what they're doing here.

The main mistake WWE made building them was not giving them a real feud with Orton and Bray over the tag titles. Just spending time in the ring with those two would have made them seem more important, and a long chase after the titles would have made it mean more when they finally won.
>>
>>2589357

I hope these guys get the belts. I actually really like the heel uso's, but you need to spend time building a babyface for a heel to matter.
>>
>>2589371
Even after their heel turn, the Usos still are what they always were, the tag version of Randy Orton, an inoffensive coat rack to hang a belt on while they come up to something interesting to do with it.
>>
They never really told us why we should care about them and even though I'm a fan of NXT, I only started watching last year and never saw any of American Alpha's matches there.

They weren't given the promos or the stories to get people invested, their matches were usually really short and Usos aside, they never had any really credible opponents because the rest of the tag team division was even worse off than them.

Basically, SmackDown didn't treat the tag team division as a priority so of course the stars of it failed to get over.
>>
>>2589278
Have they ever cut a promo on the main roster?

Like even a backstage segment?
>>
>>2589278

Heath Slater's story got actually over big, so him and Rhyno became champion and stayed champion for longer than planed and then AA went cold and stayed cold ever since.
>>
>>2589278
Overhyped them.
Should have called them up and slowly built them up.
>>
>>2589278
They weren't paired up with Kurt angle
>>
>>2589525
Oh yeah, that worked wonders for Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin.
>>
They were booked too strong
>>
Tag division was booked as an afterthought
No real time for promos to develop character

>>2589311
Bromance is the gimmick
>>
>>2589278
They belong to the 75% of boring trash that comes from nxt.
>>
>>2589278
Triple H tricked people into thinking they were good because everything is edited on NXT.

Same shit happened to Finn Balor, Bayley and every other NXT alumni.
>>
They look like generic jobbers, pretty much like the rest of the roster.
>>
>>2590969
>Takeovers are edited
>>
File: 1481532713525.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481532713525.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
Maybe they ought to make SDL 3 hours too so they, along with the tag division, get more screen time.

Please don't hit me.
>>
they dont have the speaking skills to cut promos so no one is emotionally invested in them.

they for sure have the wrestling skills, they just need some charisma.
>>
File: Hello Ladies.jpg (157KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Ladies.jpg
157KB, 333x500px
>>2590975
>had good promos on NXT

>>2590975
JJ has one of the best physiques on the roster.
>>
They're fucking shit. They've been on the main roster for how long?

I've heard exactly zero promos from them
>>
>>2591746
>it's their fault they don't get promo time
>>
Their gimmick is they are both from America. Granted, this is more character development than most guys like seth rollins get
>>
>>2591766
>Divas quarentined to Raw
>Smack gets all the Tag action
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
>>
Just further proof that actual wrestling talent is the least important factor in being s good wrestler.
>>
>>2589278
>what went wrong?
the company who owns them isn't a wrestling company it's a mcmahon pushing company.
>>
>>2589278
also WWE don't give a fuck about tag wrestling
>>
>>2589278
wwe gives no shits about tag team storylines or divison and makes everyone look like shit with 50/50 booking
>>
File: 1485757962589.png (888KB, 800x581px) Image search: [Google]
1485757962589.png
888KB, 800x581px
>>2589281
>do great matches in NXT
>even a bunch of older wrestlers and announcers were saying they're the best by far
>get to Smackdown
>everyone's already seen their shit so nothing new
>they just die a slow painful death since no one's interested anymore

Didn't help that their feud was with the fucking Usos who are just death on any brand.
>>
>>2591832
Who the fuck did Alphas get on the main roster who can even hold a candle to Revival?
>>
>>2591835
Smackdown has a pretty poor tag team scene with Breezango, the Ascension, Usos, and Slater and Rhyno. Now they've got New Day...appearing as soon as Kofi gets back from injury.

Meanwhile RAW has the Revival, Cesaro and Sheamus, The Hardy's, as well as Gallows & Anderson.

there's just no one on Smackdown to really put on great matches with American Alpha who are a real tag team besides the Usos.
>>
>>2591848
Breezango might honestly be the best workers of the lot after the Alphas.
>>
>>2591850
They are but sadly they'll never receive a real opportunity at the titles and I guess creative just see them as a comedy duo. You just know American Alpha will probably win and continue this shitty feud with the Usos.
>>
>>2591853
Breezango literally just became #1 Contenders...
>>
>>2589278
Not creating a stable with them, Apollo Crews and manager Kurt Angle
>>
>>2591854
You really think they'll have Breezango beat American Alpha? beat the Usos?
>>
>>2591858
>beating them
>legitimate shot

These aren't the same thing...
>>
They haven't given them any mic time. Chad Gable is great and Jason feeds off him pretty well in promos
>>
>>2589278
They're boring college athlete guys, and NXT isn't a hard enough WWE entrance test. Should be repackaged as Team Angle 2.0 and be face enforcers of the GM (is that even a thing?). Not gonna happen since they're on Smackdown anyway
>>
>>2589278
They were always painfully generic, but anyone with "muh workrate" can get over at Full Sail. They remind me of 80's shitters that also never drew a dime.
>>
Jason Jordan is a bully in real life who cant actually perform any WWE moves. He comes off as an arrogant prick at the performance center according to some reports and Gable carried them until JJ performs a hot tag to his 3 moves of doom.

Gable needs to be let free of this awful tag team and go to 205live or the midcard
>>
>>2589357
>getting dwarfed by two jobbers

No wonder they failed
>>
>>2592647
>fake newz
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.