[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BBD > Okada, Because Meltz Says So!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: okadareigns.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
okadareigns.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
Since the beginning of 2016, these are the average match ratings of Roman Reigns and Kazuchika Okada.

Okada: 3.74 stars

Reigns: 3.75 stars

Discuss.
>>
match star ratings are based on a fictional metric made up in the mind of a 50 year old autistic man
>>
Okada has had multiple matches this year that were better than any match in Reigns entire career. The opposite is not true IMO. I like Okada more (although I think he's the Roman Reigns of Japan in that he gets a bigger push than I'd expect)
>>
File: 1486425871154.gif (2MB, 423x264px) Image search: [Google]
1486425871154.gif
2MB, 423x264px
>>2588590
>>
BASED
>>
>>2588590
Dave has an excell spreadsheet keeping track of his match ratings: autism.
>>
GOOKLOVERS BTFO
HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?
>>
>>2588596
According to Meltz, the last time Roman had a match that scored lower than three stars was over 3 years ago. Okada has had two sub-three matches in the last month.
>>
>>2588625
What did he give the Roman/Taker match?
>>
>>2588590
Excellent workmanship OP

Kenny Obetas Btfo
>>
KEK

WEEBS BETRAYED BY THEIR OWN GOD

BASED BIG DOG DOES IT AGAIN
>>
>>2588639
5,5*
>>
>>2588639
Three stars.
>>
Meanwhile, over here in reality, here's the average match ratings of Roman Reigns and Kazuchika Okada singles matches since the beginning of 2016.

Okada: 75.5 stars / 19 matches: 3.97 stars

Roman Reigns: 51.75 stars / 14 matches: 3.69 stars

It was clever of you to try and
A) Count all of those tag matches to give Okada a hugely higher match count than Roman and drag his average down.
B) Try and count two Royals Rumbles and Survivor Series for Roman.
>>
>>2588625
>Okada has had two sub-three matches

Yeah, because they were shitty multi-man tag matches. Those are always rated poorly.

Meanwhile, Roman's average is buffed with Survivor Series and Royal Rumble
>>
>>2588625
Which again baffles me that his matches against Triple H and Undertaker made it over 3 stars. And people say the guy has a bias against WWE.
>>
>>2588693
Following that system, here's a few other people for comparison.

Dean Ambrose: 54.75 stars / 14 matches (Not counting MITB, Survivor Series, or Elimination Chamber) - 3.91 stars
AJ Styles: 72.5 Stars / 19 (Not Counting EC or Survivor Series) - ~4 stars
Kenny Omega: 58 stars / 13 matches - 4.4 stars

Huh. Isn't that something?
>>
>>2588749
Huh, why it's almost as if Roman has a high star average star rating at first glance but all of his peers, especially the people he wrestles with, have much higher averages in as many or more matches.

It's ALMOST like his career has become an elaborate series of carryjobs.
>>
File: kevin-owens-byron-saxton.jpg (34KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
kevin-owens-byron-saxton.jpg
34KB, 642x361px
>>2588693
>>2588704

For the record, I didn't include either Royal Rumble, but I did include Survivor Series, since I was including Okada's multi-man tag matches.

It's also worth pointing out that, by >>2588693 's numbers, it's still remarkably close. If Roman had picked up a half point here or there, and I think there were some to be found, if he had been booked a little smarter and Meltz had given the ER match against Styles the five stars it deserved, he could have averaged 4 stars.

I'm actually not a Roman fan, but the point is that he's more than proven that he's a main event-level worker. I also happen to think that Okada is somewhat overrated.
>>
>>2588842
Dude, the finish at Extreme Rules was effin' stupid, it didn't deserve 5.

If he was booked better, sure, Roman's average rating might be higher than Okada but the whole problem with Roman and like 95% of the talent on Raw is that they're booked like shit and the crowd is against him by default.
>>
>>2588842
Meltzer has literally said himself he holds WWE and New Japan to different standards. WWE has much lower standards for him, so a 4 star match in WWE isn't a 4 star match in NJPW. More like 3. The comparison you're trying to make is retarded and you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: rainmaker.jpg (764KB, 797x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rainmaker.jpg
764KB, 797x1200px
Do the 2017 numbers
>>
>>2588590
also that would be a fantastic match

Okada is just big enough that Roman wouldn't struggle with him the way he does sometimes with larger guys
>>
>>2588944
>the finish at Extreme Rules was effin' stupid

You're thinking of Payback. ER had a little outside interference, but it would have been strange if it didn't, considering the build to the match.

At ER, AJ bumped like a crazy bastard, Roman looked like a beast (the way he should look normally), and they finished with a nice Phenomenal Forearm into a spear spot.
>>
>>2588967
If you just did singles matches off the top of my head, Okada would be like 6 + 4.75 + 5 + 5 / 4 and Roman would be 4.5 + 4 + 3 / 3.
>>
>>2588973
I'm sorry, I'm just never gonna get over "Styles Clash, kick out, Styles Clash on a chair, kick out, LOL1SPEAR". I get what they were going for and yeah I get that the Usos broke up the pin but him kicking out of two Styles Clashes and then pinning AJ with one finisher just kills that finish for me.

Either just have him kick out of the first Styles Clash,, then AJ tries to hit it on the chair but can't, then Roman hits the Spear, or have him get out of one Styles Clash on a chair with the Usos breaking it up, then have Roman hit the Spear. Doing both just pushes it into absurdity.

It's like at Fastlane when they were having a really good match, then Roman spends like 90 seconds in the Kimura, then eats a million chairshots and immediately stands up and Spears Dean for the pin.
>>
>>2588944
>If he was booked better, sure, Roman's average rating might be higher than Okada

By the way, you're kind of making my point for me here. Roman is forced to work a style that doesn't suit him, in feuds that don't make any fucking sense, and he brings home the goods.

Okada has an entire promotion built around him, is allowed to build his matches and feuds to his best possible advantage, can take risks that E guys would never be allowed to, and he still isn't running circles around Roman?
>>
Big doggetty BTFO by the only draw in WWMEME
>pic very related
>>
File: cry.gif (3MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
3MB, 300x169px
RAM ratings with big doggetty as top guy
>pic related
SmA+ckdown Live ratings without BMAJ
>pic also related
>>
>>2588970
>also that would be a fantastic match
call me when Roman get good moves
>SUPAMAN PUNCH
>SPEARR!!
Top worst finishers
>>
>>2589006
He actually has plenty of cool power moves that he for some reason never gets to fucking use.
>>
>>2589006
>goes for spear
>Okada evades and grabs the wrist

could be cool
>>
>>2589010
>no receipts
>>
>>2588592
>Omega carried the match
how to spot the pleb
>>
>>2588590

Superman punches, a hooohah and spears does not make for a fucking wrestling match.
>>
>>2589010
this is true but it had more to do with cena's absence
>>
>>2589017
>Big doggetty marks this delusional
RAM after Mania ratings after Jasethy win
>5.36 million
RAM ratings after Romanetty
>4.09 million
>>
>>2588991
Don't oversell it, dude, Roman is still in a position to constantly have the most important match on the card and work with the best talent in the company.
>>
>>2589021

Fuck Meltzer.

He's never even participated in the wrestling business what does that prick know?
>>
>>2589015
You sure about that, not even fucking Cesaro could squeeze a halfway decent match outta Enzo.

Dammit, now I want Cesaro vs. Roman or Cesaro vs. Okada.
>>
>>2588986
>him kicking out of two Styles Clashes and then pinning AJ with one finisher just kills that finish for me

These are things that AJ kicked out of in that match.

>back-dropped through an announce table
>crucifix/sitout powerbomb
>rag-dolled literally from pillar to post
>another powerbomb through another announce table
>superman punch off the top rope to the floor
>spear on the floor after Roman took a running start and jumped completely over the ring steps
>two superkicks and a top rope splash from the Usos in succession

If I'm supposed to believe that Okada can beat people with a simple (and frankly kinda lame) clothesline because he "works the neck" during his matches, why is it so hard to believe that AJ would lose after enduring all of that AND getting speared right out of the air?
>>
>>2589061
You're missing the point, I'm saying it's unequal. Why is Roman kicking out of AJ's finisher multiple times. It doesn't make Roman look better, it just makes the Styles Clash look weak. Money in the Bank the same year had a similar problem. Roman goes for a spear and Seth hits this amazing counter-Pedigree, but Roman kicks out. Seth has to tack on another Pedigree to win the match for no goddamn reason.

Or contrast the Cena/AJ matches. Sure, people complain about finisher kickout spam but at least it was equal. Cena kicked out of the Forearm and the Styles Clash but AJ kicked out of the AA and the Avalanche AA. At the end of the day, it made both guys feel like they were on the same level.
>>
how many 6 star matches does doggy have again?
>>
>>2589091
You're focusing way too much on the "finisher" aspect. That crucifix/sitout bomb straight into a cover looked more devastating than any spear Roman's ever thrown (his head was probably ten feet in the air when he started to come down), and AJ kicked out of it. The Usos basically hit him with three finishers in a row, and Roman made the cover pretty quickly, and AJ still kicked out.

And again, Roman didn't just spear him. He speared him right out of mid air. AJ was very, very well protected in that match, which is why he could go straight into a feud with Cena without missing a step.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 575x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 575x250px
>romarks and their insecurity about Okada

Reigns hasn't had a single match in his career better than Okada vs Shibata, or Okada vs Omega.
>>
>>2589167
Okada/Omega I'll give you, since that's legitimately one of the best matches ever, but Okada/Shibata seems to have taken on an air of preemptive nostalgia since Shibata almost died in the ring. Shibata/Goto and Shibata/Ishii were both more entertaining and didn't finish with a lame clothesline.

If Okada/Shibata was five stars, then so was Reigns/Bryan, the Fastlane triple threat, Reigns/Styles, and his Royal Rumble match with Owens. All excellent main events, not all-time classics.
>>
BASED BIG DOG WORKING THE SMARKS
>>
File: IMG_4282.png (9KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4282.png
9KB, 299x276px
Based Six Stars GOATkada Working The E Drones
>>
>>2588590
AJ Styles
>>
>>2589256
>His Royal Rumble match with Owens
You mean "another Roman no-selling all offense episode"?

I'll give you Styles/Reigns though
>>
>>2589387
>no-selling all offense

Ah... so you didn't actually see Okada/Shibata then?
>>
>>2588969
No, he's said the quality of matches is much higher in Japan on multiple occasions and match ratings reflect that.

The biggest thing to take into account here is that big dick dave doesn't really ever give out ratings for raw matches meaning Roman can have as many sub par matches on Raw as he wants but it doesn't matter.
>>
>>2589481
Okada barely made it out of that match, he was on offense and collapsing the second his surge ended. When the match was over Okada was out on the mat for like 5 minutes getting iced. Shibata tanked Okada's offense and Okada got BTFO multiple times and sold it well. Shibata dared Okada to give him his best shot and eventually that caught up with Shibata and Okada just barely scrapped by him.

You want to look at no selling at least you could've said Suzuki vs Okada, though, even then the whole point was him fighting through that shit to win, Suzuki taking too long to finish the match because he was more interested in hazing Okada.
>>
>>2589552
not like anybody gonna tell old man suzuki to end

match was at least 10 minutes too long though
>>
>>2588749

>Omega

This reminds me that Dave lost all credibility when he gave a six star rating to a match that wasn't even the best on the show.

Five stars is supposed to be PERFECT. The Okada/Omega match was obviously not, because that Dragon Suplex was botched about as bad as it could have been. That right there, for any credible reporter, would have been at LEAST half a star off for doing something so fucking stupid. It's because of stupid shit like that that guys feel they need to kill themselves with high impact, high angle head drops all the goddamn time to get over. Shit like that is a cancer unto wrestling, and that match should have been 4 stars at BEST.

And if I was running the promotion, I would have called both of them dumbshits and told them never to have an idea without my permission again.
>>
>>2589132

>That crucifix/sitout bomb straight into a cover looked more devastating than any spear Roman's ever thrown

That should really be Roman's finisher instead of the lolspear.
>>
Holy fuck BBD is really the GOAT
>>
>>2589531
>quality of matches is much higher in Japan

... but that's retarded. I watched Wrestle Kingdom. It was a bunch of very average wrestling matches that you could see literally anywhere, with three killer matches on top. Which, by the way, Meltz's ratings pretty much reflected.

If Meltz wants to say that NJ places a higher emphasis on putting on great main events for their big shows I'm not going to argue, but the idea that NJ is so far above WWE match-quality wise that they have to be graded on a curve is stupid.
>>
>>2589583
>It's because of stupid shit like that that guys feel they need to kill themselves with high impact, high angle head drops all the goddamn time to get over.

The strangest thing was when he was talking about Shibata's injury and said that guys should stop doing moves like that, even referencing that dragon suplex as a dumb idea.

I guess that's how he justifies in his head encouraging guys to go out there and kill themselves.
>>
>>2589009
> for some reason

he's too weak to use them on anyone other than cruiserweights
>>
>>2589728
yeah he struggled doing the crucifix thing with seth even
>>
>>2589676

I think I heard the show with Alvarez where he mentioned that, yeah.

You can't give a match with something so obviously, ADMITTEDLY wrong with it 5 stars, let alone six (which was a bullshit clickbait gimmick) and retain any credibility.
>>
>>2589583
BSSKOWTAS
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.