[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
What went wrong?
>>
3 Jannetys had to retire and 1 of thdm stayed in beautiful shape to cement himself as one of the goats and still wrestles and works the crowd.
>>
Nothing
>>
>>2582127
Nothing. I wasn't happy with the ending at the time to be honest, but it was actually a surprise and worked out great. Wwe is so predictable now
>>
>>2582127
Jericho was blatantly presented as a transitional champion and thus a joke from day one.
>>
>>2582127
WWE got desperate and made their first undisputed champion a confirmed anti-draw.
>>
either austin didn't want to job to triple h or triple h smartly figured he wouldn't be the babyface in that feud so he had to decide between the other two geeks and angle wasn't a geek so they gave it jericho and made him the Geek of all time

in hindsight one of the first times they really devalued the belt by giving it to a guy they didnt believe in which they do all the time now
>>
I haven't watched anything before or after it in that story, but I was really curious about the "HE BEAT STONE COLD AND THE ROCK IN ONE NIGHT" thing that kept coming up in current times, so I decided to go back and watch it and see how it went down cause that sounded extremely interesting.

The matches were all really good but they made it extremely clear Jericho had absolutely no business winning either of his matches. I had an idea that some shenanigans were up, but not to such a degree and it makes it pretty hard to take that particular boast seriously now.
>>
>>2582127
Jerichos reign afterwards, and the mediocre match at WM18

But nothing with the match and result itself
>>
File: triple-h-shovel.jpg (43KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
triple-h-shovel.jpg
43KB, 450x253px
>>2582199
So in other words, Triple H and Stephanie?
>>
>>2582184
Triple h had nothing to do with this, he was out with an injury.
>>
>>2582199
First mistake was closing the show after Rock vs Hogan

Second mistake was making it a hell in a cell match. No real bumps in that match so why make it a hell in a cell?

Third mistake was the buildup. No one really gave a shit about this match because it was a Triple H vs Steph feud which got magically fixed the next time Steph came back on TV.
>>
File: fusion.jpg (106KB, 600x832px) Image search: [Google]
fusion.jpg
106KB, 600x832px
>>2582127
I'm sick and tired of this shit you stupid faggots:

retarded shitstains posting threads that have no purpose and come along with "what went wrong?", "what did x mean by this?", "who was the jannetty". On other boards it's "now that the dust has settled..." "is x degenerate?" "how did x age" (referring to games)... and a huge etc... each board has its fucking cancer...

I'm tired of this shit, I'd like to punch each and everyone one of these stupid fucks in the face. Last day on this board, so long you miserable faggots.
>>
>>2582227
>Hell in a cell
What the fuck are you talking about?ï
>>
File: giphy-1.gif (465KB, 229x177px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-1.gif
465KB, 229x177px
>>2582227
>hell in a cell
>>
>>2582258
Be happy you've outgrown 4chens. Don't get mad at us. Enjoy the next phase of your life.

(p.s. see ya here tomorrow)
>>
>>2582223
the whole point was finding a transitional champ everybody hated so HHH could come back from injury as the biggest babyface and get his wrestlemania moment
>would get booed against rock but he was going against hogan anyway
>would get booed against austin so he ended up having a 7 minute nothing match with scott hall
>had heat with angle from when they feuded over stephanie until triple h nixed it and said it wasnt believable when really he was jealous of kurt's talent and the fact he got to the top in less than a year

so they picked jericho and even then they had to absolutely kill any momentum or credibility he had
>>
File: 1492053305853.jpg (22KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492053305853.jpg
22KB, 360x360px
>>2582227
>hell in the cell
Can You name all 23 drugs that you currently on right now?
>>
>>2582308
Don't really know for certain he would've got booed against Austin if Austin stayed heel and HHH would've been fresh. Austin was getting stale as fuck going into WM X8, that's why they turned him face again for Hall.

The original plan before HHH got hurt was for him to turn face on Austin and face him at Mania, I think they switched plans because of how much of a flop heel Austin was than anything on HHHs end.
>>
>>2582127

Jericho was put over cause none of the other three guys wanted to job to HHH at Wrestlemania.

>>2582223
>Triple h had nothing to do with this, he was out with an injury.

That's bullshit. He was actually cleared to wrestle before that PPV but Vince kept him off TV until the Rumble the next month to make him a surprise entrant and get a HUGH pop.

Everyone in the unification angle knew that HHH was going over at WM and Jericho was the low man out of the four in the company.
>>
>>2582359
even during austin's heel run he was being cheered, and I'm pretty sure this was at the height of his WHAT bullshit so there's no way Triple H was getting cheered over him, at best it would be 50/50 and why take that chance when jericho is a good company man and would eat hunter's shit at wrestlemania if he was asked to
>>
Stone Cold: broken neck still retired as a top-5 all time
Kurt Angle: won a gold medal with a broken freak in neck and is one of the greatest in ring performers to ever Grace the sport
The Rock: GOAT and is now one of the top actors on the planet and has been for a while
Y2J: basically the greatest all around wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots. Has other interests which he is successful in outside of wrestling.
>>
>>2582227
their hell in the cell match was the PPV after WM (or the one after that).
>>
>>2582453
>The literal greatest of all time stone cold only top 5 on a list that has Dwayne as #1

I'm very interested in knowing your entire top 5
>>
File: 1365106476070.jpg (34KB, 350x444px) Image search: [Google]
1365106476070.jpg
34KB, 350x444px
>>2582453
>basically the greatest all around wrestler to ever lace up a pair of boots

He's one of the greatest but hardly THE best.
>>
>>2582544
Rock
Hogan
Stone Cold
Macho Man
Y2J
>>
>>2582452
>even during austin's heel run he was being cheered

The fans were getting Austin fatigue, heel Austin wasn't getting booed but he wasn't getting pops either (huge Rock pops/Hogan pops) and his days of having great matches were gone, it was just whatever with him at that point.

I don't think they would've booed HHH if he went against that Austin, the crowd would've just been neutral like they were for Jericho/HHH Mania match.
>>
>>2582554
Who could do it all better than jericho?
>>
>>2582686
Jericho has always been overrated in the ring, even in his prime. Never had a great match when he was in the Main Event scene. Great on the mic and god tier charisma tho.
>>
>>2582686
Jericho was good on the mic but usually mediocre in the ring.
>>
>>2582743
That's fair but I still stand by what I said about him being the best all around performer. He was terrible at nothing and great at everything except being the top guy for some weird reason. I remember being excited as a kid when he became undisputed champion and kinda let down the way it turned out. You could make the argument he is the top guy on raw these days though and dude is 45.
>>
>>2582149
JeriGOAT
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.