[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No memes, post your honest thoughts about The Shield and its members.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
No memes, post your honest thoughts about The Shield and its members.
>>
>>2573056
Dean is the lowest tier, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1491544613698.jpg (59KB, 673x528px) Image search: [Google]
1491544613698.jpg
59KB, 673x528px
The Shield-pretty good
Ambrose Roman Rollins? Absolutely fucking awful, the cancer of the company. Ambrose has the potential to be the most entertaining but ironically he is the one the moneky booking team hates the most.
>>
>>2573056
Dean is the best talker by a distance, and has the most potential if he tried
Roman has sharpened into a good, consistent worker, has good mannerisms, but can't talk one fucking bit
Seth is somehow even worse of a speaker than Roman, and can't even wrestle well anymore.
Just fire Seth, pay Dean half of what he's getting to make him try, and keep the BBD ride going.
>>
Seth and H had the best storyline/match at Mania 33
Dean is just Dean idk I think he's funny
Roman is pretty vanilla but I like the amount of heat he gets from the crowd which makes every time he's on screen must-watch to me
>>
>>2573056
All mediocre and boring
>>
>>2573056
The shield was pretty good as a stable, but right now Seth is an horrible face, Roman is a massive flop and Dean could be good if he wasn't lazy
>>
The Shield was great. Their matches with Evolution are incredible, the latter has one of my favorite finishes ever.

The three guys as singles are all very talented but have been badly misused.

Dean has been misbooked so many times, his window is basically closed and it's obviously his effort has gone down to match it. You can't really blame him, if they're not gonna push the dude seriously, why try your hardest?
Seth's face/heel dynamic is completely out of whack and it all traces back to them refusing to bring him back heel after the injury. It was all downhill for Seth from there.
With Roman they've literally worked themselves into thinking that as long as they get a reaction, it's a good thing and it means the guy is over.
>>
>>2573056
I'd have booked a year long Wyatts vs Shield feud for either 2016 (finishing this past WM) or this year (obvs to finish at 2018 WM).

Instead we got Borton in teh Wyatts and fucking Super Roman
>>
>>2573056
Boring as solo acts
>>
Great as a stable and hid all of their flaws. On their own, they show how medicore they all are and are the cancer of the WWE.
>>
2015 seth>dean>roman
2017 roman>seth>dean
>>
I don't think I've ever seen a clearer example of a stable of wrestlers that are so fucking based as a group, yet are so fucking shit as individuals.
>>
Decent stable that was broken up too soon. Awful solo "Stars" that haven stolen entirely too much TV time and have killed viewership. Thought Dean was the best in the actual Shield but now he's a bum. All garbage and would mark out if they got fired and/or died.
>>
The Shield was great all the way until it split up. Roman Reigns immediately went to shit right after. Rollins and Ambrose were on a good program coming off the split, but they ended up both going way down as well.
>>
>>2573056

With absolutely no memes

The shield is the best stable of recent years and all members have been successful. Seth is by far the most talented member of the group but is better as a heel. I would like to see him as an arrogant yet ultra talented heel rather than a chickenshit heel but oh well. Roman is better in the ring than most give him credit for and he is a very marketable face of the company. He has a lot of flaws in that he is over reliant on the superman punch and spear when he can do a lot more and I feel he is booked too strongly. Ambrose is fucking boring. I don't understand where his fanbase comes from he genuinely isn't entertaining. I think the best example of this is his match against Brock, he managed to have a boring match which involved a chainsaw and barbed wire bat while being built as the hardcore successor to Foley. I don't buy him saying it was Brock blocking his ideas and being lazy when Brock had GOAT matches with Cena and the triple threat with Cena and Rollins, I think Dean is just dull.

In my opinion

1. Seth
2. Roman
3. Dean
>>
>>2573148
They weren't broken up too soon. There was literally nothing else for them. They were broken up at the perfect time.

The problem is what came after the break up.
>>
>>2573056
Seth: Colby is legit good , love his matches at ROH
Dean: Absolute lazy , he nees to lift more and get his shit together
Roman: Like someone is pushing a kid so much that people got tired about it. Remember when Roman was cheered? and he totally blew it up? He is the most green one and i think he need to be outside of the WWE to learn more about how to be a good wrestler and learn how to cut good promos.
>his finisher is a gay punch
>>
>>2573162

Brock-CM Punk was better than both imo. Brock seems to only want to "work" for guys he likes. Ambrose is a boring joke now regardless though.
>>
>>2573162
The reason why Brock blocked that stuff when he normally wouldn't is because he wanted to get ready for that UFC fight. Blaming Dean for his WM match with Brock is insanity.
>>
3 Janetty losers.

Dean has lost his physique and his antics stopped being zany when he started repeating them every week.

Roman is a flop Vince can't accept but if he demotes him (or the usos or nia fats,) The Rock will stop making appearances. Two moves.

Seth is an unsafe worker who broke Cena's nose, retired Sting with a move tailor-made to dislodge vertebrae, then put the first universal champion on the sidelines for a year with the same fucking move. On top of injuring better draws, he is prone to injury. Whiny voice, 5.5"... Made the mistake of befriending HHH. He will now be locked in a feud with HHH for years because HHH needs newer talent to associate with to stay in the spotlight.

They are all Janetty but Seth fucked up the most by letting HHH drag him down.
>>
>>2573065
Stunning Steve buried Ambrose on his podcast.
>>
>>2573056
shield was good

seth>roman>dean
>>
Ambrose was the only one worth a shit before he stopped caring.

Reigns could have been something if WWE knew how to book.

Rollins sucks asshole.
>>
As a group, the Shield were really fucking good but didn't have a ton of memorable matches until the last 6 months or so. They covered each other's weaknesses.

Stand alone, Seth is the best in ring but Dean and Roman have potential to be just as good. Dean is the by far the best promo when he doesn't have to play le wacky lunatic. I'd say Dean has the most potential to be memorable if they book him right
>>
Roman is the only one worth a fuck.
>>
>>2573065
This desu.

What's amazing is HOW WELL The Shield were booked. Super strong heels who chased chaos and made the biggest crowd creations and got everyone pumped whenever their music hit, because you knew someone was going to get shrekt.

Their booking since is like WWE are trying to do a showcase of the ways booking can retardedly kill people's careers.
>>
Roman Reign is the only good one, he is an actual GOAT already.

Seth Rollins is fucking irredeemable dog shit, a legitimate worst of all time on the mic and a complete charisma vacuum. After his injury he isn't even good in the ring any more, hes boring as fuck in and out of the ring.

Dean used to be ok when he actually used to lift and didnt cut awful shit loony promos and botch every match he was in. Fucking terrible now. WOAT and deserved to be on the pre show of wrestlemania. Instead of proving Vince wrong and trying and putting on a good match like Neville and Jinder Mahal did, he put on his average shit Dean Ambrose match and proved everyone right. It's clear he doesn't give a single fuck, he doesn't even lift any more.
>>
File: 1472094242600.gif (756KB, 254x224px) Image search: [Google]
1472094242600.gif
756KB, 254x224px
>>2573056
Like Seth Rollins, pretty good on the mic, good seller and has a nice array of moves. His pedigree is garbage though and he needs to drop it ASAP.

Roman Reigns has literally nothing going for him besides his look, garbage in ring and on the mic.

Dean is the ultimate Jannetty, WOAH SO CUHRAAAAHZEEE MAN number #1231515. His dumb rope clothesline thing is my least favourite move of all time.
>>
The group: pretty good, interesting marches and all of them were relevant. Dean: the talker and leader, Seth: the Smart one and second talker, Roman: the strenght and the one who connected more with the crowd.

Separated: Seth's heel run was good actually but now he is a horrible and boring face.
Roman: awful at the beggining but has improve in ring Quality. Needs a heel turn.
Dean: from 2015 boring as fuck, stupid gimmick. The man has potential but he's lazy.
>>
>>2573056

I always hated The Shield. Basically I was watching, Shield became over, and I took a break from the 'E for a bit.

They always seemed like a talentless, directionless stable who got over based on their entrance and attire.

WWE completely fucked up after they split the group, Ambrose was always positioned as the singles star/leader figure (US Title run) and he should've gotten the initial push vs. Rollins. I also never really understood why Ambrose and Reigns had nothing to do with each other after the split either. Could've tagged for awhile. Tag team division sucked then too and they could've been useful.

As individuals, none of them have much personality.

I love Ambrose until he starts wrestling. The Dirty Deeds is an ugly ass and unremarkable finisher that I barely recognize until the announcer yells "Dirty Deeds!".

Reigns is a fucking meme who got pushed way to hard way to early. He's a smug asshole on the mic, Vince seems to want me to love someone who is fundamentally unloveable and absolutely joyless in his delivery and performance. Reigns can have a good match though. Should drop either the Spear or the Superman Punch. They're both running/attacking finishers. Reigns needs an actual grappling finisher.

Rollins is a mess. It's like he has no fucking clue how to wrestle as a heel or talk as a face. Since his return his matches have sucked. His voice sounds like a heel. It's got this higher-pitched, sniveling nasal quality that won't go away. The problem is if you turn him heel and he starts having those matches that he can have, with jumps off the top rope, double powerbombs, the crazy RKO-spot, he's gonna get that respect from the crowd - yet he still can't talk. Even though his heel title run was a ratings killer, I'd be interested to see what would happen is he was vs. AJ Styles or a similar face that people actually give a shit about.
>>
>>2573596
>It's like he has no fucking clue how to wrestle as a heel or talk as a face.
I didn't even realize it until you said it but this is kind of the core of the problem with Rollins.

His in-ring and out-of-ring charisma pull him in completely opposite directions. I can't think of anybody else with that problem.
>>
>>2573600
Christian, to a lesser degree. Better in the ring as a face, better as a heel in every other way. Difference is he was still at least good either way.
>>
>>2573600
It's like the opposite of Neville. Neville can do awe-inspiring, high risk flippy stuff yet he doesn't and he tells you youre not deserving of it. Neville's way works and Rollins way doesn't seem to.
>>
why the fuck is seth so uninteresting in the ring now? is he scared to injure himself again or has he just not had a good opponent for a while?
>>
Dean should hit the weights and stop phoning it in, he had potential. Roman should lose the vest and gain mic skills. Seth is a mess all around. None of them can go in the ring. Glad they're all contained on RAW.
>>
Roman is easily the best worker but I'm not invested into his character at all

Ambrose could be the next Foley if they'd try

Rollins couldve been so much better if they didnt push him as a coward Heel, and since he returned he's just been a tad bit bland, even during his feud with HHH.
>>
File: Deano.jpg (136KB, 528x758px) Image search: [Google]
Deano.jpg
136KB, 528x758px
>>2573114
>Dean has been misbooked
fucking this
He should've stayed in his Shield version, where he was more calculating and intense with his promos

'Crazy Dean' just doesn't cut it unless you go full on Brian Pillman and just let Dean cut his own promos
>>
>>2573056
I like them all. Some more than others.

>Ambrose
>Reigns
>gap
>Seth
>>
Roman: I like him he's got tons of potential but he is given shit promos and needs to find his own character to become a true GOAT
Ambrose: boring in ring. His lunatic gimmick is kinda just implied rather than used. Basically he's a disillusioned drunk who stopped trying.
Rollins: Keeps injuring people. Subpar promo. Not a guy I care to see in the main event scene.
>>
>>2573521
>has potential but he's lazy
Not true, he's just being misbooked/mismanaged and micro-managed up the ass, given promos that he had no input it
>>
>Ambrose
One of the better promos that WWE has right now. However even then, he's average as a talker, and his comedic persona does nothing but hurt his credibility and make me groan. It's part of a larger issue that Dean seems to resent his character or at least remain removed from it, he doesn't buy into the crazy gimmick and take advantage ala Mankind. He needs to have a watershed moment like the promos that Foley had with Jim Ross that really show vulnerability so that people actually give a shit about his character and matches. Which is ironic considering the Austin podcast essentially exposed that Dean is scared about revealing anything about his personal life.
Speaking of his matches, terrible formulaic and lazy. I know the guy works every fuckin show but it's clear that he couldn't give a fuck about developing any offense or learning how to throw a punch. His look is deteriorating, he's going bald. It's just a disaster.

>Rollins
Hasn't had a good match in ages. Botched face turn aside, the guy cannot talk, and his character is confused. He's tepid at best with fans and doesn't capitalise. I think he has the most potential because he has a "cool factor" that can translate to a modern audience without alienating fans. But he needs to be better at talking and figure out where his character is.

>Roman
Great look, getting better at promos, but dull as fuck monotone character that is quite frankly outdated.
>>
>>2573163
>There was literally nothing else for them.
They didn't even have a proper feud with the Wyatts. Cut your revisionist bullshit.
>>
>>2573056
Seth GOATllins - Dope
Broman BAEigns - Dope
Dean Ambrose - Nope
>>
>>2573613
Yeah, when Neville turned heel, I was like "well this is never gonna work", then he just went and completely fucking changed his in-ring style and it completely worked. Shows you how ridiculously talented and intelligent Neville is. Still feel like Neville should be a tweener though because he's kinda got the AJ Styles problem -- he's just too talented for you to not cheer him.

>>2573619
He hasn't really had a good opponent since he stopped feuding with Owens.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.