[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE never had a five star ma.....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: WCWK1.jpg (94KB, 512x385px) Image search: [Google]
WCWK1.jpg
94KB, 512x385px
>>
-tch
>>
>>2566696
WWE needs to have another one of these with all twenty titles
>>
>>2566696
That's a four star match
>Dwayne
>Steve
>Shane
>Carder
>>
attitude era unironically had the worst match quality on average than any other point in the last 20 years of wwe. if it weren't for GOAT dime drawers it'd be worse than the 80's.
>>
>>2566696
Who drew the least dimes here?
>>
>>2566889
No one cares about MUH MATCH QUALITY, fucking loser. 3-star matches with great personalities, great atmosphere, great commentary, and a great build are all you need.
>>
>>2566889
New Generation was far worse

>implying 80s WWF was bad

Actually watch shows
>>
>>2566901
>lists several factors that determine match quality
>uses snowflakes as a measurement anyway

Dumbfuck.
>>
>>2566889
WrestleMania 14 and SummerSlam '98 have one 4-star match COMBINED and they are two of the greatest shows of all time.

>workrate marks
>BTFO
>>
>>2566909
None of those factors are used by current wrestling fans, as seen by the enormous amount of 4+ star matches that have happened recently.

I absolutely agree that those things should be a major factor, but modern wrestling fans seem to think anything with counters and kickouts is 4+ stars (thanks Dave)
>>
>>2566904
New Generation was fucking awesome. Completely shits on the current product.
>>
>>2566914
>le "blaming Meltzer" meme

New Japan has some of the most protected finishers in the world.

>Poster count hasn't gone up since my original post about The New Generation
>>
>>2566917
kek the only difference is matches get allowed to be better now

Go back and watch KOTR 1995 son
>>
>>2566893
Jericho
>>
>>2566922
The majority of standards for professional wrestling have been espoused by Meltzer. Even if you think you aren't influenced by Meltzer, you are. He has largely determined what is "good work" and what is "bad work" for 30 years.
>>
>>2566925
KOTR 95 > Ultimate Thrill Ride
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>2566901
>no one cares about muh match quality

wrong, i do.
how does it feel to get BTFO?
>>
>>2566934
Do you really believe that?
>>
>>2566696
What they fuck the WWF side has two wrestlers from the WCW and Dwayne The Johnson has the WCW belt. The WCW side has Kurt Angle and Steve Austin who beat the WCW out of the building and Steve hates the WCW because he is was fired and he is WWF champion
>>
>>2566940
Maybe.
>>
>>2566931
Yes, crowds enjoying matches is really all that devil Meltz's fault.

>>2566938
>IP count didn't increase
>>
>>2566944
Crowds ONLY caring about a guys WORKRATE is the problem.
>>
>>2566944
The obsession with 4+ star matches has had a significant negative impact on the biz. Every guy tries to have an epic every time in the ring.
>>
>>2566948
>blaming the crowds for WWE having WOAT character work
>>
>>2566953
>Every guy tries to have an epic every time in the ring.

I had to go as far as "the current WWE World Champ" to debunk this. ;^)
>>
>>2566961
Brock isn't a mark. He's one of the few who HAS A CLUE.
>>
>>2566944
>he has no argument
>>
>>2566941
Reminder that Steve also represented ECW as their main guy at the first ONS.

He cucked the shit out of The Sandman.
>>
>>2566967
'sup Wolfcuc
>>
>>2566978
Sup
>>
>>2566941
18+ for not keeping track of the GOAT angle
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.