[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JKD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Sup /asp/ies, I have a question.

I recently started with JKD, after a few years of Sanda and southern CMA.
In Sanda, you punch with the elbow lifted, similar to western boxing, while in JKD you keep the elbow in the centerline and twist the hip (see second pic). That should (!) make your punch incredibly fast, but I just don´t seem to get it.
Wat do? How to train striking like this?

Also, general JKD bread. Of you who practiced it, can you recommend it? Is it really helpful?
>>
File: [Fist with Hip-Twist].png (21KB, 1456x2040px) Image search: [Google]
[Fist with Hip-Twist].png
21KB, 1456x2040px
>>2566263
Second pic, green is my body and my feet, right arm at the front, with hip twist and the direction of the right arm (red line on the right).
>>
>>2566263
Man is this is going to be off topic af. But it's crazy reading that your JKD school is teaching you to punch differently. The core fundation of JKD is learning styles and working with what's best for you. Now they teach a cookiecutter style?
>>
>>2566333
>cookiecutter
What´s cookiecutter about direct line striking? Also, I thought JKD is about fast and powerful striking and evading/misdirecting incoming attacks?
>>
sup. im an aspiring professional wrestler. i started a JKD class with hope that i learn more to propel me to where i want to go in life. im pretty worried since my trainer/sensei told me that i needed to stop smoking weed. now im the type of person that gets anxiety when i dont smoke. is there an alternative to rest my mind before training or am i eternally screwed?
>>
>>2567159
OP here, I picked up meditating.
It´s really hard to pull off, but if you manage to get control over your breathing and more complex thoughts, it really calms you down.
Maybe you can ask your Shifu about that, he should know some Qi-Gong or classic Lotus meditation.
>>
Been wanting to try out jkd I've been doing enshin karate for a year but I've been wanting to try a different style to see how I could apply sabaki in a different context. There's only 1 school here in denver that teaches it with full contact sparring do you guys think it looks legit? http://www.jkdcolorado.com
>>
>>2567159
Cognitive behavioral therapy. Classical condition.
>>
>>2567657
Wtf do I know? Go there, maybe request a spar session or something, to test it out.
You can recognize McDojos very fast, if you put your mind to it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.