[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this, E Drones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: LiteralEDrones.jpg (88KB, 1199x665px) Image search: [Google]
LiteralEDrones.jpg
88KB, 1199x665px
>One of the things that (Justin) Roberts confirms here that you hear very often is that WWE really does prey on people who want to get inside the company out of a long term fandom to take advantage of that. Like they deliberately target hires who are "marks" for the business with this whole "Well this is your life long dream why would you want to work anywhere else?" mantra that to give you the perception that it's an atmosphere surrounded by a mutual obsessive love of wrestling that is exactly how you always imagined it. And then only then you actually show up and you find out the management is constantly making excuses for what they do, wants to distance themselves from it as much as possible, and even some of the talent will deliberately think of you as a mark they can take advantage of because you came in wanting to experience the business as a fan they used to fleece.

>Oh, and that business about deliberately telling him NOT to pop the crowd at the beginning of shows because the crowd only has so many pops to give and he's "trying to get himself over" is mental. Even outside of wrestling I can't think of a single form of live entertainment that doesn't start with somebody else (even if its over a loudspeaker) trying to pop the crowd for an easy "AREN'T YOU EXCITED TO BE HERE?" reaction. And I doubt that guy on stage gets yelled at by somebody on crew that "Hey, nobody's hear to see you!"
>>
>this entire wall of text
>none of it is about Jinder
>>
>>2559673

Disgusting tbqhfam

And you look at the WWE fanbase and you wonder why they're actual subhumans and then you understand why
>>
>>2559673
based Vince working the independent contractors into a lifetime of servitude
>>
>>2559684
Nice seethe
>>
>>2559673
Everything you just said is entirely sensible from a business standpoint.

Why you don't want the announcer to announce every fucking match like its the main event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhgRkNftqc0

And fuck mark employees. They are literally just happy to be there and haven't bothered paying dues in lower levels of the industries that GIVE YOU SAVVY.

Protip: if you tip your hand that you're getting something out of your job beyond money (i.e. you mark out for a specific company), you give your employer license to deduct as much as they can get away with from your pay.
>>
>>2559733
Protip: that's illegal
>>
>>2559789
>Amerifat NEET doesn't understand basic worker rights
>brings up communism outta fucking nowhere
>>
>>2559842
I'm from a capitalist nation dipshit, only difference is we have actual worker rights and basic healthcare.

>country that literally went to war over slavery
>doesn't give one shit about basic worker rights
>>
>>2559869
>Still sermonizing about worker's rights
>Still can't say what "right" was violated
Your country being bound in bubble-wrap is not something to brag about. Enjoy your Syrians.
>>
>>2559905
kek imagine believing workers having basic rights like minimum wage is "bubble-wrap"

You can't underpay somebody without a legitimate reason, dipshit. And since he's on a contract he'd need to agree to pay terms.

Get a job.

>knowing so little of world affairs he assumes everywhere is adjacent to Syria
>>
>>2559673
>>2559673
If rumors are to be believed, shouldn't this be an easy fix? Just tell Vince he's a bitch and to fuck off and then he'll respect you.
>>
>>2559954
>all this edgy /pol/ buzzwords

You throw out "bumpkin" too when I'd be amazed if you've even been further than a hour away from your hometown.

>>Implying "They are willing to accept less money" isn't a legitimate reason to pay someone less money.

Didn't imply shit.

>fans are willing to be paid less

But that's wrong, dummy.
>>
I know this is incredibly fucked up on my part but I honestly can't wait for Vince to die so some of this same old shit will change in WWE

I'm not saying things would necessarily be better under Stephanie/Triple H.......but at least things will be DIFFERENT
>>
there's a pretty high chance that Justin Roberts is a total prick and deserved to be bullied because everyone hates him

notice we only ever get his side of the story
>>
>>2559983
Vince used to be on top of it, but he can't quite gather that the business has changed and that his model of doing things is what's slowly killing the WWE as a whole.

They're coasting on name recognition alone.

>>2559986
There's also the possibility that he's 100 percent right and they refuse to engage him because they know any investigation into the matter would probably dredge up worse shit that they couldn't walk off.
>>
>>2559985
>Cuckterposting

Gonna need a source on anybody signing a contract for less money 'cause they're a fan.

>getting this mad
>>
>>2560008
So you have no argument whatsoever? Explains why you ignored the part about the contracts the first time. ^_^

>then eurofag would probably still be pissed, but needs to grow up twice as badly.

Wow you really are so far off into the deep end, aren't you?
>>
>>2560016
Holy shit amerilard btfo
>>
>>2560034
>no u

Holy shit that's fucking embarrassing.

I like the part where you're convincing yourself that you "won" a non-argument by debunking your own hypothetical.

>anybody who disagrees with me is the same person

Sweet paranoia bud.
>>
>>2560050
Protip: when some faggot stops arguing and starts whining about how you "didn't win the argument", you didn't win the argument, you blew him the fuck out.

Also, you samefag, whine, and emotiocon like a tumblr faggot.
You'd be more comfortable there.
>>
>>2560061
Protip: good thing I'm not doing that, huh?

You seem awfully knowledgeable about Tumblr as well...
>>
>>2560061
>>2560076
Will you fags just kiss already? Hijacked whole thread just to make eyes at each other.
>>
>>2560050
You lost the argument convincingly 2bh.
>>
>>2560113
>poster count didn't go up
>>
File: 1383926482666.png (4KB, 457x115px) Image search: [Google]
1383926482666.png
4KB, 457x115px
>>2560137
>>
>>2560145
charge your phone
>>
>>2560158
Using a phone would make the poster count go up, idiot.
>This from the guy who accused me of paranoia for calling out a painfully obvious samefag
>>
>>2560175
kek you're actually him? Even more pathetic than I thought.
>>
>>2560190
>That's pathetic.... because reasons....
We're reaching levels of btfo that shouldn't even be possible!
>>
>>2560196
m8 I've been letting you rant on about the commie Euro fag nigg for hours

>too illiterate to use an ellipsis properly

fucking American'ts
>>
>>2560207
*upvotes*
>>
>>2559673
Not a drone but I simply don't believe the whole paying marks shit wages thing. I've never heard about any of this until Roberts' book. Plus, WWE is filled with people that work there only because WWE is the only company that CAN pay them. Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Asuka, Samoa Joe, The Hardy's. These are all stars that famously walked away from big contacts because they weren't enough money.

As for not popping the crowd, I've been to live events and Lillian Garcia was on the mic the whole night telling people to pop. Shit, Ricardo Rodriguez's whole shtick was getting people hyped for Del Rio.

WWE is shitty in a lot of ways but Roberts sounds like a whiney faggot.
>>
>Timothy Well
kys
>>
>>2559733
>Why you don't want the announcer to announce every fucking match like its the main event:

Except the guy got in trouble for introducing The Rock a certain way in like his first WWE title match in a decade or something.
>>
>>2560050
Nah you definitely lost.
>>
>>2560355
Did you watch the video? (its short, c'mon)
If the crowd seriously pops just for your entrance, then turn around and go back behind the curtain, cuz they're done.

I wouldn't turn it into a full-on reprimand, but an announcer has one job, and he needs to understand that shit, not just have an "announcer voice".
>>
>>2559733
>Think of your favorite match
>You only remember the finish
Every time somebody links one of this guy's videos, he's sayin' some stupid shit.
>>
>>2560390
The very next thing he says is "and maybe a few spots".
You add that and its true, unless you have autism.
>>
>>2559733
Al Snow is forever angry that he never got over
>>
>>2560402
I get the point, that the finish is the most important part of the match and if you don't stick the landing, the rest of the match doesn't matter, but he said it in a really stupid way.

The biggest pop at WrestleMania 33 was the Hardys coming out before a match, so apparently, them winning the fucking championships was a waste of time.
>>
>>2560413
Emotionally speaking, there was a lot of stuff at WM33 that was a waste of time, cuz it just went on SO LONG that the audience was beyond dead by the end.
>>
>>2560431
Not gonna disagree there.

Frankly it's amazing that they still managed to react when Undertaker was kicking out of those spears.
>>
>>2559733
You guys are really committed to this anti-smark gimmick. The ability to constantly pull something out of your ass in an attempt to counter any argument against WWE is astounding. I applaud the consistency.
>>
>>2560495
You guys need to decide on a meaning for "anit-smark". Cuz I think "smart mark" is pure fan masturbation, but what would that have to do with defending WWE, or shitting on cruiserweights (which is the opposite of what I do, personally).
>>
>>2560431
Why don't they just split 'mania in two nights? shorter shows and they can actually say they have multiple main events
>>
>>2560556
What was actually smart (that they should maybe do again) is that they at one point had 'mania in three different locations at once. (with the action at the other locations shown on the big screens)

Most people wouldn't really go for the "sitting in the arena, watching TV" thing, so you'd still have a hot crowd for both events, which would be shorter. (at the cost of higher overhead for running a double event)
>>
>>2559673

desu WWE 's fanbase has slowly been dwindling. The hardcore fans are starting to turn their backs on the company for different feds, and the casuals they're bringing in will grow tired of the company and unsubscribe, when their free trial is up
>>
>>2559733
That video was the gayest shit I ever heard. Literally Al "job squad" Snowetty making up bullshit to sound like his retarded metaphors make sense. When I "pop" for somebody at an event, be it a band or wrestler or whatever, I never said, "well damn, I got excited too early, now I can't be excited for the rest of the night". Absolutely stupid.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.