[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is he the biggest phony draw of all-time? I think we all know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: sting.jpg (77KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
sting.jpg
77KB, 642x722px
is he the biggest phony draw of all-time? I think we all know that it was Hogan and Goldberg drawing the dimes..
>>
Goldberg and Flair where the A level draws for WCW

Hogan was B level with Savage and Sting
>>
>ITT: /wwe/ Network babby doesn't know WCW existed years before Nitro
>>
File: Mortician.jpg (125KB, 400x400px)
Mortician.jpg
125KB, 400x400px
>>2559338
Biggest phony
>>
File: 1823919129.png (342KB, 579x483px) Image search: [Google]
1823919129.png
342KB, 579x483px
>>2559342
>Flair was an A draw
>Hogan was a B draw
>>2559355
>LE EDRONE !
get a clue. STINK was not a draw
>>
File: meltzer.jpg (43KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
meltzer.jpg
43KB, 660x400px
>>2559376
Dave Meltzer on Hulk Hogan's drawing power

>Hogan was a big draw for more years than Austin. But Austin's grosses were so huge that his few years were bigger than all of Hogan's put together. The profit margin in Austin's best year was more than the total profit margin, in fact, significantly more, between 1984 and 1992, which was the entire Hogan WWE era. Just so this isn't misinterpreted. WWF profits from 1984-92 were about $40-45 million total. Best single year was $6 million. Profits were never less than $56 million each year from 98-99 through 00-01.

>Hogan's coming didn't turn WCW around. Nitro did and a roster that had more star power than any roster in history. In WCW's best year and hottest period, Goldberg was the draw. When WCW was doing those 30,000 fan Nitros, Hogan was doing one of his retirements and the company was doing its biggest house show business ever without him.

>Hogan didn't draw that well at house shows in WCW until the entire company itself was on fire, and then they were drawing with him and without him. Hogan was never close to the man when it came to WCW's big period of ratings. Goldberg and Flair moved the audience the most consistently. Hogan was good, but he was second tier with Savage.
>>
>>2559338
No. The biggest phony draws are Wreck Flair and Undercarder
>>
>>2559380
>le meltz
>>
>>2559380
>Flair moved the audience the most consistently
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

WCW was a money hole in the early 90s when Flair was THE MAN. Their average tv rating was like a 1.9
>>
>>2559380
When does he talk about how if not for Hogan, Hall and Nash, Flair would still be making a mockery of himself with shit like the shockmaster, or how WCW had 8 foot tall mummies closing shows?
>>
>>2559391
Flair didn't even wrestle in WCW for half of the early 90s.
>>
>or how WCW had 8 foot tall mummies closing shows?

This was during the Hogan era.
>>
>this thread
>no one has said 18+ yet
this board is dead
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>2559338
>biggest phony draw of all-time

I thought we had this match last year.

>the only draw in this picture is the candybar
>>
>>2559380
Meltz is such a dingus
>uh well yeah, YA KNOW NITRO AND YEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Nitro just gave Hogan the prime-time platform he needed to be drawing 40k gates and 5.0 ratings.
>>
>>2559338
18+
>>
>>2559393
>>2559391
>>2559388
>>2559400
literally quoting the numbers and you virgins still larping kevin sullivan
>>
>>2559380
I watched WCW for Hogan
>>
>>2561517
I won't say that I watched specifically for Hogan, but it was for the NWO angle, until the split.
>>
18+
>>
File: Mitchell Starr.jpg (151KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mitchell Starr.jpg
151KB, 400x400px
Ripping off a combo of Goldust and Ric Flair
>>
>hogan

>draw in WCW

top FUCKING kek nigger. biggest crock of shit i've seen
>>
>hulk "when the playoffs are on tnt i shant be" hogan
> a draw in wcw

Goldberg Flair nwo wolfpack and the first run of nwo were the draws
>>
I thought Sting was the "next guy" after Flair in Jim Crockett/early WCW
>>
>>2559380
He could be right, but I don't see the Nitro deal getting inked without a name like Hogan's on the roster.
>>
>>2562026
He was supposed to be but when he won the title in 1990 he wasn't drawing so the belt went back to Flair

Sting didn't become a draw until TNA
>>
>>2559338

Holy fuck, show your age more faggot

Black and white Sting was the biggest draw WCW ever had, with early Goldberg being a close second
>>
>>2561144

He quoted numbers on Goldberg, not Flair. Lumping Flair in as one of the company's biggest draws seems fucking stupid.

If you're gonna give Flair credit for the big numbers in the late 90's, you've also gotta deduct points for the pre-Hogan years when he was the top guy and they were barely staying afloat
>>
>>2562203

>Sting didn't become a draw until TNA

Might be the dumbest fucking idea I've ever seen on this board
>>
>>2561144
The numbers are the result of a year long build from Hogan/nWo. Only a complete retard would pick the culmination of those numbers and use the guy at the top during that culmination and credit him for it.

Goldberg was exposed and could never draw those numbers again. Talk about fraud. And Hogan was such a huge draw, he built the entire brand that it was enough to get people to watch house shows without him even being there.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.