[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the greatest moment in WWE history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: braun.png (534KB, 796x537px) Image search: [Google]
braun.png
534KB, 796x537px
Was this the greatest moment in WWE history?
>>
no. supermarket fight and big bosman crashing the big show's dad's funeral are.
>>
>>2549720
This and reigns crowd reaction after mania raw are both historic.
>>
>>2549720
That's not Mick Foley getting murderslammed from the top of the cage.
>>
>>2549786
overrated dangerous carnie shit
>>
anything involving based roman is the greatest moment in WWE history, so yes
>>
>>2549794
dangerous carnie shit but literally the best match in WWE history.
>>
>>2549720
Holy shit 18+
>>
>>2549720
If you're 12 it probably is
>>
>>2549720
Austin 3:16 was basically the start of what saved the company.

Vince taking over Nitro was also pretty major.
>>
>>2549836
>Vince taking over Nitro was also pretty major.

This was the nail in the coffin, along with being renamed WWE.
>>
>>2549751

>big bosman crashing the big show's dad's funeral

This was based
>>
>>2549839
agreed...This should have been the most EPIC time with WCW workers mixing with WWF workers but they botched it terribly because Vince swung his big ol dick everywhere and said FU to dubbya C dubbya
>>
File: MSG.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MSG.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>2549881
Should have never bought the company. It destroyed everything special about the Attitude Era (two live competing TV shows on at the same time)
>>
>>2549794
You definitely weren't watching or even alive when it happened. It was HUGE
>>
>>2549892
WCW hadn't been "competing" for almost 2 years before the buyout
>>
>>2549898
You weren't watching at the time so just keep repeating what the internet told you.
>>
>>2549901
I was and he's right.
>>
>>2549901
Get over it already Russo
>>
>>2549901
>You weren't watching

So why the fuck was Mum taping Nitro in the late 90s?
>>
>>2549909
He's wrong. Nobody cared about buy rates and ratings in 1998, we were all having fun watching. Kill yourself Wade Keller.
>>
>>2549751
>YOU WANT SOME KETCHUP WITH THIS SUMBITCH

that was god tier
>>
>>2549794
Unironically 18+
>>
>>2549924
Vince & Eazy E cared
>>
>>2549924
I have no idea how that relates to WCW being complete sh*t by '99
>>
>>2549928
And they helped destroy the attitude era and everything great about the era with all that ''care'', congrats vince played himself
>>
File: blitzkrieg.jpg (147KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
blitzkrieg.jpg
147KB, 1284x722px
>>2549932
1999 still had some diamonds in the rough.
>>
>>2549932
the product was hot. removing half the product from television, shitting on it, then changing your name was, SURPRISE, a huge killer of business and momentum. End of an era. It all sucked after that.
>>
>>2549946
WWF was bleeding millions of viewers long before Get The F Out.

>>2549935
Bischoff destroyed The Attitude Era?

NITRO WON
>>
>>2549928
Because they knew their shit finna be lit
>>
>>2549951
>WWF was bleeding millions of viewers long before Get The F Out.

Definitely an exaggeration
>>
>>2549955
Couple the roughly 2 million viewers they dropped before the name change with the 3 million-ish WCW holdout viewers they didn't gain.
>>
>>2549932
You know, people say that but I've been cherry picking random Nitro's and RAW's from 99 onward and I've enjoyed Nitro more overall desu. Recently being the January 24th, 2000 RAW/Nitro. Nitro opens with a Cruiserweight match, RAW opens with a 15+ minute Triple H and Stephanie promo featuring Rock and Big Show. Then every RAW match either ended in DQ or wasn't clean and no match went over 6 minutes. Nitro had some good matches, best being Kidman and Vampiro. The ME between Sid and Nash was bad, though.

I guess it's all down to preferences, but the Attitude era isn't as perfect as I see people make it out to be. I also think WCW wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Ain't saying it's perfect, but it isn't irredeemably bad. I didn't grow up watching both (started watching shortly after WM 17 so WCW was dead) so I'm not blinded by any sort of nostalgia. WWF does get the edge for delivering more during PPV's, however. Hell the night before Benoit won the belt and he was gone the next night. It would have been interesting to see him as Champion over Sid or Nash, though.
>>
>>2549794
Foley off the top of the cell is confirmed as the single most viewed event in professional wrestling history. More people have seen the clip of "bah gawd broken in half" than Hogan slamming Andre, Austin and the beer truck, Bruno in the garden or anything else you could possibly name.
>>
>>2549997
Nitro was infamous for fuck finishes and overlong promos around that time.

>January 24th 2000

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=4361

Only 2 matches went past 6 minutes!
>>
>>2550017
Granted, I watch these shows while being drunk lol. Fair enough.
>>
>>2549720
[slide whistle]
>>
That's not Pillman with a gun.
>>
The Attitude Era was a different "feeling" overall ... the time period of about 1996/97 - 2000 was an insanely fun time to be a wrestling fan. Especially if you lived in the New Jersey/Ny/Philadelphia area because of ECW... I can tell you from living through it in the exact demographic that it was intended for 15 - 20yr olds that every fucking week it was the feeling of What the fuck can they possibly top next !! It was unprecedented entertainment and its really hard to put into words just what "it was" about that time period, so you can describe it and have people like the young ones on here to truelly appreciate that time period
>>
>>2549997
>no match went over 6 minutes
I know, it was perfect.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.