[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is the best wrestler in the world right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 5

File: 6FbQU7y.png (376KB, 640x321px) Image search: [Google]
6FbQU7y.png
376KB, 640x321px
Which one is the best wrestler in the world right now?
>>
Okada has had the better matches lately, but I still gotta go with my boy AJ.

Wrestling is in a really great spot right now.
>>
Gotta be AJ, but I reckon if Omega was given the spotlight abit more he would be on the same level as AJ.
>>
AJ, but Okada's opponents are much better so he looks better in comparison.

There is only so much you can do against Baron Corbin and Shane McMahon.
>>
>>2547526
Wtf does that mean? Are you implying that baron and Shane aren't great wrestlers? Granted Shane o Mac is getting old but Baron is one of the best big men in the business and will definitely be a future champion and actually adds credibility to the sport unlike these flipply manlets like Finn
>>
AJ my mang
>>
>>2547538
lol
>>
>>2547487
AJ is in WWMEME so that disqualifies him from being considered the best anything.
>>
>>2547538
Baron's good and has learned very quickly given how little he's been in wrestling for, but he's not at the level of Okada's opponents, dude.
>>
>>2547538
He's decent at best.
>>
>>2547546
Point taken, but give him time and he'll be one of the best. I just don't like people talking Ill of Baron
>>
>>2547544
But if he was in Japan he would be great?
>>
AJ is still better IMO but Okada is having a better 2017 than anyone is. Thing about AJ is the only guys who'l are near his level in WWE is Zayn or Nak and we haven't seen them work a full program yet.
>>
>>2547487
I give it to Okada, purely because he's had far better quality matches this year. But as others have pointed out, he's had much better opponents to work with. Props to AJ for being able to take piles of shit and turn them into gold every time.

>>2547544
What a stupid post.
>>
>>2547554
Anywhere but WWE.
>>
>>2547487
As mentioned before, BMAJ is the better all around wrestler, but GOATkada is having the better matches.
>>
>>2547566
We're gonna get AJ/Owens on PPV soon, so, cheers to that.
>>
AJ, he's white and wrestles in the big leagues.
>>
AJ is way above but Okada is still young , not doubt he will become one of the greatest .
He needs to go global but I don't think he will leave New Japan
>>
"Regularly puts on seven star matches"-Big dick Davey Meltz
>>
>>2547487
AJ because he turns shit to gold no matter who he wrestles (Shane, Corbin). Okada works against really good wrestlers.
>>
>>2547712
I agree in principle, but calling Shane VS Styles gold might be a bit much.
>>
>>2547717
Maybe, but AJ single-handedly made that match far better than it had any right to be.
>>
"Best wrestler" in 2017 is akin to "tallest dwarf."
>>
>>2547487
If Okada can pull a 5 star from Fale, maybe. But I'd still say AJ is inches better just from his experience alone
>>
>>2547678
>>2547895
It's crazy how Okada isn't even 30 yet and he's already reached a plateau that most wrestlers can't get close to until years later. Styles has a whole decade on him. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years' time Okada is considered one of the best of all time, above even AJ.
>>
Okada is very good at working an Okada match.
AJ can work any kind of match and make it into something greater than the sum of it's parts.
>>
AJ

Okada isn't even in his prime right now
>>
>>2547953
Hi Jim!
>>
>>2547538
Shane's punches are fucking awful
>>
>>2547953
You're right, you should stick to watching Stephanie McMahon segments and Old Day skits. those bright colors and loud noises when Bailey comes out are much more suited to your tastes.
>>
>>2547953
typical /asp/ poster
>>
>>2547487
AJ, but 2017 is definitely Okada's year. They're #1 and #2 either way, with Omega and Naito being #3 and #4.
>>
>>2547487
Omega
>>
>>2547487
Okada > Styles > Tana > Omega
>>
>>2549599
>Tana
Lel
>>
>deliver jumping, twisting tombstone piledriver
>can't get a three count

>deliver standard short-arm clothesline that's mostly a shoulder block
>everyone falls

Okada is a z-tier wrestler because every single one of his matches end in an anti-climax.
>>
>>2549636
Tombstone isn't Okada's finisher.

>every single one of his matches end in an anti-climax.

*muffled off-brand Shield theme in the distance*
>>
>>2549636
You're a retard, man.
>>
>>2549636
You underestimate how stiff the Rainmaker is.
If it was done in WWE it would look like aids.
>>
>>2547487
Well my List goes
Omega (because he can get a good match out of everyone somehow)
Okada (because he is the men in njpw right now)
Cody (since he left wwmeme he has been great everywhere)
AJ (his work in wwe is solid, still waiting for him to get it on with someone who can at least work his level like nakamura, zayn, owens, joe or bobby ruu)
Naito (who has stepped up his game since he joined the lucha cosplay group)
Ibushi (because he is Ibushi the madmen)
The Young Bucks (best tag team in the world and finally in the spot they deserve)

Wrestlers who deserve way better:
Chuck Taylor
The Miz
>>
>>2549599
How many years does Tanahashi even have left?
>>
AJ hasn't had a great match in approaching a year now so I'm thinking its the guy who has one every month it seems
>>
>>2550208
You don't think any of his matches with Cena were great?
>>
>>2550212
Wow he kicked out of an AA

Then he kicked out of an AA from higher

I'll pass, matches with Roman were good stuff though
>>
File: image.png (50KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50KB, 210x200px
>>2550140
>Cody above AJ Styles

I know it's just your opinion but. Cmon.
>>
>>2547712
Okada is about to have a 4.5 star match against fat fuck fale in a month. He can do carry jobs if he wants to.
>>
>>2550140
>cody above Naito

Cody's not even the best gaijin from the E' in NJPW, he's not even better than fucking BUSHI much less Naito or anyone else in LOS.
>>
BMAJ
>>
>>2547487
Anthony Jamiroquai Styles
>>
>>2550236
Because he's rested from Omega and Shibata carrying him?
>>
>>2553833
If you haven't watched the matches, then just say so. No need to act like a retard.
>>
>>2547487
Okada is having one of the best runs in wrestling history this year so far. AJ is doing great, but he's being booked weird and it hurts his stock. Gotta go with my nigga Okada
>>
>>2547487
Anthony Jamiroquai Styles
>>
I'd put Okada above Styles right now. I know Okada's benefited from great opponents and feuds, but he's putting on incredible match after incredible match against completely different wrestling styles.
AJ is fantastic and can carry almost anyone in the WWE to a great match, but right at this moment I feel Okada's at least in the top 2 or 3, if not the best wrestler in the world.
>>
>>2553848
I watched the matches. Okada has the physical charisma of a well bedazzled wooden board. Literally no one shows up to see his stupid robes, or his pudding belly, or his lame finisher.

He's the NJPW version of Triple H: the guy who works with the guy who draws the most money. It was pitiful listening to that poor, deluded Genesis crowd will Shibata on knowing that LOL OKADA WINS was right around the corner, since the most important thing in the company is establishing his legacy.
>>
>>2549636
People are in denial... Okada is not fucking Hansen or Vader you dumb motherfuckers that lariat look weak af.

I love Okada style but that finisher is SHIT!!
>>
Okada already has the GOAT career and isn't even 30.
>>
>>2555251
>>2555270
(You) seem bothered
>>
Hard to say...AJ carried Shane to a 4 star match.

Okada carried someone who went brain dead half way through the match to a 5 star match.
>>
AJ made it to the big leagues, so him. No one knows who the jap is.
>>
>>2555251
>>2555270
Literately 18+
>>
>>2547487
Easy - AJ because I don't even know who the other guy is
>>
>>2555619
Kazuchika Okada.
>>
>>2550140
BIG DUST
>>
>>2555459
>AJ carried Shane to a 4 star match
The hell? Shane VS Styles isn't 4 stars, you people are insane.

And neither is Shibata VS Okada, for that matter.

AJ and Okada are two immeasurably over rated.
>>
>>2555652
Who is the best wrestler right now in your opinon?
>>
>>2555658
Da Big Dog Roman Rangz
>>
>>2555652
>And neither is Shibata VS Okada, for that matter.
You're right, it's 5 stars.
>>
>>2547487
Okada
>>
File: 1491009086254.jpg (403KB, 878x930px) Image search: [Google]
1491009086254.jpg
403KB, 878x930px
>Okada gets the advantage of being the top guy, being in all the high priority matches, facing all these Amazing opponents at all the big shows

>AJ faces shit opponents and literally drags them to 4 stars

Okada is great but AJ is a miracle worker sometimes, and puts on amazing matches almost every show, whether it's tv or house show.

AJ is better a little bit, but Okada is great and gets to have consistently great matches, is my opinion.
>>
>>2558473
AJ pulled a good match out of an aging Shane McMahon with no match gimmick.
That truly is a miracle.
>>
AJ is 100% the best all around wrestler in the world right now and only a fool would say Okada.
>>
>>2558539
AJ's been fantastic for years on end, and he definitely was the best wrestler on the planet throughout 2016, but Okada's been hitting his stride this year and has consistently put on 5* matches out the wazoo, and with opponents who are vastly different in their wrestling styles, no less.

I have no problem with someone preferring AJ, but to say "only a fool" would choose Okada instead is rather fatuous.
>>
>>2558625
Okada is a literally who to anyone who doesn't watch NJPW or care enough to expand out of WWE which is most people

Being known has allot to do with being the best whether you like it or not
>>
>>2558632
>being known has a lot to do with being the best
>according to me
there's where your argument falls apart droney
>>
>>2558640
i know its hard to accept especially for you but yeah its the truth

nobody cares how many metlzer star matches you have if nobody saw it but japs and a handful of smarks
>>
>>2558632
>Okada is a literally who to anyone who doesn't watch NJPW
That's your best argument? That's pathetic. Some 5-year-old little Jimmy in Tennessee not knowing who he is doesn't disqualify him from contention.

By your logic, when AJ was still in NJPW, Erik Rowan was a better wrestler than him because he was generally more well-known due to being prominently shown in the WWE. It's not a valid point at all.
>>
>>2558646
>yeah it's the truth
>it's true because i say so
have another (You) for your 0/10 argument
>>
>>2558666
>>2558664
And they say WWE is the one the drones.
>>
>>2558671
Not an argument.
>>
>>2558532
>no match gimmick

It was a Hardcore Match
>>
>>2558671
No comeback?
>>
>>2558632
>allot
>>
>>2558847
Umm...no
>>
>>2558855
It was, though. If the match truly was devoid of gimmicks, no weapons would have been used at all.
>>
Jinder
>>
I will say okada at least has the best drop kick in wrestling.

dude can get up
>>
>>2558632

So I guess Avatar is the best movie of all time since it was the highest grossing film ever, making $2.7 billion. Meanwhile, a film like Goodfellas sucks because it only made $46 million.
>>
based big dick aj is all around better than okada.
id wait until after aj gets some better opponents before deciding who's the better wrestler, but i still think as of right now aj edges okada out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsR7XYHhGM
The beatings Okada takes everytime he defends the title, God Bless him... "BAI GOD THESE PEOPLE HAVE FAMILIES!"
>>
I think they're equal, but Okada has had better opponents to work with lately.
>>
Okada is pretty good, but he's not exceptional. I've watched a lot of his latest matches and he gets indeed carried to some degree in a lot of them, it's even more evident at Wrestling Kingdom 11.

Maybe he's just in his prime right now, I don't know.
AJ could carry a plank to a 4 stars match.
>>
I give it to Okada. You can say that he has better competition than AJ has, and that's absolutely true. But you cannot put on the consistently fantastic matches that Okada has had this past year without being a top calibre wrestler. He really has been untouchable in terms of match quality.
>>
>>2555652
>The hell? Shane VS Styles isn't 4 stars, you people are insane.
>And neither is Shibata VS Okada, for that matter.

Big Dave said so

and Okada vs poo brain was 5 stars

not my rating
>>
>>2547538
kys baron you're boring
>>
>>2563861
Big Dave's ratings suck
>>
File: 1470708790406.jpg (90KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
1470708790406.jpg
90KB, 400x358px
BBD
>>
>>2550226
>>2550240
No Ranking
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.