[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are TNA and ROH? Been watching WWE on and off and wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: newlogo_crop_north.jpg (44KB, 498x331px) Image search: [Google]
newlogo_crop_north.jpg
44KB, 498x331px
How are TNA and ROH?

Been watching WWE on and off and wanting to get back into wrestling but want to see what else there is.

Since ROH and TNA (I think) have on demand services they seem good to get into since I can watch previous stuff and any amazing matches they have in history.
>>
They're shit. NJPW is the only thing worth watching.
>>
ROH has been awful for years and there's points where TNA was legitimately better than it.
>>
TNA was awesome from about 2004 to 2010. Then Hogan and Bischoff killed it.
>>
>>2545078
It was going downhill by mid 2009 desu. Dixie was in full power by then.
>>
>>2545078
05 to sometime in 07

the last 3 months of 2009

the first 6 months of 2012

the 3 good ages of TNA
>>
>>2545072
Hi Dave!
>>
>>2545072
>NJPW

literal drones who call everyone else __drones

its really embarrassing
>>
>>2545087
Is there any good place to get TNA from 05-07 other than the on demand thing they have with fight network?
>>
>>2545072
this is the correct answer
>>
http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/33554-project-rewatch-roh-the-good-shit/

Use this thread as a reference if you ever want to start watching RoH.
>>
>>2545139
If you like pointless filler and a card with only one to two matches worth watching.
>>
Tna is doing fine shows right now. Worth a try.
>>
>>2545397
Go away, Jeff.
>>
>>2545078
Hogan and Bischoff left in 2014

Since then, loads of good stuff
>>
TNA is, in theory, going to become watchable again starting next week

They just did a storyline where Jeremy Borash and Josh Mathews were feuding, and bitching on commentary through whole episodes. It ended with a 4-on-4 match, team JB vs team Josh, and since Josh's team lost, he has to fuck off from commentary now.

Aside from that, it's a flawed show. The tag team division is still eh, reminds me of SD's gimmicky tag team division. The knockouts division is shit. The X-division is a bunch of flippy guys who struggle to stand out among each other. Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett are really good, but you wouldn't know it from watching their TNA work.

The main event scene is average. They have the star power but you probably won't see great matches from the people involved, just above average matches at best.
>>
ROH is hit-or-miss depending on the week.

They rotate talent a lot. That said, there is some damn good matches to be found, and the shows are only 1 hour long. Nothing TNA has done this year comes close to matches like

>Kushida vs Ospreay vs Dragon Lee
>Jay White vs Jay Briscoe
>Hardys vs Briscoes
>Castle and The Addiction vs Bullet Club

and these are matches that were on ROH TV, not PPVs.

I'll admit, their episodes are hit-or-miss, but they try to at least have a good main event. The Top Prospect tournament matches this year have been weak, but that's ending soon.

Also

>Women of Honor
>no title
It's hardly a division, so if you hate women's wrestling, don't worry, you'll hardly notice the women
>>
>>2546366
TNA's strength is their booking and characters. Despite their main event scene on paper looking weak, last year was really entertaining because they overlapped all the feuds,instead of doing the boring WWE style "I feud with you now" thing that ruins continuity.

If you liked NJPW you won't like impact, but if you liked wrestling in 99/00 you probably will.
>>
TNA has a new booker and new showrunner both of which are great wrestling minds so it's a wait and see for me in terms of storytelling and characters but the matches aren't very good right now.

ROH has the same shitty booker it's had since 2010 and the matches in my opinion are colorless, odorless, tasteless, just a bunch of moves. I keep up with it purely out of habit.

If you're getting back into wrestling I would just stick with SmackDown, 205 Live and the upper card of NJPW.
>>
>>2546758
>and the matches in my opinion are colorless, odorless, tasteless, just a bunch of moves.

Somehow you managed to post something dumber than having optimism for TNA in 2017
>>
>>2546791
Sorry ROHbot I'll lower my standards next time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.