[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daniel Bryan is the biggest anti-draw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: daniel bryan yes.gif (2MB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
daniel bryan yes.gif
2MB, 200x113px
In his one month as Undisputed Champion:
- Vince lost 350 million dollars
- Vince was forced to accept a bad TV deal due to low ratings
- WWE stock plummeted 50%
>>
why do wrestling fans have to care about these things? i mean, the only one affected by this is literally vince. why does it matter to the public?
>>
>>2541353
Same reason some gamers care about sales. Their dicks are tiny and they need to feel like they're associated with something popular.
>>
>>2541353
no wrestling fan cares about that shit, only /asp/ fatties do
>>
>>2541353
>I want my favorite wrestling company to lose tons of money so I can have fun while other people tune out because of boredom/cringe and ultimely the company dies because of my petty choices
>>
>>2541353
Why do fans care if the business sucks? You think business tanking is coincidental?
>>
>>2541376
>I prioritize a company's earnings over my own enjoyment of the show
>>
>>2541376
> I like what this show is doing
> other people might not, though
> I better start hoping they change it
> that way I can keep watching shit I don't like

You voted for Bernie, didn't you?
>>
I know you're just baiting but for those who don't know, that's Network startup costs.
>>
File: IMG_1340.png (1021KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1340.png
1021KB, 1334x750px
>>2541346
>Stock is around 9 bucks
>WWE hypes the fuck out of the network, confidence is high that the network will be a huge success
>it's not
>stock price drops to $13
>this is somehow Bryan's fault
>>
>>2541346
I am one of the biggest Bryan haters on here but even I know that blaming him for setbacks that were clearly WWE Network-related is bullshit.
>>
File: GOAT_No.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT_No.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>2541508
It's always funny to see people quickly blame Bryan for the damage when it was the Network that did it.
>>
>>2541508
Dropped from $9 to $13, eh? You don't say?
>>
1. TV ratings are dropping across the board. WWE programs are still near the top of the ratings on the nights they air.
2. The Network is a product that will only pay off in the long run. It won't truly pay off for a while yet.

Get laid OP
>>
>>2541376
TNA in a nutshell.
>>
>>2541508
>>2541538
Except the Network is now turning a profit and pretty soon WWE won't even need to care abut ratings.
>>
>>2541550
I omitted the fact that the stock price shot up to about 30 bucks because of confidence in the network

So it went from 9, shot up to 30 because of the network, then dropped to 13
>>
Why do smarks keep making excuses every time their fan favorite manlet ends up not being a draw?

Like with Shawn Michaels, Brett Hart, CM Punk, or Daniel Bryan?
>>
Why couldn't Haitch bury him bros?
>>
>>2541661
So in the end their stock gained more than it did before even in light of the losses?
>>
>>2541685

It's not the same thing

It's one thing to not be a draw......it's another to act like a non-draw winning the title led to Vince losing hundreds of millions of dollars, when other factors were the real cause of that

It's like blaming Bret or Shawn for the company being so shit in the early and mid-90s. The company wasn't shit because they gave non-draw manlets pushes; it was shit because of a sudden exodus of already-established draws, and refusal to let go of garbage cartoony characters, feuds and storylines that nobody cared about

They took the title off manlets like Bret and Shawn, and gave the title and major pushes to tall-ass Kevin Nash and Sid....and guess what? The company was STILL bombing even worse than before. Then they finally had the sense to change the overall product with the Attitude Era.....and surprise, surprise: biggest boom period in the company's existence
>>
>>2541657
Well at the beginning it was causing damage, but that was what was expected. Right now WWE is catching up and turning the deficit into a profit.
>>
Post WM29 ratings: 3.4
Post WM 30 ratings: 3.7
Post WM: 31 ratings 3.7
Post WM 32: ratings 2.9
Post WM 33 ratings: 2.6

Bryan had the highest rating in 5 years, highest increase in 10.

High costs in 2014 were because WWE launched the WWE Network.

Daniel Bryan was the second highest merch seller in 2014 and 15.

OP (NWO Wolfcuck) is a liar and just got btfo.
>>
>>2541685
>CM Punk,
Beated Cena in merchandise.

You are a liar.
>>2541685
>Daniel Bryan
see
>>2541834

Liar again.

Also daily reminder:
The original vanilla midgets, Eddie and Benoit outdrew WCW giant flops like Kevin Nash, Booker T, Scott Steiner.

The highest merch sellers of the last 12 years besides Cena are Jeff Hardy, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, all vanilla midgets.

WWE's direct competition biggest draws are Connor McGregor, Ronda Rousey and Floyd Maywater. All vanilla midgets.

OP inequivocably is BTFO.
>>
>>2541346

<citation needed>
>>
>>2541657
The Network division wasn't profitable in 2016, their main form of revenue is still, by far, their TV deals.

Eventually, yes, their content will be based around the Network, but they'll still need a big TV deal in 2019. If they don't make more than they did off the 2014 one, they're in trouble.
>>
>>2541847
I agree with you but people should really stop misusing the term "vanilla" - it means flavorless, standard, basic i.e. without a gimmick or character. Punk and Jeff were not vanilla.
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (97KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
TheGOAT.jpg
97KB, 600x423px
Wait, the GOAT retired in 2016 didn't he? He hasn't actually been an active wrestler since 2015 either...

You'd think he was still wrestling today with how often the anti-smarks turn into a seething spluttering mess due to him.

Based GOAT working the anti-smarks without even lifting a finger.
>>
>>2542055
He wrestles in their heads every day

>>2542050
Eddie wasn't vanilla either.

It's almost like a phrase Nash coined is fucking stupid or something.
>>
>>2541376
considering they have wrestling geared for adults basically on a shelf in the back and the only reason they dont give it to us is the current product makes money.
>>
>>2542055
BBDWTOAS

>based bryan danielson working the obese antismarks
>>
>>2542168
>the current product makes money.

RECORD
>>
File: IMG_0327.png (81KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327.png
81KB, 640x1136px
>>2541661
>30
>>
>>2542096
>Eddie wasn't vanilla either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVDrme4YtOs
>>
>>2541346

Since the early 00s:

Amazon went from an online bookstore to the second biggest streamer of media by bandwidth

Google went from a search engine to producing the #1 smartphone operating system by user base

Tesla went from the brain child of a Paypal founder to the most valuable domestic auto manufacturer by market cap

WWE went from showing wrestling on tv to show wrestling on an app
>>
Vince lost a lot of money on the Network.

Also, TV ratings all across the board are down. A great deal of people do not watch live television anymore or simply do not have cable.
>>
>>2542441
>nEEtWolfcuc

Oh boy I'm sure this hasn't been manipulated to fit with his deranged agenda

>Nash ever calling anybody vanilla
>>
>>2542486
Eddie was vanilla during his WCW run, but he learned to really play up his personality in his WWF run.
>>
>>2542522
18+
>>
>>2542481
shows like the walking dead prove if you have a tv show compelling enough for people to watch then they will still watch it in record numbers
>>
>>2542525
Even Big Dave confirms this.
>>
>>2542522
>>2542540
Eddie was a very over heel in WCW by 1997
>>
>>2541353
Bryan and his fans literally started this.

His whole story was "he's more popular than you think he is! And that's why he should be Champ"

OP was fighting fire with fire - the hellfire that was his Kane feud
>>
>>2542612
And he was MASSIVELY over when first arrived in WCW in '95. He regularly got "EDDIE" chants. Doesn't mean he had the KAREEESMA
>>
>>2542664
>was massively over
>didn't have charisma
>>
>>2541353
you must be 18+ to post on this site
>>
>>2541847
I don't think you know what a vanilla midget is.
>>
>>2541834
The ratings for that one raw that bryanfags keep on repeating don't change the fact that the ratings and buyrates plummeted overall to the point where wwe ppvs don't even exist anymore.
>>
>>2542055
>kills wrestling singlehandedly
>retires straight after
So he has at least one thing in common with Austin
>>
>>2542879
WWE had been attempting to get their Network started back when dubstep was trendy, I.E. well prior to Bryan getting a top guy push.
>>
>>2541353
because the less money WWE has the more shit they will be

you want another TNA?
>>
>>2542050
Yeah, when I hear that term I think of Dean Malenko or Lance Storm. Solid hands to have on your roster but nothing more.
>>
File: 1457815761839s.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1457815761839s.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>>2542664
>you can get over without charisma
>>
>>2541387
>>2541415
>I want WWE to become RoH/outlaw wrestling because that's fun to me, fuck the actual demographic they are trying to cater with their style, I want Owens and Zayn to FIGHT FOREVER *clap clap clapclapclap*
>>
>>2542950
>when I hear that term I think of Dean Malenko or Lance Storm

Exactly.

I don't know what exactly qualifies to Nash as a vanilla midget.....but to me it's a wrestler who's small/average in height/physique and who's good in the ring, but has either an overall bland personality or no personality at all

To me, Lance Storm and Dean Malenko fit the 'no personality' category. Great wrestlers with an overall serious demeanor....but outside of that they showed no charisma and did nothing but basic "I'm gonna beat you because I'm the best" promos. Literally nothing else notable about them personality-wise, and no mic presence

People like Bret Hart and Chris Benoit are better, but still bland overall....so they're still vanilla midgets although I can understand someone arguing against them being in that category. Hart and Benoit are a notch above Malenko and Storm, because they can at least display realistic aggression on the mic and be intimidating with it....so they have a bit of personality due to that but because they don't always show it, they're bland otherwise and have no mic presence when they're not showing that aggression

Then you have some people out there calling Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho 'vanilla midgets'. WTF. They may fit the midget part but those two had PLENTY of charisma. And I hate CM Punk but the idea of him being vanilla is laughable. He knew how to work that mic in his own miserable sarcastic douchebag way.
>>
>>2542426
You are one stupid nigger.
>>
What is it with you faggots and blaming anything and everything that goes bad in a company on one single person in the main event at the time?
>>
>>2542952
Being over is different from being a main event draw.
>>
>>2544418

It only happens when they talk about a wrestler they hate that got a main event/world title run

Hence why people constantly blame either Bret, HBK or Nash for all the shittiness and low ratings/attendance in the early-to-mid 90s, instead of blaming the overall shitty product at the time that all three men were forced to endure during their title reigns
>>
>>2543779
I don't remember anyone using that term for Jericho.
>>
>>2541346
That's what happens when most of the BIG GUYS are boring as fuck and they resort to manlets.

Shit when you're a big guy you only need to be a 3/10 in ring and 7/10 on the mic and you're a huge fucking draw. I want more big guys but less boring fucks.
>>
>>2543779
You're dumb-as-fuck.

>Lance Storm
>no personality

>>2542960
WWE is only catering to Vince right now

>this scared of a promotion he's never watched
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.