[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sheamus blasts the Attitude era!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 13

File: Sheamus-3.jpg (81KB, 1090x614px) Image search: [Google]
Sheamus-3.jpg
81KB, 1090x614px
> "The level of athleticism has evolved so much since we watched as kids. The athletes that WWE has now are far far superior to anything that we had the late 1980s or the late 1990s. We're on entirely another level now. You look back at the Attitude Era and the level of entertainment we put in the ring now. The Attitude Era doesn't even come close. We are superior. No question. I'm not afraid to say that either. You can watch some of the stuff Cesaro does in the ring; with his size, the way he moves around the ring, the moves he hits, the way he picks up guys twice his size. It's just a different level. Guys back in the 80s moved like slugs."
>>
>>2539153

>completely missing the point of why WEF/E was good
>>
>guys in the 80s moved like slugs

He's definitely not wrong
>>
>>2539153
I mean he's not wrong, from a performer standpoint we have talent we wouldn't dream of seeing.

Remember how many plugs like Gangrel and Road Dogg there were? They're few and far between now. Conversely the story telling is worse than it's ever been and that's truly what's holding the WWE back. It's so predictable it hurts now.
>>
>>2539163

>WEF/WEE

What did you mean by this
>>
>>2539153
wtf i hate sheamus now. i thought he was based
>>
>>2539173

Autocorrect
>>
Austin already did Cesaro's swing and better.

>moved around like slugs

Now it takes you twice as long to walk over a "giant sperm" to the ring and pose.

I'll have the slug.
>>
He's 100% right

Attitude Era was, in my opinion, one of the worst periods of the WWE

>Shitty storylines up the asshole
>Retarded contrived overbooking
>Not a single fucking clean win, every match that had the WWE belt change involved at least one interference with a chair shot
>Terrible segments that only got even worse as they aged

WWE's golden era was around the Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and early Steve Austin days. Right now, WWE is much better than Attitude Era

>But muh draws
I don't give a damn, popularity doesn't mean quality.
>>
>>2539186
you just don't understand the subtle brilliance of every match ending in a DQ or run in
>>
>>2539186

Popularity is the only thing that matters, ya dweeb.
>>
>>2539200
So you only listen to songs that have the most views on youtube too?
>>
and they all drew 10x times more in one night consistently than he ever will in his lifetime

entertainment and characters>fake wrestling talent

always will be what draws

shawn and bret era is also proof of this as well
>>
No one cares about the athleticism of fake athletes. If I want to watch athletes, I will watch a REAL SPORT.
>>
>>2539206

No, but I don't say stupid shit like "Justin Bieber is shit", because the money says otherwise.
>>
>>2539200
It's true that what the promotion cares about is profit and nothing else, but I'm not a promoter, I'm a fan. I watch wrestling if it's good, I don't watch it if it's bad.

I don't read books based on how they sold, I don't watch movies based on their box office success, and I don't see why I would change that attitude with wrestling.
>>
>>2539215
Athletics are not inherently competitive you dumbshit.
>>
>>2539244
FRAUDULENT ATHLETES
>>
Attitude Era was about the entertainment, not how athletic you can be in the ring.
>>
Daily reminder that the Monday Wars Era was the best era of wrestling.
>>
Am i the only one that gets the vibe from Sheamus that hes gay and hates himself for it? I sense hes a bottom too. But hes a self-loathing bottom. im serious. Anyone else think that?
>>
>>2539264
wow glad to see someone else thinks this desu, surprised it took this long for someon else to post this
>>
>>2539186
>"Shitty storylines up the asshole"
>he thinks the current storylines are good

oh my

>Terrible segments that only got even worse as they aged

as opposed to the immediately terrible segments we have rn

>Right now, WWE is much better than Attitude Era

you have to be 18+ to post here kiddo
>>
Wow, so much bad taste ITT.

I'm sorry you "patrician" children want to see decisive battles with clean finishes every single monday, but there's a time and a place for that, and they're called majors.
>>
>>2539259
Exactly. Plus being Athletic in the ring doesn't mean you are a great wrestler.

People always say some dumb shit like Sheamus is saying yet 9 out of 10 people would rather watch Stone Cold matches from 1999 than any current day Sami Lames shit. If you are the more entertaining wrestler than you are the BETTER wrestler thats the simple fact.
>>
>>2539337
>Zayn outta nowhere

Loving this "working the anti-smarks" bit he's got going on.
>>
>I'm a pussy who likes gymnastics
>>
>>2539222
Literally the most retarded thing anyone has posted here

Do you see a movie and then say "Damn, better wait until the box office revenue comes out so I can tell how much I liked this?"
>>
>>2539153
the future is bright for wrestling.
>>
>>2539186
>WWE's golden era was around the Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and early Steve Austin days.
>lowest drawing era
>golden era
>>
>>2539374
They built the foundation that the Attitude Era thrived upon, MARK
>>
If I cared about athleticism I would watch gymnastics.
>>
In terms of workrate Sheamus is 100% correct

When it comes to actual character building, not so much though that's more of the fault of writers/booking.

Modern day blows absolutely anything in the 80's WWE out of the water
>>
>>2539398
Workrate wise yes. Charmisa and mic skills no.
>>
File: K5NlE_s-200x150.gif (353KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
K5NlE_s-200x150.gif
353KB, 200x150px
>>2539398
Imagine thinking today's product beats 80s WWF
>>
>>2539408
>unscripted improv is better than scripted promos

Really made me think
>>
>>2539186
>WWE's golden era was around the Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and early Steve Austin days.
I was with you until this shite. Not even memeing about dimes and shit, that era was devoid of anything aside from the 3 names you mentioned, even then Bret was utter garbage until he finally turned heel and could then cut a basic promo.
>>
>>2539414
They still suck unscripted. Introverts who play video games aren't good at promos.

90s ajpw has great workrate but no promos.

You rarely have both types merged into one like ric flair.
>>
>>2539429
>bitching about vidya

You're too old to be on 4chan
>>
>>2539153
I know /asp/ is retarded and could continue this thread without it, but where is your source that Sheamo actually said this?
>>
File: 1492127955866.gif (2MB, 189x200px)
1492127955866.gif
2MB, 189x200px
>>2539422
1997 was the BEST year in WWF history
>>
record low
>>
Workrate is the least important aspect in creating an entertaining wrestling show
>>
>>2539435
I agree, though I thought the rest of the New Generation was implied as being in that era the previous post mentioned.
>>
>>2539412
Have you seen WWF in the 80s?
>>
Irish guy here. So fucking proud of séamus!
>>
File: filthy casual.jpg (65KB, 467x325px)
filthy casual.jpg
65KB, 467x325px
>shitting on the Attitude Era and 80's wrestling even though they are objectively better in terms of entertainment than the product today

There's a reason why those time periods in wrestling are fondly remembered and people can't remember what happened last week's shows. Is the wrestling quality better today? Sure. But at the same time, the storylines and characters today are insufferably boring.
>>
>>2539408
>>2539412
Yeah, watching a literal children's show, not a PG show, a literal show for five year olds with some guys going "EAT YOUR VITAMINS KIDS" was truly the GOAT era
>>
>>2539412
It does though.
>>
>>2539508
There is no way you can truly believe today's product is more mature than the 80s if you have spent any amount of time watching either.
>>
1980's NWA takes a big, stinky, giant shit all over today's WWE
>>
File: 349706_v2.gif (2MB, 350x269px) Image search: [Google]
349706_v2.gif
2MB, 350x269px
>>2539508
>>2539511
Take a shower, hit the weights, watch Saturday Night's Main Event, and GET A CLUE.
>>
Today's matches are just spot fests. Current wrestlers don't know how to tell a story, inside the ring and out of it.
>>
>>2539519
It clearly is though, the 80s product had a saturday morning cartoon tie in and was aimed at 3-5 year olds.
>>
>>2539524
Okay, there's more to wrestling than spots, but there's also more to it than slicing yourself open with a razor blade.
>>
>>2539605
toughness, intensity, atmopshere > muh spots
>>
>>2539380
Yeah, that foundation was called "Failure".

Failure caused them to try something radically different, and then thrive.
>>
I watch Sheamus in the ring and I think the dude is like 35.

He's fuckin' 39.
>>
>>2539153
this is what a gay cuck would like wrestling to be.
>>
>>2539432
Just google Sheamus, it's the top results in his name.
>>
You guys are acting like today's matches are just spotfests, but there's plenty of great storytelling in the ring in WWE and NXT today. You just have to really squint and pay attention to what the wrestlers are doing because the commentary absolutely sucks at getting the stories over today, with Vince in their ear all the time.
>>
>>2539612
Bret's feud with Austin made the Stone Cold character and Shawn put Austin over like crazy in his crowing moment. Without their contributions the WWF wouldn't have been able to claw its way back into the ratings. Go back and watch 1997 and tell me this isn't true.
>>
>>2539398
it has nothing to do with the writers or the booking when the entire roster is made up of worthless indie charisma vacuums
>>
>>2539725
"MOST TALENTED ROSTER EVER...I SAW THEM ALL DO MOVEZ IN HIGH SCHOOL GYMS"
>>
>>2539508
Wwf 80s had better promos, characters, gimmicks. It's also the last era with logical win loss and protected ace booking.

It's also an era where bodyslams could get reactions, deeper pyschology. I like Cena, but his matches are power moves fests with selling.

Today only the workrate and production values are better.
>>
>>2539642
Only few workers tell stories. Im aware there's wirking holds and a build but not all matches have working holds. Another thing is midcarders tend to not work out of the ring much anymore.

Also the decline of ring psychology.

Even then, limb work is mostly dead. Babyface in peril is rare. Heel pyschology is nearly dead.

Only tag matches have psycholgy.
>>
>>2539642
some worthless fucking faggot interfering in a match for no reason which leads to a pointless match between the loser who interfered and the guy he interfered on is not a story
>>
>>2539725
It's funny how much personal charisma is lost when you have to follow a word for word script and be subject to 50/50 booking isn't it?
>>
>>2539855
None of these indie faggots can cut a promo if their life depended on it. They're basically a bunch of nobodies that vince picked up off the street because they could do some flips and kicks in a ring.
>>
>>2539855
They let New Day have free reign on their promos and they are absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>2539855
"LUCHA THINGS! GODAMMIT!"
>>
>>2539153
The new wrestlers have no psychology and no characters. They are glorified gymnasts doing "cool moves" that make no sense to actually do in a fight
>>
>>2539153
/ourfella/
>>
>>2539862
Fucking cringe
>>
>>2539863
The problem is that ND is an act that works better in a tweener or heel role but they're booked as faces
>>
>>2539916

>They are glorified gymnasts doing "cool moves" that make no sense to actually do in a fight

Cringe. If you think anything that happens in a wrestling ring makes sense in a real fight, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>2540009
not as cringe as your face
>>
>>2540045
fuck off and go watch balet you smelly neckbeard
>>
bimp
>>
>>2539169
And Gangrel and The Brood were more over than the current roster except for one or 2 people. The current roster is more athletic but are as entertaining as paint drying
>>
>>2540089
>Autist that thinks wrestling can look real screeches at others to fuck off
cringe
>>
>>2539215
I'd watch real wrestling, those guys have to be the top athletes in the world, at least their training is the toughest
>>
>>2539366

>missing the point

It's objectively the best whether I like it or not because of how successful it is.
>>
The majority of the roster of the in the Attitude era was over, and the current roster made their names emulating the spotfests of the Attitude era, too bad they couldn't emulate the promo skills. At the end of the day wrestling is scripted, and the fans know it. You have to do more than athletic feats of strength to get people to care about the matches
>>
>>2540848
This, only geeks care about workrate in a fake sport. Al snow and head were more over than 99% of today's roster.
>>
File: boring.jpg (10KB, 269x184px) Image search: [Google]
boring.jpg
10KB, 269x184px
I enjoy the matches more today, but the shows are so fucking boring that I can't possibly give a shit about 90% of the wrestlers since they're indie spot monkeys with no charisma.
>>
The one thing that is worse now are the crowds. 2017 crowd =/= 2000 crowd.

And this isn't just a thing in wrestling, concerts, stand up, sports atmosphere etc. are all way worse than they were 15 years ago, despite musicians, comedians and athletes being "objectively" better. Smartphones ruined entertainment.
>>
>>2540920
Give the crowd a reason to care and they will.
>>
File: image.png (157KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
157KB, 424x318px
>>2540870
>Letting your own opinions be cucked this hard
Kek
>>
>>2540940
>cucking yourself right into a shoot

Top cuck
>>
>>2539574
And today's product has a straight to DVD Jetsons tie in movie. And Bayley. It is clearly aimed at being family friendly too.
>>
>>2539153
It's almost like your ability to do flips never mattered.
>>
>>2540922
Do you really believe that? Look at 2002 crowds. They get on their feet every time an entrance happens. Today, they sit on their phones. Jesus christ could come back and people would still rather do congo chants and check their snapchats.

Crowds ruined wrestling
>>
>>2540948
Theres 100 characters. 10 being aimed at kids is probably for the best. Theres people for everybody.
>>
>>2540848
I didn't know the talent booked themselves. IT doesn't deny anything that he said at all.
>>
>>2540957
Fucking cringe.
>>
>>2539153
>MUH ATHLETICISM

Who cares? None of you can draw a single penny.
>>
>>2539186
>Attitude Era was, in my opinion, one of the worst periods of the WWE
That's cause you weren't alive when it was happening or you were still breast-feeding.

All you know about it is what you see other people say, ie it being the golden age of wrestling when it was so mainstream practically everyone knew about it.
>>
>>2539153
cEsaro can do a million different moves and shit and he is still boring and can't get reactions bigger than the ones Salvatore Sincere got
>>
>>2539153
>You look back at the Attitude Era and the level of entertainment we put in the ring now. The Attitude Era doesn't even come close.

Scott Hall getting stunned 10 times by Stone Cold in an 8 minute wrestlemania match brought me more entertainment than anything Sheamus has ever done in a WWE ring.
>>
>>2540957
Fans still react to everything.

Except the wrestling. Too much wrestling.
>>
>sheamus
>the one guy that drew less dimes than cm punk

lol
>>
Based Sheamo is 100% right
>>
>>2540995
>>Fans still react to everything.
They most certainly don't.
>>
>>2540994
Based Sheamus working the obese smarks
>>
>>2541004
But he didn't work me you underage obese loser. He has never done anything in a ring that made me entertained. It's always severe indifference when it comes to him.
>>
>>2541002
You dont watch it. They react to entrances, dq, spots, promos.

Not the actual too long wrestling, bodyslams, chinlocks.

Even attitude crowds arent as good wwf80s. It's a myth made up by wrestlecrap posters.
>>
>>2541019
>They react to entrances, dq, spots, promos.
They don't react to everyone.

>DQ
So what?
>promos
Hardly anyone in this company can cut a single decent promo devoid of botching or stuttering
>spots
Only something involving a table, a cool flip or what Braun did on Monday.

Crowds today are genuinely disinterested and the meme chants are a big part of why they suck. Post mania RAW the crowd was doing the mexican wave during the main event that had all the indie darlings in it cause they were trying to entertain themselves, literally point me to a time any AE or 80s crowd distracted itself with a mexican wave.
>>
>>2540962
Perry Saturn got over with a mop, Mark Henry got over fucking a senile Mae Young, DDP was still over stalking Undertaker's wife. Even now Jerhico, a star from the attitude era, has gotten a clip board more over than the entie Raw roster. Keep blaming booking. After so many bad gimmicxks the indy datrlings should be able to figure out what doesnt work and change it
>>
>>2541034
The Jericho thing is largely nostalgia.
>>
the E is legit the 2nd worst wrestling promotion in the world right now, but it can't be any worse than muh "edgy attitude" era
>>
>>2541058
There was nothing edgy about the attitude era.

18+
>>
>>2541049
No, its not. Dude's a worker. Everybody talks shit about that "Insane Asylum" match or whatever it was called, but how often does somebody fall on pushpins these days?
>>
>>2541065
>Everybody talks shit about that "Insane Asylum" match
That's cause it was an awful mess until the very last spot. No wonder they don't do many cage matches these days.
>>
>>2541060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpA5XlC8Txg
see: 11m
>>
>>2541034
Jericho is one of the few people with his own creative freedom so he's not really something you can judge.

Mark Henry eventually lost that overness when the hand was introduced, DDP was largely over because he came in from WCW and soon after lost it all due to the fact that he got buried hard and that Saturn Mop shit is so overrated it hurts, at least mention Al Snow and Head.
>>
>>2541058
You say that, but 2002-2007ish was edgier and more tryhard than the Attitude era was.
>>
>>2541080
Nikki Bella telling Brie Bella she wished she would have died in the womb or Paige making fun of Charlotte's dead brother for a diva belt angle is edgier than anything that ever happened 20 years ago.
>>
You can argue the quality of the attitude era, but the attitude era did one thing right by delivering what people wanted during that time period, edgy tv. The most over angles the past 10 years were the ones that blured kayfabe and reality. People today are obsessed with reality tv, not family tv or that indy crap
>>
>>2541049
Please. Jericho is one of the few reasons to watch Raw. Fortunately they have Miz now, since Jericho is leaving soon.
>>
>>2541060
HHH pretended to fuck a corpse
>>
>>2541097
Ruthless Aggression was literally way edgier than AE.

Anyone who says AE was good cause of edginess doesn't know what they're talking about probably cause they weren't watching at the time.
>>
>>2541082
I dont want to admit Al Snow and head was bad booking
>>
>>2541088
"Mean and hurtful words to scar the fee-fees" do not trump satanists hanging a cop by a noose in the center of wrestlemania in terms of edgyness.

Are you from tumblr or something? (hurt feels trump all?)
>>
>>2541101
That was in 2002.
>>
>>2541072
I recall a rumor that they cut a Steph and Shane segment, so they told Jericho and Ambrose to go ten minutes extra, so they had to insert all this empty air into the middle of the match.
>>
>>2541085
2002 Smackdown is the best year in wrestling history.
>>
>>2541105
Yes they do. You don't seem to understand what edgy means. I've seen more cringe-worthy and edgy angles since I started watching wrestling again 4 years ago than I did from my entire childhood.

>Are you from tumblr or something?
Where did this even come from?
>>
>>2541102
Whats the actual definition of "Car Crash tv"
>>
>>2541102
The ruthless aggression era wasn't edgy, it was just hhh burying raw, wcw talent intergrating into WWE, and Brock Lesnar
>>
>>2541112
Even if the match was 10 minutes shorter it would have still sucked. I believe it went 30 minutes and it was still horrific, mostly cause of Dean Ambrose.
>>
>>2541130
>>2541130
Imagine all the spots of the 30 minute match, in a 20 minute match. That would've been better. Never a 4+ match, but better than what we got.
>>
>>2541128
>The ruthless aggression era wasn't edgy
Yes it was.
> it was just hhh burying raw, wcw talent intergrating into WWE, and Brock Lesnar

Brock Lesnar was only there for 2 years.

Huge brunt of the Ruthless Aggression era was the edgy angles they used to plus all the bra and panties matches that killed the ratings. Not to mention Vince being in love angles with women Stephanie's age. Plus Eric Bischoff as commissioner. Edge and Lita. Randy saying Eddie was in hell. It was the era made to pander exclusively to late teens. The only good part was all the great Shawn Michaels matches.
>>
>>2541135
There weren't any memorable spots other than the tacks at the end. It was an awful 1 star match.
>>
RA was so shit I legitimately chose to watch TNA instead.
>>
>>2541138
The ruthless aggression era was dope bro, what are you talking about?
>Prime Cena before he became Super Cena
>Based Eddie, Benoit, Angle, Mysterio at their best.
>The emergence of the Hardys as singles guys
>RVD
>Biker Taker had some pretty dope matches, with Jeff especially.

A lot of the angles were pure shit, I admit, but people give it too much flak simply for not being the Attitude Era, when basically it was just diet AE anyways.
>>
>>2541143
Same, actually. I got into TNA around 8 cause of how sick I was of WWE at the time believe it or not. Triple H pretty much drove me away from RAW, and not cause he was a good heel. I just legit hated watching him cause he was boring and always won. Anyways, I remember just flipping channels until I got to like the 800's and there was a commercial for TNA on. After that I convinced my mom to order me a few of the PPV's and then I started watching it weekly in 2005 when they moved to Spike.
>>
>>2541151
It had better wrestling matches than AE but overall it was just awful in terms of stories. Also cause of that awful spinning WWE belt they kept for like 10 years till The Rock came back and got a more respectable one.
>>
>>2541156
Exactly, diet AE. People give AE way too much credit when it comes to storytelling when it was just as bad. For every Austin v Mcmahon there was Big Bossman feeding a man his dog or stealing somebody's dad.

The Spinner grew on me, it way better than the current one if you ask me. It looks way too much like a toy.
>>
>>2541152
TNA was actually pretty based from around 05 to 10 when they brought in Hogan and Bischoff. Those guys really fucked it up.
>>
>>2539153
Too bad your "athletes" have the personalities of sandpaper and I could just watch MMA or the circus for objectively superior pure athleticism as opposed to fake fighting where every indie darling is practically a CAW

And the Attitude Era/WCW had plenty of flippy shit and MUH 100 MOVEZ, they were just contrived to the cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight division where they belong
>>
>>2541162
I like the AE cause it had about 10 main event caliber stars and they were all used correctly. Kurt Angle being champ at that period was surprising given how popular Austin and The Rock were. Clean losses were traded between everyone, and the storylines were generally entertaining.
>>
>>2541162
> spinner
> not looking like a toy
>>
>>2539432
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/828697-sheamus-on-why-wwe-is-currently-better-than-the-attitude-era-why-him-and-cesaro-has-been-a-successful-tag-team-and-more
>>
So are we all in agreement that wrestling is DEAD and NEVER COMING BACK?
>>
>>2541181
I feel like it looked way more like an actual title. It looked goofy, but it still put the wrestler first. Especially in it's Rated R design. Meanwhile the new one's just a big ad for the WWE, everything just understated so that the only thing that stands out is the big gaudy W in the front.

>>2541178
I feel like we watched two different AEs, for every clean finish there was 15 dusty finishes or somebody getting hit in the head with a chair by a McMahon, or it all turning into a brawl.

They definitely distributed the belt better than today, but it was still kind of a hot potato. The midcard belts were basically paper weights at a point or they were completely forgotten. The only way the hardcore got over was to basically be passed around on purpose.
>>
>>2541198
It's not dead, it'll just never reach the popularity it once had.
>>
>>2541198
Yes
>>
the attitude era had tons of goodand great workers. they wre just all in wcw
>>
>>2541202
It's dead man. Let it go.
>>
WWE has the best talent right now that they've had in 20 years, but the storytelling is total garbage.
>>
>>2541201
There are way more dusty finishes today than there were back then. Like I said match quality in the ruthless aggression era was better than the attitude era, but attitude era had way better stories and way to keep your interest. Kurt Angle, The Rock, Austin, Taker, all used to beat each other clean on any given night, there was cheating involved in some sure but it was all worked into it well.

> The midcard belts were basically paper weights at a point or they were completely forgotten.
This is far from the truth. The intercontinental and tag titles meant A LOT back then. Way more than they do now.
>>
File: 6XHWT7J5mAda0.gif (2MB, 200x150px)
6XHWT7J5mAda0.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>2541211
BEST TALENT HE SAY'S
>>
>>2540892
Stop acting like head wasn't great. And al was a workhorse in the attitude era
>>
>>2541211
>WWE has the best talent right now
Don't know what this means but they seriously don't.

AJ Styles, Cena, Brock are all almost 40.

Blandy and Deanetty phone it in every week.

Bray is a literal joke. He needs to go 5 years unbeaten for me to ever take him seriously again.

Rusev is under-utilized and a mid-card joke.

Roman is universally hated.
>>
2002 smackdown >>> Attitude Era
>>
>>2541224
2002 Smackdown was filled with AE guys so your point is kinda moot.
>>
File: Cesaro spin.gif (3MB, 200x113px)
Cesaro spin.gif
3MB, 200x113px
>You can watch some of the stuff Cesaro does in the ring; with his size, the way he moves around the ring, the moves he hits, the way he picks up guys twice his size. It's just a different level.
>>
>>2541201
>The midcard belts were basically paper weights at a point or they were completely forgotten.

It wasn't until just recently that the midcard titles were treated with respect

Ambrose is the longest reigning US champion because he barely even defended it, it was given to Zack Ryder at one point as a consolation prize to keep him away from the main event and to shut the smarks up.

I barely even remembered any intercontinental champion before it got hot potato'd for a while leading to WM 31, it was the pure jobber champion for quite awhile
>>
>>2541224
Overall, '96 to '04 is the best period in WWE history.
>>
>>2541235
This objectively
>>
>>2541234
I don't know what that guy is even saying when he says the midcard belts were paper championships.

For the last 3 years the IC belt has been bouncing between Miz and Dolph.
>>
>>2541245
The US title itself was completely irrelevant since the WWE became PG until BMJ won it
>>
>I mean look at Cesaro he does all this shit

Cesaro is a freak and an outlier
Everyone else in modern WWE has slowed down quite a bit
>>
>>2541234
>>1999 Intercontinental title

>Val Venis
>Road Dogg
>Goldust
>Godfather
>Jeff Jarrett
>Edge
>Jeff Jarrett
>D'lo Brown
>Jeff Jarrett
>Chyna
>Chris Jericho

Fucking lel
>>
>>2541234
The IC title use to signify a future world Champion. I don't think the IC/US titles had prestige since Cena beat Big show at mania
>>
>>2541266
see
>>2541264

Edge and Jericho made it, the rest didn't.
>>
>>2541264
After the Summer '98 Rock-HHH feud for the IC title, they really went overboard (Russo, bro), but they got it back on track in 2000, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>2541270
Before them it was rock, stone cold, hart, michaels, hhh, etc
>>
>>2541212
>IC meant a lot
See
>>2541264

Honestly the only midcard title that mattered was the Tag Team and that came deep into the AE with the emergence of the Outlaws, Edge and Christian, Hardys etc.
>>
>>2541264
98 only had three champions though

>Rock
>HHH
>Shamrock

What was up with '99?
>>
>>2541278
And after them it was Benoit , Guerrero, HHH, jeff Hardy. Kane RVD etc.

>>2541264

But at least Chyna alone himself had more charisma, personality, and draw than the majority of the lower midcards jobbers who held the champion post Ruthless Aggression like Ryback, Curtis Axel, or Ezekiel Jackson

And the storylines and fueds revolving around their title reigns were at least interesting and gave the audience a reason to be invested and give a shit about the title as opposed to the "RAW GM mode" tier bland and boring booking that surrounded the IC champion post Ruthless Aggression era until The Miz made it great again
>>
File: Vic Venom.png (204KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
Vic Venom.png
204KB, 424x318px
>>2541290
[SWERVING INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>2539507
Is it called the Nostalgia Filterâ„¢?
>>
>>2540015
They originally started as faces, got booed for it, went full heel, which somehow made people love them, then their merchandise sold out like crazy, so they just went tweener, facelike, but with heel tactics(taunting, interference, etc)
>>
>>2539153
I agree that they're better athletes, but they're not better wrestlers.
>>
>>2539507
Name more than 10 memorable moments from the 4-hours-a-week 4 year period.

AE was 90% shit, its just been 15 years so everybody has forgotten.
>>
>>2540015
Welcome to black people in media.
>>
>>2541475
t. suburban white kid
>>
>>2541477
Swing and a miss
>>
>>2540920
You're right and I've noticed this too. Back in the day concerts were hype as fuck compared to today where the front crowd is just sitting with their phones out recording everything. This translates to current day with most crowds just tweeting and snapping instead of enjoying the moment. I got back into wrestling last year and the first thing I noticed was how dead the crowd was for everything that wasn't entrances. Sad desu senpai
>>
>>2540849
when did i say anything about wrestling looking real you worthless fat obese disgusting smelly neckbeard piece of garbage?
>>
>>2541000
sheamus is the legitimately the third largest draw internationally, if you'd believe it
>>
>>2541519
>pay hundreds of dollars for your spot
>look in your phone for the whole show instead of watching it fully live
>record it on your phone so you can post a shitty snapchat video that no one watches

I'll never get this. I'm yuropoor and if I went to a WWE show I would not look on my phone at all unless I wanted to check the time.
>>
>>2539186
Smarkiest post I've read to date

Eighteen plus have sex get clue
>>
>>2539153
They are more athletic, it's a shame the story lines and writing is shit nowadays.
>>
I blame smartphones
>>
>>2539153
Who gives a fuck about athleticism? It's all about good storylines and promos and 99% of the roster today are trash at both.
>>
File: confused fella.jpg (110KB, 800x948px) Image search: [Google]
confused fella.jpg
110KB, 800x948px
>>2539153
Just when I was starting to like Sheamus he goes and pulls this shit. The Attitude Era wasn't great because of the in ring crap.
>>
>>2539153
GOAT

Is he /ourguy/ now?
>>
>>2543095
Kinda pathetic, he's the top European talent and is only third?
>>
>>2545129
Cena and Reigns are presumably above him. New Day probably move more merch than anyone else, excluding Cena.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.