[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You saved the AWA, but how?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: awa.jpg (65KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
awa.jpg
65KB, 620x350px
Its Jan. 1st 1984. shocked by the loss of Hulk Hogan to the WWF, AWA owner has hired you as his booker and creative director.
This is the roster Verne signs to contracts to prevent any further losses and its the roster you have to work with.
1984 AWA ROSTER

OWNER/PROMOTER

Verne Gagne

BOOKER: YOU

FACES

Curt Hennig
Larry Hennig
Rick Martel
The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane & Steve Keirn)
Steve O
The High Flyers (Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell)
Dick The Bruiser
Baron Von Raschke
The Blackjacks (Blackjack Mulligan & Blackjack Lanza)
The Crusher
Mike Graham (AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion*)
Mad Dog Vachon
Billy Robinson
Brad Rheingans

HEELS

Nick Bockwinkel (AWA World Champion as of Feb. 1984)
Ken Patera & Jerry Blackwell (AWA World Tag Team Champions as of Feb. 1984 - Sheik's Army)
Larry Zbysko
Mr. Saito
The Road Warriors
Jesse Ventura
Bruiser Brody
King Kong Bundy
Abdullah the Butcher
'Gorgeous' Jimmy Garvin
'Mr. Electricity' Steve Regal (Not to be confused with current WWE wrestler William/Steven Regal)

MANAGERS

Sheik Adnan el-Kaissey (Manager - Sheik's Army - Blackwell, Patera, Abdullah & Brody)
Bobby Heenan (Manager - Nick Bockwinkel)
Precious (Valet- Jimmy Garvin)
Paul Ellering (Manager - Road Warriors)
>>
>>2539112
you obviously have to move heaven and earth to get Magnum TA away from JCP
>>
That list comes from an old link to a fantasy booking thread somewhere. I should have edited out the title wins and face/heel labels.
One fantasy scenario I like to think about is what if Bruiser Brody had won the AWA World title from Nick Bockwinkel? I woudve had Verne take on a role similar to Vince vs Steve Austin except Verne wouldve been pretty much playing himself as an out-of-touch authoritarian absolutely convinced of his own moral superiority. In his mind, Bruiser Brody as World champion would be a huge black eye for pro wrestling in general and the AWA in particular and he would be very condescending and self-righteous in every promo. He wouldnt act like a true heel because he would be convinced hes the actual good guy. I think Brody could have been an even bigger star as the franchise of a promotion.
>>
>>2539128
Well, when did Magnum get crippled? I used Brody even though he would die, like, 3 years later. I think Magnum got hurt in 84 or 85.
>>
>>2539204
October of 86
>>
>>2539194
Yeah I'd pretty much steal storylines and gimmicks from the future. Make Curt Mr. Perfect. Give Jesse the Rick Rude intro. Not sure who would be the Million Dollar Man, Undertaker, nWo, etc. Try to connect with MTV and Hollywood. Pay the Sheik to break Hogan's leg.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.