[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Word from Meltz is Shibata will probably never wrestle again. Fuck.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12

File: shibata.png (213KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
shibata.png
213KB, 350x350px
Word from Meltz is Shibata will probably never wrestle again.

Fuck.
>>
>>2536276
Maybe you shouldn't fucking headbutt people
>>
Who is shibata?
>>
>>2536276
Then you do something that would make even Chris Benoit go "Nah man... NAH!" then you got a problem.
>>
>last match is a 5 star match
GOAT
>>
File: 1491080272949.jpg (47KB, 960x876px) Image search: [Google]
1491080272949.jpg
47KB, 960x876px
>>2536276
Source?

he's flipped between work, not work, sadly not worked and now "he deed"

could he just shut the fuck up and let them announce something rather then guess and say " y'know things can change"
>>
>>2536276
Shoot headbutt and diving swan headbutt are the worst.

Do the clutch side one fujiwara does. And the regular diving headbutt harley did,
>>
more like shitbata
>>
reminder that he should have been suspended after he was caught cheating
>>
>>2536276
He absolutely fucked up in the dumbest way possible.

If you headbutt someone you do it with he top of your forehead, it's structurally far stronger.

He hit the flat of his frontal bone squarely against the curve of Okada's.

He fucked up.
>>
>>2536291
>>2536297
https://streamable.com/tbagn
>>
>>2536276
Based Shibby going out like a legend.
>>
>>2536311
Dude was always reckless.

He killed someone.
>>
>>2536302
>every dave meltzer "statement"

>"uh... well... y'know...... well....back in '86 they did tokyo dome show in January and well... y'know, that's uh.... that's how it goes sometimes, y'know"
>>
>>2536302
Dave's daily update.

>>An update on the situation with Katsuyori Shibata. Unfortunately the news appears to be very bad and that the injuries are not storyline. This is not 100 percent because there are many situations historically where this could be just storyline or a cover for something else, but it appears this is the case and that a combination of dehydration and the trauma of the legitimately skull-on-skull head-butt hospitalized him and at this point it is believed he will never be cleared to wrestle. He is currently in the hospital and is awake, can carry on a conversation, has some memories of the match itself. He initially had some right side paralysis but that is getting better.
>>
>>2536276

Really? That dumbass headbutt ended his career?
>>
>>2536321
Bleh.

Kill all sonnybones
>>
>>2536322
>cripple yourself into retirement so people don't remember you putting the chap over

he stole daniel bryan's gimmick
>>
He probably cut 5 years off of Okada's career too
>>
File: worked himself into the hospital.jpg (136KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
worked himself into the hospital.jpg
136KB, 1600x900px
Dumb fucking nips. When will they get over their stiff bullshit.

You ended you career and chance make big yen for a 5 star match. Wew. Are we sure he wasn't already brain damaged.
>>
>>2536355
Its just him and the old hw noah crew.
>>
File: C2GOrhcXEAAoG1M.jpg (79KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C2GOrhcXEAAoG1M.jpg
79KB, 1200x675px
>>2536366
https://twitter.com/mrlariato/status/820091204213886976

kotoge does headbutts too.
>>
>>2536373
Which way?

I find juns ajpw the safest desu.
>>
>>2536321
>>2536320
Holy Weeew
>muh strongstyle
>muh mma background

Tana said it was bullshit and you didn't need to kill yourself to have great matches, nd you legit just Fuck your shit up forever

and
for whaaaaaat?

get fucked.
>>
>>2536276
Shouldve just fake headbutted like that guy with the umbrella
>>
>>2536457
It's more due to shibatas own style. There's a reason why most didn't want to work with him.

He belongs in the 00's and In Noah.
>>
do these retarded gooks know that wrestling is fake?
>>
>>2536457
Strong Style was never about stiffness or hitting each other for real. Not even in shoot style matches did you see legit headbutts.
>>
>>2536276
Well, that fucking sucks. I'm just glad there's a large catalogue of awesome Shibby matches to look back on.

But this does make me ask, how was Benoit cleared to wrestle for so many years when his brain apparently resembled that of an 80 year-old Alzheimer's patient? I assume he had semi-regular scans.
>>
>>2536541
Problem is Shibatas quarrel strong style. He wanted to merge brawling with shoot and mma and some of Noah's stuff.
>>
>>2536544
Not until he died. Wwe used to not give a fuck.

Lesson is, headbutts are dangerous.
>>
Any gif or webm of the headbutt that finished him?
>>
>retards itt unironically think japs give a fuck about Melty's opinion

Shibby killing himself has nothing to do with le meltz.
>>
>>2536561
Can't find any right now, but here's a video of it, just 26 seconds long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsR7XYHhGM
>>
I'm surprised they let him get away with headbutting their golden boy. Glad Okada is okay at least. They'd be truly fucked if he was the one who got injured.
>>
Oh well. At least he went out like a badass after one of the greatest matches of his career, wrestling Okada for the title and almost kicking him to death on live TV while the fans screamed his name. Not a bad ending.
>>
>>2536578
It's actually kind of funny how such a viscous headbutt ended up hurting him more than his opponent. I get that was probably the intention, but even in kayfabe, if you're the one bleeding instead of your opponent, you fucked up
>>
>>2536539
What happens in the ring is everything to Jap audience and wrestlers themselves. They'll damn near kill themselves and each other in order to put on a legendary match and be remembered.
>>
>>2536539
They suck so they feel like they have to compensate by legit hurting themselves. They're like average backyard shitters, only gooks.
>>
>>2536588
There are definitely worse ways to bow out. Like Taker did.
>>
>>2536597
I think the gimmick is supposed to be Shibata is willing to hurt himself in order to hurt his opponent.
>>
>>2536601
ignorant e drone as expected
>>
>>2536544
Concern about head trauma is very new. They didn't give a shit back then.
>>
File: _90895346_wwe.jpg (93KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
_90895346_wwe.jpg
93KB, 976x549px
>>2536539
>>2536601
>>
>>2536629
Kek.
>>
>>2536588
How many years has he wrestled and has he made enough to retire comfortably?
>>
>>2536629
lol and this wound up being a terrible match, and the company had to apologize with a title reign
>>
>>2536639
we can barely get a report indicating if he's brain dead or it's all a work, how would anyone know his finances?.

he's been Wrestling and did MMA since the early 2000's though.
his brain looks like a sloppy joe probably.
>>
>>2536599
kek remembered by who?

dave meltzer?
>>
>>2536639
He's been around for a long time. Think he debuted with Tanahashi. I'm honestly not sure how much NJPW stars make, but Shibata's had a few runs near the top.
>>
>>2536651
Jap fans are infamous for their devotion. NJPW is working on expanding and offering more ease of access to western audiences, but they don't exist just for us.
>>
File: 1492124087053.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492124087053.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>2536665
He's kinda been in the dog house since he returned to New Japan. In fact I don't think they offered him a full contract until last year when they decided either he finally paid his debts or they decided they can actually trust him.
>>
>>2536276
based angry headbutt man
F
>>
>>2536692
Someone should have told this guy that wrestling is only supposed to LOOK real, you don't have to legitimately hurt yourself.
>>
First Honma now Shibata. Both headbutt guys gone within months in NJPW (even if Honma's injury was from a DDT)
>>
>>2536276
Who is this guy's WWE equivalent in terms of name/star power?
>>
>>2536725
somewhere between orton and cesaro
>>
>>2536725
uh..
he's over I know that
and they just had him in a title bout..
..fuck I guess maybe Dean Ambrose or Corbin.

Upper mid-card, teetering on headliner and probably would have been given the push had it not been for his time away from the sport.
>>
>>2536321
man, what a bummer. First Honma now Shibata.
>>
>>2536725
Goldberg maybe? The crowd was firmly behind him in his match against Okada, but that might have had more to do with them knowing he was going to lose so there was no harm in cheering for him.
>>
File: Wikia_Psych_-_the_miz.jpg (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Wikia_Psych_-_the_miz.jpg
54KB, 300x300px
>ultra stiff gook almost kills himself and has to end his career, only gets a blowjob from Meltzer and the love of half a dozen obese losers on the internet
>Based King of Soft Style Miz is injury-free and will keep getting even more rich by wrestling for at least one more decade

wew
>>
>>2536816
The ironic part is that some criticized Miz because he came from a reality show and thought that he wouldn't last.
>>
>>2536816
Miz Wins.
Mocks his protege for not wrestling in a Bingo Hall
Wrestles the top dude of his generation at Wrestlemania and has the crowd going Ape for him
Hot Wife
Rich
Modern Day Ric Flair
>>
>>2536570
>That thud

Holy shit that was hard to watch.
>>
>>2536816
No one cares about the Miz, and no one will care when he's gone.
>>
>>2536276
Good, maybe dumb gooks will stop fucking headbutting people.

If you're gonna do a headbutt properly, make it a worked headbutt like Jack Gallagher's and only do the head to chest with a slap on the thigh
>>
>>2536601
Except they're better at wrestling than 90% of Western wrestlers you WEWbabby
>>
>>2536816
>never had a 5 star match
>never the guy
>never drew a dime
>>
>>2536816

>le bantz

You either go out with a bang, or sizzle out into obscurity.
Same reason some people would prefer dying at 50 then suffering till they are 90.
>>
it sucks for Shibata because I thought the story in the ring laid the groundwork for a rematch down the road where Shibata wins, but Jesus that head butt. And to Okada no less. Between this and that top rope dragon suplex someone needs to tell Okada to reign back some of the moves during the big Matches. They are entertaining without them.
>>
>Be dumb and reckless
>End your career

I mean I hate to be that guy but if one of your spots is a headbutt you're gonna fuck up one of thee days
>>
>>2536629

The worst thing about that spot was if the company wasn't so against blading it would have been much safer for Orton to give himself color.
>>
>>2536639

That depends. If he wants to live in Tokyo or Osaka the rest of his life he is straight up fucked.
>>
>>2536544
>slight memory loss is common
>it's nbd, just come back to the ring once your ears stop ringing
The only part steroids played in his death was letting him get back to hurting himself sooner.
>>
>>2536855

Still has a working brain and will wrestle until he himself decides to retire.
>>
>>2536844
If I remember, the clutching headbutt they used to do in the older days involved butting the back of the hand holding the head. Makes for a nice slap, with marginally less brain damage.
>>
>>2536639
He debuted along with Tanahashi and was one of the big three along with Nakamura. NJPW pay is kept pretty secret, but we know AJ Styles had to be making at least 600,000 USD because that's what he turned down with TNA , so I would imagine it'd be around that much. But he's only 37 and if he lives in an area like Osaka or Tokyo that can go a lot quicker than you'd think.
>>
>>2536855
>Stays in 5 star hotels
>Rarely anyone is
>Yet lives in a mansion

and where is youre soup brained japanese gods?
>>
>>2536816
>injury-free

Are we forgetting that Cena concussed Miz, or that Kofi fucked up Miz's nose? Let's not pretend he's never been hurt.
>>
>>2536995
never caused them
>>
>>2536997
He didn't catch Truth on a dive in 2012, which I think concussed him.
>>
>>2536534
>didn't

Lots of guys loved working with him and constantly wanted to.
>>
>>2537004
1 injury in a 10 + Career.

WEW
>>
>>2536816
>live crowd of 15,000 screaming for your dick as you stiff the beloved golden boy champ for an hour
>half a dozen obese losers on the internet
Ok.
>>
>>2537074
>can come into work tomorrow
>Permanent Brain Damage

tough choice
>>
>>2537088
Miz is probably the best heel in WWE right now, and puts on good matches while minimizing risk. There's no doubt about that.
You should probably stop pretending that /asp/ is the entire worldwide wrestling fanbase, though.
>>
>>2537100
don't be mad your lad ended his career and nearly his life a few nights ago for your amusement.
>>
File: 1491739692887.webm (733KB, 538x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491739692887.webm
733KB, 538x300px
>One of the most notoriously stiff workers in the business goes out by hitting a savagely stiff headbutt and perfectly busting himself open in a 5 star match.

You really couldn't ask for a better final match to be honest. Outside the injuries he should be happy.
>>
File: so it seems.jpg (31KB, 158x239px) Image search: [Google]
so it seems.jpg
31KB, 158x239px
>>2536346
nice
>>
>>2537074
15,000 (((packed)))
>>
This was bound to happen since he was actually headbutting people like a fucking idiot. That thud, though, goddamn.
>>
>>2537115
yes outside of no longer being able to do the thing you love, ending your career years ahead of when it should have with $$$$ on the table, a unfulfilled redemption story and potential life long brain damage.

it was awesome.

you and people like you are the reason Misawa died.
>>
No equivalent. In terms of card position or fanbase? NJPW Main card is stacked as fuck right now. You have five guys that could have the main title and no one would object, and he's one of them
>>
>>2536816
>King of Soft Style

KEK
>>
>>2537157
and its gonna be my man fale who beats him too

so make it 6
>>
So how exactly do you end your career with a headbutt? I don't get it, did he crack his skull or smth?
>>
>>2536692
The refs face says it all
>>
>>2536276
good. he sucks.
>>
File: 1461531994033.gif (955KB, 295x270px) Image search: [Google]
1461531994033.gif
955KB, 295x270px
>>2536816
>Third wheel in his own Wrestlemania main event
>Was never over as champ
>Everyone has seen his wifes puss
>Worked into a shoot by a retired guy
>Mid card Jobber to the Jobbers of the Stars
>>
>>2537391
It's a pretty puss though. The pics are already out there, he can just comfort himself knowing he gets to bang it whenever she lets him.
>>
>>2537339
subdural hematoma are the most deadly kind of head injuries.

Sub means under
dural means skin
hema means blood
toma means clot

The head butt probably made a clump of blood clot go into his brain or make his brain bleed any more blunt force trauma could lead to a stroke
>>
>>2537339
It isn't one headbutt, it's a decade+ of them along with a very physical style, along with a decent amateur wrestling and unsuccessful mma career. This one, and subsequent subdural hematoma is just what broke the camels back.
>>
Naito or Shibata? Who's better?
>>
>>2537407
if he wasn't selling in the ring, which I don't think he was given how quickly het got out of there.
I think he did...
he legit couldn't move his right arm at all, and kept collapsing
>>
>>2537410
One of the things I love about Minoru Suzuki: he destroyed his body in Pancrase and when he came back to wrestling decided to wrestle a much "lighter" style to protect himself as much as possible. Which is why he's able to still put on good matches at almost 50 years old.
>>
>>2537416
I prefer Shibata, but Naito does less things that annoy the fuck out of me. I can't stand the whole YOU HIT ME, I HIT YOU crap from Shibata; though to be fair a lot of Japanese wrestlers do that crap, but he's probably the worst with it.
>>
>>2537416

Naito is more charismatic and over. Shibata has far more intensity.

Both are capable of putting on amazing matches, Naito probably slightly more-so.
>>
>>2537416
Shibata blows Naito out of the water. I loved their feud together, though.
>>
Ehh, Shibata wasn't anything special anyway. Didn't bring anything that other people didn't bring already.
>except a career ending injury to himself lel
>>
>>2536355

learn english
>>
>>2536541
>Not even in shoot style matches did you see legit headbutts.
Yeah, Ishikawa and Ikeda were above that shit. They just shoot punched each other instead, way more entertaining
>>
If he had won the title and had to retire that would have been a perfect story.

I mean it would still make Okada look strong as fuck that he had to end his own career to win.
>>
>>2536816
Will be fucked over at RAW anyways,
Also Owens is a midcarder now.
Fuck wwe.
>>
play stupid games, win stupid prizes
>>
>>2536816

Based Big Bollocks Miz

>>2536849

LEL go rim a bonsai tree you fucking weeb faggot

>>2536855

Absolutely SEETHING
>>
>>2537416
Naito's fucking hilarious, Shibata is a tryhard
>>
>>2536276
Shit.
He never won the big belt, but he ended his career with a classic.
I always thought that these stiff as fuck headbutts will come back to bite him in the end, but that was fast.
Hopefully he gets better.
>>
>>2537564
You would think Bretcuck would respect japanese wrestlers more considering Bret's time in japan and how he had nothing but praise for the scene. Oh well, I guess he's just another edgy contrarian racist..
>>
>>2537629
He's a pom that cheerleads for Trump, he's a fuckin' moron.
>>
>>2536816
I pray to god that the chinese bootleg mickael jackson won't wrestle based Miz anytime soon, we don't need him to injure actual draws
>>
>>2537761
Based Miz is on raw now.
No other heel currently on smackdown is worth caring about. Gookameme would be doing us a favour if he strong styled them all into retirement.
>>
>>2536322
Better his own than his opponents who puts on 5* matches every night.
>>
>>2537115
Holy fuck look at that package!
>>
one less potential non draw for wwe to hire
>>
Good, that's what he gets for being a mark for himself, this shit's supposed to be fake like a magic trick.
>>
>>2537100
>puts on good matches

The last good match he was in was what?
>>
>>2537946
Literally the first thing they tell you at any wrestling school is that this is a full-contact sport and you're gonna get hit for real eventually

i know your social anxiety and wheezing obese frame make it impossible for you to ever find that out for yourself but trust me
>>
File: 1492168591262.jpg (43KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492168591262.jpg
43KB, 436x600px
>"Today, as soon as questions about Shibata came up, Okada - who did not appear for a post-match interview after the Ryogoku event - choked up and said: "I think Shibata is a ridiculously earnest person. That's why if we were to make another promise, I believe he would try to uphold it. 'Let's fight again' is the promise I'm making here today, so the message I want to send [to Shibata] is: 'Please keep that promise.'"
>>
>>2538366
Yes, but do they tell you "Be sure to headbutt your opponent hard enough to give yourself a brain bleed. We don't want it to show any light."
>>
>>2538366
>You are going to get hurt sooner or later anyway, so feel free to headbutt each other for real
Retard Restling School
>>
>get wrecked in shoot fights
>move to fake fighting but still act like a shooter
>take liberties with guys that trust you to get yourself over
>end up crippling yourself trying to hurt someone else
such a shame
>>
>>2538439
>Being a retard on /asp/
Such a shame.
>>
>>2538412
Miz please stop posting
>>
>>2538444
IHTFP
>>
>>2538444
>average shibata mark being as brain dead as their hero
such a shame
>>
>>2538465
>Calls others brain dead while he can't even into basic grammar
Such a shame.
>>
Based Big "Calfornia Cuckster" Dave Meltzer giving 5 stars for this match in order to enable more of these gooks to forever ruin their lives in order to get more snowflakes on a digital copy of the Wrestling Observer.
>>
>>2538386

is Japanese wrestling real-life anime?
>>
File: 1471654709321.jpg (170KB, 1600x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1471654709321.jpg
170KB, 1600x1556px
>>2537125

Could be depending on the venue
>>
>>2536276
better to burn out that just fade away, OP

nippon prefers the blaze of glory exit rather than the wrestlemania 33 exit
>>
>>2538515
>being this retarded you use grammar as your benchmark for mental fitness

SAD!
>>
>>2538780
Grammar is usually a good indication of one's mental capacity, yes. But I'll give you a pass if you're under 18.
>>
How big of a loss is this to NJ? Can the void be filled?
>>
>>2538641
Yes
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.