[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asp/ history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What was /asp/ like when Hogan slammed Andre in front of 100k Hulkamaniacs in the Superdome?
>>
>>2531560
I've never understood the appeal of this.

Also

>silverdome
>>
File: Ed_Don_George.jpg (24KB, 466x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ed_Don_George.jpg
24KB, 466x480px
Where did all the real men go?
>>
>>2531572
It was a big deal at the time because Andre hadn't been beaten or even knocked off his feet. He put the hulkster over strong and the rest is history.
>>
>>2531572

It was built well. Andre was nearly Goldberg levels of unbeatable at the time, and Hogan was near the height of his babyface popularity. So they built a good program off of it, and widely loved babyface hitting a big power move on a 500 lbs guy and winning was the payoff spot.

Also, all you hear about how fucking awesome it was comes from WWE, which is completely full of shit about everything, so it's probably a third as awesome as they say it is.
>>
BASED REAL AMERICAN WORKING THE SMARKS
>>
>>2531560
This company is dead. Hoganetty will never draw dimes.
>>
>>2531607
Dude, if via time machine and black magic we had Bill Goldberg in his prime against André the Giant in his prime, Goldberg would be crushed like an insect by the big strong fat french guy of doom.
>>
>>2531598
Erm... no. Even Hogan powerslammed him before. And he was powerslammed multiple times before this. So.... revisionism history at its finest.
>>
>>2531560
Manlet gooks like Steamboat are ruining the company
>>
>>2533438
>Erm... no. Even Hogan powerslammed him before. And he was powerslammed multiple times before this. So.... revisionism history at its finest.

Yeah and Andre wasn't "undefeated" as well. So what? Nobody watching at the time knew or remembered and this was the first time they did it on a big stage & national scale.
>>
Started watching wrestling when I was 13 (14?)...around 2003-2004. I can tell you for sure revisionist history is a thing. I thought Triple H and the Rock won the Monday Night Wars and this has been commissioner stone cold Steve Austin provided auxiliary support. Like it blows my mind almost a decade later I find out that Austin was the center figure during attitude Era and triple H was what? The 90s dolph ziggler? Also I like Taker but he was a generic monster who is now venerated.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.