[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just signed up for New Japan World. What was his first match

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: smackwinsagain.png (543KB, 960x514px) Image search: [Google]
smackwinsagain.png
543KB, 960x514px
Just signed up for New Japan World. What was his first match where he debuted with his red leather Swagsuke gimmick? I want to understand his growth arc.
>>
>growth

I cant remember the exact date but it was sudden as fuck in 2009. He was boring old shinsuke then all these pictures and videos of what he was doing in cmll started going around confusing everyone. He returned completely different and completely based as jap prince freddie jackson.
>>
>>2528990
It was during his CMLL tour in 2011 sorry senpai. But you can see the beginning of his evolution to King of Strong Style when he started CHAOS which was early 2009 this was when he started using the Bomaye
>>
>>2529007
>freddie jackson
>>
>>2529007
>>2529012
So CMLL is the GOAT gimmick factory?
>>
>>2529044
in the case of Naito and Nakamura it pretty much gave them new life Nakamura was a boring serious le shoot mma man before he went through his transition and Naito was a boring shit tier Rocky Maivia face
>>
>>2529044
More like charisma factory, wrestler gets a gimmick and learns how to get over while there
>>
>>2529044
I dunno for sure but I think the idea is that you go down there and you're away from your own fed and your own fans and you have a lot of freedom to tinker with your gimmick and a lot of veterans to help you cause CMLL is such an old organization?
>>
File: okato.jpg (99KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
okato.jpg
99KB, 774x1032px
>>2529044
Guys are sent to different places around the globe but mexico is one of the most popular. NJPW has a working agreement with CMLL so that is where they go. It's to help them become more well-rounded wrestlers.

Okada was sent to TNA years ago. It didn't go quite as well.
>>
>>2529150
That and Hardy being a fuckwit at WK 5 fucked the TNA/NJPW relationship
>>
>>2529159
>also vince russo just randomly changed the IWGP tag titles on an episode of TNA without tellin NJPW
>>
>>2529163
holy shit that's right looking back TNA really thought they were hot shit in that agreement fast forward 4 years and they were hosting Bound For Glory with fucking Wrestle-1 kek
>>
>>2529150
BASED TERIYAKI MAKER
>>
>>2529044
An ant could go there and return as the second coming of The Rock.
>>
>>2529044
abso-fucking-lutely

except for Yoshitatsu

that guy just sucks
>>
Watch his 2009 G1 performance. That's basically his transformation.
>>
File: kek.jpg (10KB, 187x190px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
10KB, 187x190px
>>2529163

dont forget

Russo booking the Dudley Boys as challengers to the Motor City Machineguns for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championships
>>
>>2529150
>It didn't go quite as well.
Maybe not in TNA, but something obviously worked.
>>
File: poperain.jpg (76KB, 275x407px) Image search: [Google]
poperain.jpg
76KB, 275x407px
>>2529150
>It didn't go quite as well.
literally stole the rainmaker gimmick from danagleo dinero all the way down to the money making it rain and the jacket.
>>
File: Okada.jpg (107KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
Okada.jpg
107KB, 640x582px
>>2531041
That's New Japan's way of saying "Fuck you" to TNA

and fast forward to now
>>
>>2531059

Is Okada white?
>>
>>2529150
>Okada described his new persona as a combination of the three professional wrestling styles he had learned, stating that he took his dropkick from Mexico, his "fighting spirit" from Japan and the "TV and the entertainment" from the United States.

His TNA run was very fruitful and is where he got his gimmick.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.