[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happen? Why people hate it now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 5

File: NXT[1].jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NXT[1].jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
What happen? Why people hate it now?
>>
Smarks are crybaby faggots that sperg out when their fantasy booking doesn't come to play
>>
Based Michael Cole isn't on commentary shitting on the show every 5 seconds anymore.
>>
i havent watched the nxt weeklys regularly since 2014. it is night and day. lots of talented people but boring as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4NvpSKCEI
>>
Once Owens left it went to shit
>>
it's not that bad now, but right after Balor got called up it was pretty weak for a good while. seems like their top guys now are Roode, Ohno, and maaaaybe Sombra.
>>
Everyone realized what it is. It's haitchs glorified bingo hall fed. Like anything that is cool it starts to suck after a while. The suck is because Haitch is running out of tna guys that actually have a sliver of credibility to put on top. Roode is just ok but after that if it isn't Eli Drake I can't be bothered to watch.
>>
>>2508340
>Why people hate it now?
reddit sent HHH a fruit basket so now he books everything for them. One long glorious meme.
>>
>>2508340
Baloring and Bobby Meme killed the men's division. Asgooka killed the women's division
>>
>>2508372
Pretty much this, Finn vs Joe for the 50th time killed it for me
>>
>>2508340
Because it's embarrassing meme garbage for old, washed-up hacks. 205 is the good wrestling show now.
>>
>>2508340
Dusty died.
>>
>>2508417
actually, I want to change my answer to this.
>>
>>2508363
NXT didn't start building around TNA guys until Senor Joe.

>>2508371
>this afraid of another website
>>
>>2508484
They ran out of ring of honor guys. What happens after they run out of tna guys? Asuka fighting dragons and doing karate seminars?
>>
Ryan Ward wrote gold for NXT. Now he's on smackdown and the difference shows
>>
>>2508492
>They ran out of ring of honor guys. What happens after they run out of tna guys?

Theyll start taking NJPW or Progress or most likely evolve
>>
>>2508492
I'd watch that
>>
>>2508499
That will become a huge problem. You can't push a bunch of nips as your top guys in America. I'm all for bringing over omega(that dude is the shit) and maybe okada if Nakamura works but the American public will not buy a product that is top heavy in nips.
>>
It's a developmental brand that uses top tier talent to help train younger guys but went through a spell of having some of the best workers on the planet on one show together, but now that most of them are on Raw/Smackdown it's mostly just rookie guys now and everyone that left are either injured or poorly booked.
>>
>>2508510
How the fuck is asuka going to teach these girls to be hot?
>>
Based Drifter is literally saving NXT
>>
>>2508417
This plus Ryan Ward going to SmackDown more than anything, honestly.
>>
>>2508653
Who the fuck is ryan ward?
>>
>>2508503
Bet you 20 bucks Nakamurai and Hojo are huge hits, my dude.
>>
Balors boring title reign ruined nxt
>>
>>2508659
He was the head writer for NXT when everybody was super into it. He's now the head writer on SmackDown.
>>
It's about to become 10x worse. Nakamura, Drifter, and Almas are getting called up. And that new tag-team showing up at house shows has got to be the worst thing Triple H has come up with in his career.
>>
>>2508340
ancient indie oldfags held all the belts and squashed young talent.

the good writer left for smack
>>
It seems like there's a lot more emphasis on Takeovers now, which makes the weekly show feel kind of pointless.

Like, I'd never fucking miss a Takeover and it's probably still the best thing WWE puts out, but I almost never watch the actual show and I don't miss a thing.
>>
>>2508660
You aren't a good gambler
>>
>>2508668
McIntyre, Ohno and Black sounds like a good lineup to me.

Also DIY vs. Sanity might be based.
>>
>>2508670
Nxt is pointless they don't even showcase the top talent. You will go 3 weeks without seeing the champ
>>
>>2508678
We are all lucky you aren't Vince
>>
>>2508492
>They ran out of ring of honor guys.

Another one is debuting next month

>>2508503
>I am threatened by Azns
>>
>>2508678
That's really scraping the barrel. Would rather go to ROH desu.
>>
>now

Memext was never good

>>2508497
>people unironically think Memext/Cuckdown Live ever was gold

The standard truly has fallen
>>
>>2508660
>divashit
>huge
>GOOK divashit

Ayy
>>
>>2508684
>>2508691
>>2508695
>Ohno, McIntyre & Black aren't good

I'm guessing you Drones never saw any of them wrestle before this year.
>>
>>2508695
You missed out on some god tier tag teaming, dude.
>>
The fact is they steal other promotions guys. You cannot dispute that. Nxt is haitchs glorified bingo hall. Who is the last star who started in nxt? Enzo??? No, the gay blonde cop? No, Alexa big dog Bliss is a woman so no, ummm Who, who , who?
>>
>>2508694
This post reeks of 15 year old that just learned some new buzzwords
>>
>>2508698
Mate, I've seen enough PROGRESS to get my fill of those jabroons. I'm not gonna sit through MemeXT just to see Hero have a 2 star with No Way Jose.
>>
>>2508704
>Tozawa got over during his debut in Corpus Christi

Dumb white trash gets BTFO again
>>
>>2508715
The Revival
American Alpha
DIY (technically)
>>
>>2508717
Why would you wanna watch hero sandwich wrestle a more talented wrestler in a shitty FAKE Indy fed?
>>
>>2508717
>implying NWJ vs. KO won't be a 4-star classic
>>
>>2508715
If you're asking "what male main eventers came from NXT?" the answer is basically just Bray and Roman.
>>
>>2508731
DIY and Revival are all indie guys
>>
>>2508731
All those teams blow. Why are you bringing a big Mac to a steak cook-off?
>>
>>2508734
>I watch it for the PLOT
>>
>>2508738
And those are the only successful guys desu
>>
>>2508738
Roman came from fcw
>>
>>2508739
None of them had ever teamed up before NXT.

>>2508740
Please tell me your fave tag team in WWE presently so I can laugh at you

NORMAL MODE: no Hardys
>>
File: W8M1.jpg (95KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
W8M1.jpg
95KB, 700x400px
>>2508738
If he means "star" as "somebody on the main roster now" you've got these 2 Andre winners:
>>
>>2508745
Splittin' hairs here, my dude.
>>
>>2508749
The Hardy's suck. Honestly R truth and Goldust are the most talented tag team Wwe has.
>>
>>2508751
The "stories & characters" are fake too, numbnuts.
>>
>>2508763
>Golden Truth

HAHAHAHAHA fuck you somehow managed to fall below my expectations holy shit.

>team that hasn't been on TV since Boxing Day
>>
>>2508756
Not him but Reigns was barely in NXT for like 10 minutes overall.
>>
>>2508354
Hulu-Early Network was the GOAT era of NXT.
>>
>>2508773
And WWE hasn't been good at telling stories for over 16 years.
>>
>>2508766
You are a moron. Truth has worked more gimmicks than you will work vaginas in your life(that speaks volumes about you) Goldust is a true pro who always does what's best for business(unlike your mom who disrespected the human race by not aborting you) and golden truth unironically is the best tag team in WWE. That is an indictment on Vince and his creative but it doesn't change the fact that your mom was a bobble head and you probably were conceived via toilet seat.
>>
>>2508782
>this worked up
>>
>>2508782
Bah gawd!
>>
>>2508766
Nigga, R-Truth and Goldust are fucking classics.
>>
>>2508791
Screen capping this destruction
>>
>>2508800
I like them both individually but the tag team sucks.

>tfw CONSPIRACY! Troof will never return
>>
>>2508803
Nigga please he's Vince best friend how you think he's kept a job so long?
>>
>>2508816
What's that go to do with anything I said?
>>
>>2508782
Holy shit. To compare the Golden Truth to God-tier tag teams like the Revival and #Diy makes me feel embarrassed for you. For real.
>>
>>2508340
/asp hates on NXT because they have a desperate need to feel cooler than reddit. Y'all are pathetic.
>>
>>2508839
You are denying the truth anon. Nakamura is going to bring you Kung Truth and save you(and me from having to hear about it) from terrible television. Nakamura will teach Truth how to be a samurai and Truth got that cat fishing on lockdown son.
>>
>>2508853
You do not understand wrestling.
>>
>>2508857
Not just /asp/ but everyone hate weekly nxt shows they only care about takeovers.
>>
>>2508853
Who the fuck are those teams(im guessing) that you are talking about?
>>
>>2508340
Because the title is now pointless. It just goes to the most popular guy who's going to drop it right before heading to the main roster.
>>
>>2508417
It's this and >>2508665
>>
>>2508874
It's not pointless. Did anyone foresee Joe getting the title back from Nakamura in his rematch? It's developemental, you must understand but they still work hard to surprise us.
>>
>>2508895
If Joe didn't win it would've shat on the whole title.
>>
>>2508863
Oh you mean the teams that had the universally recognized best tag team matches in the US this year AND last. Who are those guys? It's ok, you'll learn more about wrestling someday, champ. *pats head*
>>
>>2508902
But he did. So the title *does* mean something.
>>
>>2508860
I understand the storytelling and psychology aspects of wrestling than you ever will. Do you even know those words? Does the Golden Truth, for that matter?
>>
>>2508907
That's fake news dude. Your heroes are really jabronis. I can't help it my wrestling pedigree is light years ahead of you(i wrestled at a high level). You sit here and push these asshole(the late great Ric Flair said this about /your/ guys) and try to call me out on my wrestling pedigree??? Please little nigger
>>
>>2508932
How *high* were you? You seem like you're pretty high right now.
>>
It's a sjw Indy shit

>women with red hair
>fat guys
>Gay guys
>Trannies
>>
Ever since they fucked up the NXT theme the show has become unwatchable along with it. Their recent focus on alternative trends like shitty numetal, tattoos, Twilight characters and cringy emo shit have pushed me over the edge.
>>
>>2508937
I have a guy here who admits girls can beat him up
Why are you questioning me?
>>
>>2508932
You have no pedigree. You know nothing. You wouldn't know a great match if you had a ring-side seat to it. And I don't believe your claims at doing more.
>>
Few reasons why I stopped watching after being hooked in 2014/2015

>less of a developmental, more of Le indie veteran show

>weekly shows are entirely skippable

>lack of homegrown main eventers

>rematches on back to back Takeovers, having Joe vs Balor 3 takeovers in a row got stale

>the magic that was there in 2014 isn't there anymore
>>
>>2508953
Forgot to add

>every big indie signee story is "the hottest free agent, so they immediately get a title shot"
>>
>>2508959
It's pretty embarrassing how WWE acts like tna is hot shit and being Bobby roode is something to be proud of
>>
File: 1471374320762.jpg (65KB, 557x533px) Image search: [Google]
1471374320762.jpg
65KB, 557x533px
Make it a dumb reality show again

Purposefully cast the worst talent possible

Let the announcers treat it like a wrestling-themed MST3K.

Seriously, season 3 with the divas is fantastic stuff.
>>
I don't hate it. I just lost interest. It was really great in 2014 but the novelty wore off when guys you liked get called up and turn to straight up garbage on the main roster.

Now they're just signing indie darlings who don't interest me all that much.
>>
Seeing the many nxt call ups flop the main roster also made me lose some interest in nxt
>>
>>2508981
Don't blame NXT for poor main roster booking.
>>
>>2508782
Holy shit, destroyed
>>
>>2508932
You think Ric Flair is dead. You don't know shit.
>>
>>2508782
Lol, u mad, bro?
>>
>>2508990
Not him, but why should you watch NXT when you know the gimmicks won't carry over where they matter most?

>Be me and like The Ascension
>The Ascension are a great tag team who get chants and are allowed to wrestle
>Come to the main roster
>First match is against Old Age Outlaws
>They win
>Okay cool
>Next week they get buried by a bunch of old timers
>Viktor eats a STIFF clothesline from hell from JBL just because
>Forever jobbers from then on
>These were the longest reigning NXT tag champs

If you're not an indie darling that HHH has a boner for and you're from NXT, then you're doomed.
>>
>>2509022
It won't be that way for Tye Dilinger. You'll see. He has great crowd support.
>>
>>2509027
What's Tyler Breeze upto these days?
>>
>>2508999
>>2509010
R Truth has had a more successful career than Nakamura. Try harder little guys
>>
>>2508999
You are a retard
>>
>>2509032
That's different. Anyone with half a brain could see that gimmick and look were 100% Indie tier. Of course he wouldn't go over in the big leagues.
>>
>>2509041
Is Flair alive or dead? You tell me.
>>
>>2509046
Lol what do you think?
>>
File: memevillains.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
memevillains.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>2509043
That's the point of NXT. You watch these gimmicks and whereas they may look "fun" you just know that they aren't gonna carry over well onto the main roster.

Webm related is another gimmick that fell hard on its face in the main roster.

That's what made people turn on NXT. It causes more harm than good, you know the potential that these guys have or are shown to have, but when they get on the main roster they're just generic jobbers or bodies to get thrown out in battle royales.

Same thing will happen to The Revival.
>>
>>2509046
Worked
>>
>>2509046
He's alive moron. How fucking dumb do you have to be? Did super Mario save a princess last week? No Neanderthal he didn't. Would you like me explain how fire works?
>>
>>2509050
Lol Exactly. Idiot.
>>
>>2509059
I know he's alive, dumbshit. That was the point. Which you obviously missed. Fuck you're retarded.
>>
>>2508940
Apparently they changed it at the latest tapings.

>>2508953
NXT had indie guys from Day 1. And the number of homegrown main eventers it's had, even in its early years, can be counted on your fingers.
>>
>>2509043
>Gorgeous George + Heartbreak Kid + 2015 = "100% indie tier"

>>2509052
>blaming NXT for main roster shitbooking

This was even already pointed out in here you stupid mark.
>>
>>2509109
Is English not your first language? I'm not blaming NXT for main roster booking, I'm blaming the culture it enforces of encouraging gimmicks like "The vaudevillains" that would never ever work week in week out on the main roster. It may look le quirky and fun to college students at fullsail, but to mainstream audiences it's full on cringe.
>>
>>2508782
>>2508796
>>2508801
>>2508816
>>2508858
>>2508860
>>2508863
>>2508932
>all this samefagging
>>
>>2508945
>>2508991
>>2509038
>>2509041
>>2509050
>>2509054
>>2509059
>>2509069
>all this retardation
>>
>>2509109
*spit-take* Tyler Breeze is part HBK?

Also, part antiquated gimmick? Ok
>>
>>2509113
Good thing Vaudevillains are heels.

>le cringe meme

>>2509125
>prettyboy
>superkick
>narcissist
>effeminate
>corner taunt
>sings theme
>a kick finisher

Which of them am I describing?

>antiquated

It's THE gimmick.
>>
>>2509144
>Vaudevillains are heels.

They are heels who don't get any reactions from anyone anywhere. So they're pretty much a failed gimmick.
>>
>>2509147
Name an important or relevant thing they did after the Tag Tournament.

>why aren't these guys who do nothing but job over?
>>
>>2509163
I'm confused, are you saying the vaudevillains are over?
>>
>>2509144
You forgot the part where one had the charisma to pull off such a gimmick and the other is a charisma-less wonder
>>
>>2509182
No. I'm pointing out exactly why they weren't over.

>>2509219
>Breeze isn't charismatic

wrong
>>
It's just /asp/ies shitposting
>>
>>2509254
You said it's cause they didn't do anything important and that's cause they don't get any reactions cause their gimmick for the most part is flat and boring to the casual viewer.
>>
They're making less singles stars. They're bringing in more and more older names in both women's and men's div. It's less a developmental show and becoming more a part of the corporate product by the month.

>>2508349
this too.
>>
>>2509349
>le casual viewer

What gimmick? Did they even get a single Vaudevillain Pictures segment on RAW?

>they don't get over because they don't get to do anything important
>they don't get to do anything important because they don't get over
>>
>>2509387
They were given an opportunity against New Day where they cut promos about how good things used to be in the old days, and then put in a program with Enzo and Cass, where Enzo got that nasty concussion. And then that story of Hunico beating up one of them backstage came out and they became jobbers ever since.

Point is, these teams come fresh from NXT and get thrust straight into the title mix, they don't get enough buzz from the crowd and the company gives up on them or they're used as enhancement talent. But anyone with a brain could have told you no one in 2016 was gonna eat up le strong man from the 20's gimmick and actually enjoy it.
>>
File: russobro.jpg (157KB, 423x296px) Image search: [Google]
russobro.jpg
157KB, 423x296px
>>2508340
Can't let anything really sit, or anyone to become a representation of the brand because of the inevitability of the call up. Also it's now basically become a bingo hall fed where they call up every shithouse indie darling there is, wouldn't be surprised if they call up flipfaggots like Will Ospreay and truly ruin the show.
>>
>>2509420
Vaudes were irrelevant nothings long before Gotch was beat up by Hunico.

>enjoy the gimmick

They're heels you dumbass.
>>
>>2509564
They're heels who can't get over you idiot.
>>
50 year olds holding the developmental titles.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.