[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any wrestling books (you) recommend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 1448819432311.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
1448819432311.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
Any wrestling books (you) recommend?
>>
File: alv.jpg (262KB, 1634x1632px) Image search: [Google]
alv.jpg
262KB, 1634x1632px
if you sign up for a free month of audible you get how's it going everybody man's death of wcw book for free
>>
jerichos first one is pretty good.

havent read the others.

i keep hearing bob hollys is surprisingly interesting
>>
>>2497956
Squared Circle by David Shoemaker
Death of WCW by Bryan Alvarez
Andre the Giant: Life and Legend by Brian Brown
Lion's Pride - The Turbulent History of NJPW by Chris Charlton
>>
i like titan shattered and titan sinking. Nice mix of shoot stuff and creative writing. Fun to read.
>>
Why not post some epubs and audio books gents?
>>
>>2498160
anybody want me to up teh death of wcw audio?
>>
>>2498163
Yeah sure
>>
>>2498166
alright but I demand at least 3 (you)s
>>
>>2498174
(you) are a faggot
(you) fuck dogs
(you) should upload the damn files because you've definitely leech off of others doing the same here without attention whoring
>>
>>2498163
yes mate.

In fact, any audiobooks would be well received, I have lots of travelling to do this month.
>>
Controversy Creates Bash
>>
>>2498163
>dildos
>>
sorry dudes converting aax to mp3 isn't very easy cause amazon are the eternal merchant

it will be up in 20
>>
all in epub

>Squared Circle by David Shoemaker
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/CTyEK8r0/file.html

>Death of WCW by Bryan Alvarez
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/Xtp9jRtb/file.html

>Lion's Pride by Chris Charlton
http://www75.zippyshare.com/v/FtypX7kw/file.html
>>
I enjoyed Regal's book but I think being British helped. Foley's first one is overrated though, never bgotherred reading any of his
>>
>>2498286
Holy shit how can you rip em? I wanted to to rip 2 sci fi books by Mary Dora Russell. Check out the Sparrow if it's on there. You will bug out.
>>
File: 1307922622001.jpg (14KB, 262x337px) Image search: [Google]
1307922622001.jpg
14KB, 262x337px
Hitman was really good. Depressing to read about No Dimes and his shit life but it was interesting
>Calls his kid Beans
>>
File: 2 sweet.jpg (16KB, 659x493px) Image search: [Google]
2 sweet.jpg
16KB, 659x493px
>>2498367
I tried a bunch of ways to do it but the audio always fucks up, very sad

here is the audiobook file though you can open it with windows media player or itunes
>>
>>2498305
Shoemaker is based. Rosenberg was the Janetty
>>
>>2497956
Bob Hollys book is great if you enjoy the ins and outs of a perennial lower mid midcarder
>>
Bryan Alvarez reads his own audiobook, I really enjoyed death of WCW. Daniel Bryan's is good, jericho's third is the only one on audible and it's pretty good. They make for great semi-mindless gym listening
>>
>>2497956
eric bischoffs
stone colds
bob hollys
mick foleys first
jerichos first
hogans was decent
>>
File: 1490828641431.jpg (411KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1490828641431.jpg
411KB, 1152x1536px
I've heard (audiobook) mick foleys first book, it was a good listen. My favorite parts have to be when he turned heel in ecw for the whole cane Dewey thing, the making of mr.socko, and his first meeting with Vince. The audiobook is on youtube, but I don't think it's the full book because it cuts off abruptly

Here's the link if you're interested

https://youtu.be/cdtUHOMyeu8
>>
>>2497956
Foley's first two.
All of Jericho's are hilarious.
Foley's story Tietam Brown is fucked up though.
>>
>>2498854
you actually read that foley story book?
wtf is wrong w you? dead srs question
>>
>>2498846
Fantastic fucking book. I originally only picked it up as a fan, but holy shit it's a good read.
>>
>>2498854
>The book is about a period of time in the life of Antietam (Andy) Brown V and his father Antietam (Tietam) Brown IV (the names span across five generations, being taken from the Battle of Antietam). After 16 years of being tossed from foster home to foster home, and spending time in Juvenile Detention for killing a teenager who tried to rape him, his father then shows up to take him home.

>Andy was molested by his foster father, who was also a member of the KKK, and physically abused by his father. He puts up with cruel treatment from adults and older students at school. Every now and then in his life he cracks, and in a rage causes terrible harm to his tormentors. He draws strength from the love he gets from Terri, a beautiful girl in his grade at school.

What the fuck, Mick.
>>
>>2498888
I read a fuck ton of stuff and the book was honestly pretty good, if not warped. The scene where Tietam's father forces an actress dressed as the virgin Mary to suck his son's dick as his first sexual experience springs to mind.
>>
>>2498900
As I said, fucked up but honestly a good and interesting read. I've re read it a couple of times but that was years ago. I can see it from my bookshelf.
>>
>>2498904
i didn't read it, but also had the natural sense to know if it's a book by foley, not about wrestling, it's going to be pure dog shit.
each one of his books went from "i'm a hardcore legend" to "i'm a friendly old man to divas"
dude lost it
>>
File: 1488049133683.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1488049133683.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>>2498921
Again, it's actually very good. Brutal, but good.
>>
>>2498904
I remember reading it blind and I did not see any of that fucked up shit coming. It wasn't bad honestly.
>>
>>2498363
>Foley's is overrated
>never bothered reading it
>>
>>2498900
Feminist Mick Foley claims everyone wants to rape him and is a KKK member. Colour me shocked.
>>
>>2498793
Stone Cold has a book?
>>
>>2497956
Bret Hart's book is huge, but very good. Flair's book is good, a nice and easy read. Squared Circle is good, too. I've heard good things about Foley and Y2J's books, but haven't read them yet. Also hears Hardcore Holly had a good one.
>>
>>2499000
I'm sure its heavily ghost written stone cold isn't super literate.
>>
>>2498174
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>2499039
>Bret Hart's book is huge, but very good.

I'm surprised only one person mentioned Bret's book so far. I've seen it get plenty of praise whenever wrestling books are discussed
>>
File: (You).jpg (20KB, 343x543px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
20KB, 343x543px
>>2498174
>>
All of Jericho's are great.
Foley's first two are really good. Everything else he did is shit.
Bischoff's is decent.
Hart's is good.
Hogan's is interesting early on when he talks about getting into the business, having his leg broken, etc. but turns into a pity party halfway through. 2nd half is shit.
Stone Cold's is short and bland.
Rock's is ok I guess, been a long time since I read it.
Only got partway through Bryan's because I didn't like the way it was written.
>>
>>2497993
>i keep hearing bob hollys is surprisingly interesting

Really?Color me interested.
>>
>>2498900
I saw him in San Diego a few years ago, and he talked about how Santa is his biggest idol, and how he wished that the job actually existed so he could give presents to kids all the time and live in a real Rankin-Bass-esqe North Pole setting, he wasn't joking either, and asked that the audience didn't laugh, because he was being 100% real at that moment

There is no doubt that he has high-functioning brain damage
>>
>>2498944
Are you dense or drunk? Clearly I meant I read his first and didn't bother reading any others of his
>>
>>2500148
That's not what you implied at all, you stupid mother fucker.
>>
>>2502028
>implying
HURRRRRRRR
>>
I've only read 2.

Jericho and Angles both first books
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.