[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't Roman get over?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (42KB, 550x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 550x528px
Why can't Roman get over?
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 706x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 706x221px
>>2496360
>OP
>>
>>2496360
Haha, he is over. Very much over.
>>
>>2496360
In a face way? Because he's constantly put against crowd favourites, basically never loses clean, commentary sells him as someone stronger than prime Kane while he fails to lift anyone around his weight, etc
>>
Not talented
Not likeable

>>2496367
>rent free

>>2496372
>he fails to lift anyone around his weight

Try anybody within 30lbs of his weight
>>
>he's here again

>>2496378
Your posts are so predictable holy shit
>>
He's a symbol of WWE's politics and nepotism.

Or smarks are just butthurt he got a push over Bryan.

Take your pick.
>>
File: 1486746673743.gif (714KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1486746673743.gif
714KB, 600x525px
>>2496360
>ywn chokeslam that cat off the top turnbuckle for stealing your ham

why even live aspies?
>>
>>2496360
He is the most over wrestler on the roster. I think what you mean to ask is "why can't Roman get cheered?"
>>
>>2496386
>politics
But he's liked entirely backstage.
>nepotism
Yes that's why Rosey and Umaga were WWE Champions
>>
>>2496378
>Try anybody within 30lbs of his weight

Or that, yeah. Honestly if he threw around everyone without looking like he puts a lot of effort into it, I may even be a fan. But punches and spears don't do it for me at all.
>>
>>2496396
Nash was liked backstage too, shitter.

>>2496382
Well I mean they'd all run together if you make a collage of them like you do.
>>
How long before The Diminutive Dachshund's Defense Force shows up in this thread?
>>
File: 1486745941423.jpg (849KB, 2320x3088px) Image search: [Google]
1486745941423.jpg
849KB, 2320x3088px
>tfw Seth will be remembered as the best member of the Shield
>>
>>2496407
t. Colby
>>
>>2496404
>Nash was liked backstage too, shitter.
Please be trolling
>>
>>2496407
That's like saying a solid piece of shit is better than diarrhea. In the end, it's still just shit
>>
>>2496405
Once NEEThammer wakes up, his bottom lackey is already here.

>>2496417
He was reasonably popular with "the boys" in WCW.
>>
File: IMG_0317.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0317.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
It's still real to me
>>
>>2496405
I can already feel the ground shake as he waddles ever so slowly into the thread, sputtering and gasping for breath
>>
Underrated opinion: Roman needs a better sig/finish
>>
>>2496444
He's too weak to do anything worth a shit to anybody bigger than Styles.
>>
Because he sucks in the ring and has no charisma
>>
>>2496360
But he got over your mom
>>
>>2496360
>10 minutes of the entire crowd chanting at him
>not over
How hard do you have to be worked to still think this?
>>
>>2496648
Very hard.
>>
>>2496648
Literally chanting "go away."
>>
>>2496648
Over as a heel, while being pushed as a babyface. Or maybe he is officially a heel now, I don't really know yet. But if he gets a proper heel push, he'll probably get cheered. #lol
>>
>>2496360
hes black.
>>
>>2496360
Stop it.

It's done.

We don't need to talk about how or why Roman is or isn't over or how they book him anymore.

He retired Taker. He is heel until he retires and nothing will change it. No need to discuss it.
>>
>>2496699
Exactly. Among other things like "Shut the fuck up", "Roman sucks" and "please retire". Note how 100% of the crowd's attention was on him and how worked up they were over him.

Now compare that to someone they like such as Balorina or the Cruiserweights and how the crowd were paying literally zero attention to them (after the initial return pop).
Meanwhile Roman had them in the palm of his hand for 10 whole minutes without uttering a syllable.
>>
>>2496360
Because he's a midcard act at best, who's being pushed as a main-event talent. He's simply put far above his actual station. He's mediocre in the ring, doesn't have an ounce of charisma and his mic skills suck.

He's still being carried by The Shield despite the fact that the stable has been disbanded for nearly three years now. Seth and Dean moved on and attained their own identities, but Roman doesn't have the talent to make one for himself, so he's been staying as the same character he was all the way back when he debuted on the main roster.

More deserving and capable wrestlers get sacrificed for the sake of this guy, who has been given so much more than he actually deserves. The worst thing about it is, Vince is an egotistical retard. The constant rejection of Roman by the fans probably made Vince double down on his push and he tried even harder to force him down everyone's throats because he hates admitting he's ever wrong.

Vince knows the Roman Reigns experiment has failed, but he just doesn't want to admit it, which is why he's going to such lengths to try and get the guy over, even going so far as to having him be the one to retire the Undertaker.
>>
He does 15 Superman punches per match

I'd have no problem with it if he tangled them up in the ropes like Andre used to always do, then just did a million Superman punches while they're restrained
>>
>>2496737
"This wrestler is awful and we do not enjoy seeing him perform" is not a desired reaction in any context.
>>
>>2496360
Because absolutely no talent at anything.

>can't rassle
>can't talk
>>
>>2496808
That's the reaction that they call "getting worked".

Because the guys that the smarks "want to see perform" get beachballmania chants and the wave. Prime example of actions speaking louder than words.
>>
>>2496822
I honestly hated the crowd for that shit. Literally didn't pay any attention to Neville vs Ahmed Mohammed. If they truly cared about WWE pushing cruiserweights to the top they'd be fucking invested in this match and showed that people DO care about that division.

But yeah, in general more people dislike Roman than they like other wrestlers.
>>
>>2496699
chanting at someone you've paid money to come see is literally the definition of mark.
>>
>>2496395
tye dillinger is the most over guy on the roster
>>
>>2496838
They didn't pay to see him.
>>
File: 1485147373304.png (293KB, 655x530px) Image search: [Google]
1485147373304.png
293KB, 655x530px
>>2496407
Is that you jesus?
>>
>>2496360
He's a turd.
>>
>>2496360
dude gets the loudest reaction BY FAR.
he's over as fuck
>>
He is over.

OP is getting worked.
>>
>>2496360
He got pushed early, and now that he's ready he's burned out with all the booing

Guy needs to be given a break or at least a brief heel run to make the crowd actually figure out which he's going to be.

If they want to recover him they can literally just stop handing him a script, and tell him "Hey, you can either take a break for a bit because you're ready now, but too burned out from the past few years. Or you can go out there and do what you feel you need to."

Ideally this puts him to the dick-mode that he had in Rusev and Lana's wedding, because that shit got over easy with smarks. He just needs to pander to them for a little bit so they shut up.
>>
>>2497298
>>2497307
>Marks who don't know what the word "over" means
>>
>>2497310
He has the biggest reaction on the roster. How is he not over?

>le mark

Cringe.
>>
>>2497310
>In professional wrestling, the term over has two definitions. It can either refer to a performer whom the fans care about (That wrestler is over as a heel; the fans hate his guts.) or the act of making someone look good, often by losing to them (Bret Hart put Shawn Michaels over by losing to him cleanly, but Michaels didn't return the favor.)

>Wrestlers can be over as either babyfaces (good guys) or heels (bad guys). The term suggests that the fans are buying into what the wrestler is selling, meaning his character. "Over" has a denotation of the fans believing in the wrestler such that they are willing to boo and cheer his character as if his matches were not a work. Wrestlers who are over are generating reactions from the crowd, known as heat in wrestling parlance. Someone who is over as a heel will get booed, while someone who is over as a face will get cheered. The term likely originates from the days when promoters did not acknowledge that pro wrestling was scripted, and the wrestlers were thought to be tricking, or "putting one over" on the fans.

>Jabronies who try to mock marks when the jabronie himself doesn't understand the definition
>>
I'm not a long term hardcore fan, but I can only watch so many spears and superman punches before I go to sleep. He's hardly the only guy that wrestles like that, but he's the only one I know of that gets pushed that hard. I didn't like Ambrose when he was champ, either.

I think I just hate striking based rasslers in general. I can watch actual combat sports for that. I wanna see over the top slams and guys wrecking themselves.

>tfw shane omac kinda fan
>>
>>2497342
>inb4 go away heat
Doesn't matter if they are loud because they dislike him big reactions are still good. Roman making a face style comeback in a match and getting booed is way better then the crickets during cruiser-weight matches. I just want wwe to stop trying to mute the boos and give him a new entrance song.
>>
File: 1491320907927.webm (159KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
1491320907927.webm
159KB, 432x576px
Samoan Joseph is one of the most over heels in WWE
>>
>>2497310
you don't understand basic entertainment, let alone wrestling.
>>
>>2496386
>politics
Except Roman does not do backstage politics to keep or elevate his spot

If he did it would make airwaves on smark podcasts

>nepotism
His cousins and other relatives were jobbers and literal whos

With your shitty logic then Cody Rhodes, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas, David Flair and Ted Di Biase Jr. would be the top guys in the WWE
>>
>>2497308
>pandering to smarks
(lol

He's perfect as it is now.

Smarks never supported him in the first place so why should he give a shit about them?

He's the new face of the company, that position brings in smark haters and he should just roll with it and work smarks in every arena.
>>
>>2499206
Smarks supported him when he was in his depth, which was as a silent hot tag for the shield.
>>
>>2496360
>saved image.jpg as charcaterie

shit thread but thanks for the cat
>>
I think it's a combination of the fact that he was pushed in favor of Bryan when he clearly wasnt ready and that he was pushed as an underdog face despite walking around with a Kevlar vest and using Superman punches that people were booing him early on.

Its a shame because now he is actually ready to be the main event star and face of the WWE that Vince wants. Fans are tired of his years long push and just want him to go away.

Retiring Taker won't help matters either.
>>
>>2499229
That cat is the draw and OP is a geek
>>
>>2496444
The Superman Punch truly sucks but the spear is fine.

It's not as good as Rhyno's or Lashley's but is sure as fuck better than Edge's
>>
>>2499250
A pencil neck geek?
>>
>>2496444
Trips of truth. He's got a Goldberg thing going on but the biggest problem is you see how bad he is at it when the real Goldberg is there.

Super man punch sucks and spear is just ok.
>>
>>2499294
Obviously
>>
>>2499294
Yes he is Connor Mcgregor in /asp/ tard form
>>
>>2496827
Stop trying to feel what you think you're supposed to feel and just chill out. Wrestling is supposed to be fun.
>>
>>2499209
>Smarks supported him
In another parallel universe maybe

Smarks did not like Roman because he only does headlocks and spears

There's also the Phil Brooks/Chris Hero angle
>>
>>2499313
Didn't stop Edge from using the spear

This was back when he was still a vampire memelord while Bill is burying DDP and Raven
>>
>>2499206
But I thought smarks loved him in the 2014 Royal Rumble ;^)
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.