[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Wrestlers who are 1 pin away from a dancing gimmick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

>>
File: 7e982f9080braywyatt.jpg (90KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
7e982f9080braywyatt.jpg
90KB, 600x900px
>>
>>2496131
neither of these guys yet. They've generally managed both fairly decently, apart from botching Strowman's confrontation on RAM this week. Brock will walk away from the WWE if he gets a shitty angle and everyone knows it.
>>2496133
this
>>
>le dancing gimmick

This forced meme is unfunny shit even by /asp/ standards.
>>
>>2496142
Oh yeah?Go ask Brian Christopher.
>>
>>2496142
I think you forgot Albert, Brodus Clay, Beeg, Kozlov
>>
>>2496142
I don't really see it as a meme so much as a useful shorthand for burying a talent / draining the last drops of life from a guy who they have lost respect for.

Ryback, if he had stayed, would have probably been given a dancing gimmick by the end of 2017, for example.
>>
>>2496167
Someone post the Memphis promo
>>
>>2496142

Strowman is gonna be dancing in less than a year.....deal with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAByGHSSXiQ
>>
>>2496247
Looks like Strowman was practicing before his main roster debut
https://youtu.be/nlIdb6FkKWo?t=1m21s
>>
>>2496160
Too Cool was over
>>
>>2496371
That's sort of the deal. The dancing gimmick puts you over, but it's temporary, and then there's no way back from it.

They don't give people the dancing gimmick to kill their career; they give them the dancing gimmick to eke the last drops of life from an already dead-end run.

Too Cool was initially "Too Much", and their gimmick was essentially two bumboys. They morphed that into hiphop dancers and got a decent run. But you can't then go on to a toughguy persona after the dancing one, so they were finished.
>>
>>2496414
New Day is a borderline dancing gimmick and they became the longest reigning tag team champions of all time
>>
>>2496422
That is, again, the point.

New Day is about 50% a dancing gimmick, for sure. They were floundering in their heel form, so they were lightened up, made into a dancing gimmick to get over, but now what? It's difficult to see them able to reinvent themselves somehow because as soon as any of them starts brushing with the main event, people will just be like "yeah, that's the guy who wore a unicorn horn on his head for 3 years".

That said, black guys would find it easier to turn this around than white guys because, in America, black guys are allowed to dance and be tough. The Godfather could for example have started a dancing gimmick because pimps are tough AND party dudes. So it's not impossible for New Day, but still not very likely.

The key thing is that the dancing gimmick gets you MORE over than your current form, but that it is ultimately a cash-out of your whole career as there's no way back from it.
>>
Strowman has a long, long way to go. That's the only reason he's been a tease in these Roman and Brock promos. If he could do 40 seconds of main event level run-in wrestling he wouldn't be backing off from Brock on Monday... hard to say about the Taker/Roman stuff, maybe they just used him as a reminder/diversion
>>
>>2496437
I can see Big E breaking away from it and easily being a strong solo star. There's places to go with them, maybe not as a collective though
>>
>>2496437
New Day were floundering as babyfaces and became wacky heels.
>>
>>2496361

Holy shit that is hilarious.

Also friendly reminder that Adam Rose was an incredible talent that was completely wasted
>>
>>2496445
Big E is the one who has been diminished the most by The New Day stuff, though. He had potential as a mastodon, and he is the least comfortable with the New Day schtick. You can tell he's not really into it. But on the other hand he's not quick witted enough to handle his own shit on the mic. I think E will be the surprise Jannetty of TND when it finally disbands.
>>
>>2496451
That's why he got fired: 'cause he was wasted on drugs.
>>
>>2496455
>and he is the least comfortable with the New Day schtick. You can tell he's not really into it.
>But on the other hand he's not quick witted enough to handle his own shit on the mic.

Neither of these are true.
>>
>>2496457

HAHA LOL xD

>spotted the fucking lemon
>>
>>2496455
Nah. He's got the size that appeases Vince. His mic work has improved a ton. The crowd loses it for the hip gyration thing. He's got heat and catchphrases to carry with him from the New Day run. If nothing else, he can also go full heel and just turn on them one day, denouncing the gimmick and reclaiming his mastodon role
>>
>>2496460
I was a Rosebud but the set-up was too good to pass on.

>tfw he'll never team up with Fandango as "Dance Party"
>>
>>2496455
You are fucking retraded, or never actually watch New Day segments. The gimmick is mostly Big E, New Day as they got over wad basically just Big E acting ridiculous to make the other two laugh, and they turned it into a whole shtick for the three of them
>>
>>2496459
Yeah, they're both true. He does the least amount of goofy shit and mic work. As other anon says, his mic skills have improved a lot, but he's easily the weakest and least confident of the three in that respect. He still defaults to being the "Stand back and look tough" member, though.
>>2496468
He works well within TND. I think he will be seen as the "left behind guy" when it splits up, though. I think you're right about how they will ultimately split the team up, yeah.
>>
>>2496479
Who?
>>
>>2496479
I only watch PPVs, maybe he is overawed by big stages and his act is totally different on TV. So I am saying what I have seen, with no pre-conceived ideas about the team. Xavier and Kingston do the most of the talking and interactions and then Big E will do some sort of physical comedy like "watch the big man wiggle".
>>
>>2496470

Did they ever reveal who the Rabbit was?
>>
>>2496491
>I only watch PPVs

Yeah, that's it. He's done plenty of wacky shit on TV.
>>
>>2496494
Justin Gabriel for the most part. Heard it was also Ryder for a while.
>>
>>2496499
It's no good if he can't rise to the occasion, though. People more relevant than this anon will be taking note that he sits back on the bigger stage.
>>
>>2496504
I'm pretty sure he's already considered the centerpiece of New Day by most people. Kofi's old. Xavier is the nerdy guy no one thought could wrestle for a while. Big E is young and has got a good balance of wrestling and promo skills, and he physically stands out the most.
>>
>>2496509
And yet... the dancing gimmick.

Literally what this thread is about. If they thought they had a deal for him on his own, he'd have been doing it already. They will have to think up something different to get him back as a serious singles guy after years of this.
>>
>ctrl+f Nakamura
>0 results
>>
>>2496480
Big E was goofy as far back as NXT.
>>
>>2496529
But New Day sell a lot of merch as a collective and are almost a brand unto itself with the cereal shit. They don't want to pull the plug on them just yet.
>>
File: C3codl1WQAI1JCR.jpg (39KB, 470x572px) Image search: [Google]
C3codl1WQAI1JCR.jpg
39KB, 470x572px
>>2496552
I totally agree. TND is a prime example of "greater than the sum of its parts". I don't think any of the three will be as over as singles as they are as a team.

They were 17th overall last year, and one of the highest visibility brands because the tee shirt is so damn bright coloured and the unicorn horns were so cheap that every kid bought some.
>>
>>2496540
are you retarded? He had the meme gimmick from the start you moron
>>
>>2496575
;]
>>
File: 1489294145485.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489294145485.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>>2496491
Why would you even offer an opinion when you only watch a handful of times a year? I mean you have a right to have an observation, but Jesus Harold Christ...
>>
>>2496605
is the H in Jesus really Harold? Harold doesn't seem holy to me
>>
>>2496605
There were 15 PPVs last year. There will be 14-15 this year.

They run 3-4hrs each on average. Let's call that 50hrs a year.

That is like following your top two NFL teams or your favourite EPL team and watching every minute of their matches.

Of course you don't need to watch any more than that to know wtf you are talking about, you fat, beanbag-dwelling cunt.
>>
File: 1491123476955.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491123476955.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>2496612
You can't spell holy without Harold......y
>>
>>2496618
HEY! Watch your mouth you dirty slag. I take offense to that. I don't own a bean bag besides the two betwixt my tree trunks
>>
Do they sell beanbags on Amazon?
>>
>>2496625
Yes but don't forget: when you choose cheap, you choose empty. Low cost beanbags are susceptible to foam bean flattening and sag. Play it safe: buy American for a higher grade of foam beading.
>>
>>2496414

>But you can't then go on to a toughguy persona after the dancing one, so they were finished.

>dancing man
>joins heel faction
>goes through a series of losses
>stable members start mocking him
>mounting frustration
>eventually snaps
>turns into a badass; crowd explodes as he comes out to take vengeance on the heel stable

Just one of many ways to take someone who's a joke and turn him serious. Other quick ideas: Have him disappear for six months, have a heel fuck with him a little too much, add something else in there and start focusing more on that.
>>
>>2496864
>add something else in there and start focusing more on that.

The Owen Hart snap, I think. "I tried to be a nice guy". Make him really angry, but still a joke in the eyes of fans - a deluded little angry man.

Then start showing him just savagely beating someone down after a match or some shit. Then work from there.

I'm not saying you can't redeem a dancing man person. I'm just saying I can't see wwe creatives doing it.
>>
>>2496142
based OP working the chinksgay marks
>>
>>2496574
basically the tag version of bayley.
>>
File: 35+.png (755KB, 481x606px) Image search: [Google]
35+.png
755KB, 481x606px
>>2496131
>>
>>2496437
new day sucks and is ground zero for why wrestling sucks today
>>
>>2496924
>"Next Generation of Superstars"
>They are 40+ years probably
>>
>>2496455
Big E is a manlet

Also it's Kofi that's the least comfortable
>>
>>2497086
Nah, he's too much of a cube to be a true manlet. He's as broad as he is tall, and he is as thick as he is broad. He's like a Warhammer dwarf or something.
>>
File: 1490538305140.jpg (36KB, 669x621px) Image search: [Google]
1490538305140.jpg
36KB, 669x621px
>>2497235
>"if i gain enough muscle i won't be a manlet anymore"
>>
>>2497479
I mean, that is true, to a point.

If you're 5'2", you're going to look like a manlet however much mass you gain. But Big E's kayfabe height is 5'11", so he'll be like 5'9" legit. Given his dimensions, you're not going to call him a malet to his face.
>>
>>2496177
Fuck, I'd forgotten that happened. They would legit have had him dancing by the end of 2016 if he had stayed.
>>
>>2496997
Muh Strong Style Man: 37
HE'S FAT: 38
Oscar: 35
Roode: 40 next month

JUST
>>
>>2497692
>>2496177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHTVNCedaNQ

this?

this SCREAMS of Vince scripting
>>
>>2496480
Kofi was has been talking retiring when this TND thing ends.(ie Never)

Xavier is the made man of the group he's got the highest ceiling and is going to go as far as he wants WWE to take him.

Kofi is done once the group breaks up, but they for sure have one or two more major title runs in them to get him the all time tag record for a single performer which he's like 150 days away from getting.

E's the Jannetty, I don't see him getting fired but he'll lost in the mix forever without TND.
>>
>>2496437
just give them that 'wtf are we doing we need to take this serious' shit, then let them win the belts 1 more time then when they lose they split up and have big e go on a tear.
>>
>>2496618
i didn't know TND where on for all 4 hours of each PPV
>>
>>2496163
And the Great Kali from recent memory
>>
>>2496142
Hi Brodus
>>
>>2499082
E when TND ends is gonna to be perma-lurking in the midcard a couple IC wins and maybe he get's a Main title run as a transitional/career ending run if he's lucky
>>
>>2496455
>he is the least comfortable with the New Day schtick

Big E is the one who is clearly having the time of his life with the gimmick. You can see it when he dances and you can hear it when he does promos. Dude legit loves clowning around in real life

Xavier might not care much for the dancing/physical comedy, but he clearly loves being silly on the mic with Big E

Kofi is the one that looks like he's just going through the motions sometimes. Some nights he has the energy to be silly with them; other nights you can see he has to force himself to meet the level of silliness that the gimmick requires
>>
>>2496131
Is any big guy, other than Taker, safe from some form of goofy dancing segment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SihWM6YzQgE
https://youtu.be/LwZdU6Xi_V0?t=4m55s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms36EySiMKU
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.