[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come they were so over as a group be failed once they split?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

How come they were so over as a group be failed once they split?
>>
WWE is bad at booking
>>
Rollins got fucked with after his return

Ambrose got buried time and time again

Reigns became the one thing everybody hates: a WWE-style "babyface"
>>
Ambrose was the biggest failure. He was the leader of the group and did all the talking and first to get a singles push. Now he is wrestling on the pre show. He will be hanging out with Virgil in a year or two
>>
>>2496042
Maggle Cole told me that Reigns was the Leader of The Shield.
>>
>>2496029
>everyone hates
You mean smarks
>>
>>2496103
>le smurfs boogeyman

WWE-style babyfaces are shit. 18+
>>
>>2496042
>>2496044
Guys, that was the best part of the Shield, there WAS no leader. There was The Muscle, The Brain, and The Lunatic.

Turns out as far as character development goes, we ended up with the Big Dog, the Architect/King Slayer, and...The Lunatic. That might be why.
>>
Like all great teams, the Shield highlighted their strengths and hid their weaknesses. Dean was the brawler and the best talker, Seth was the fast paced, high flying one and Roman was the silent badass who came in, did his best moves and got back out. They were all better off in there.
>>
>>2496115
Early on it seemed like Rollins was the leader, then it moved towards Ambrose before suddenly Reigns was being shilled as top guy.
>>
>>2496022
Because together they barely equal one decent wrestler, Apart they a shit
>>
>>2496117
Seth & Dean just need better booking.

Roman needs to learn how to wrestle more than 1/6th of a match.
>>
>>2496193
Seth also needs to get injured less. And Dean needs to be a dispicable sleazeball heel instead of a loony. It's just annoying. Roman would be a lot better off if he wasn't so overprotected and didn't get the constant God-push. Maybe have him do more than 4 moves per match. And he can't talk, so don't let him do it so much.
>>
>>2496204
Knee injuries are bitches to get past, you can't really fault Rollins on that.

>And Dean needs to be a dispicable sleazeball heel instead of a loony.

I literally said he needs better booking.

>Maybe have him do more than 4 moves per match.

(He can't.)
>>
It's a good gimmick but they pick the wrong guys for it. Wasn't it originally supposed to be CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Chris Hero or something?
>>
>Return to this reaction https://youtu.be/rg2uG7B9iFk
>Keep him heel
>Put him in a boring feud with KO for months
where every match ends with interference.
>Football season ends and Triple H finally comes back
>People don't care anymore

WOOOOW

WWE booking is shit.
>>
Dean stopped caring. Needs to take a shower, hit the weights, and get a clue.

Seff can't stop getting hurt and has been booked poorly.

Roman is trying to be a stable by himself.
>>
>>2496223
Not just Cuck Man Phil's idea. He suggested Seth, Dean, and Hero.
>>
>>2496223
yeah, creative or something wanted show and bryan originally and then it became >>2497254
>>
>>2497254
>we could have had based metal fatass instead of Roman

why live
>>
The real answer?

They chose Reigns.
Rollins and Ambrose had to be kept down so Reigns could shine.

Ambrose was getting hot a few times that I remember and his push was destroyed, same as many who were getting hot while Roman was choice 1.

WWE depushes those getting naturally building reactions. Zayn and Enzo most noticeably, over the last 3 months..
>>
>>2496029
Ambrose failed as soon as they gave him the wwe title, he stopped giving a shit and he's a boring wrestler as well.
>>
>>2497300
People wanted Ambrose as a champion months before he actually got the title, and by the time he got it people mostly got bored already.
>>
File: state-of-deanetty.png (518KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
state-of-deanetty.png
518KB, 720x1280px
>>2496042
>>
File: state-of-deanetty.jpg (89KB, 720x458px) Image search: [Google]
state-of-deanetty.jpg
89KB, 720x458px
>>2497348
Forgot to crop the border. Let's try again.
>>
Rollins is injury prone and can't a cut a promo. He is your typical indie darling that deserves to be on bingo halls if he wasn't Haitch's indie project #9001.

Reigns is plagued by shitty booking. If they are going to push him as the face of the company, he should have more creative freedom when cutting promos.

Dean Ambrose is just lazy as fuck to be taken serious. He got exposed hard by that Austin's podcast. Dean is lazy despite he has all the talent to be a huge star.
>>
>>2496022
they're all only 1/3 good, so together they make one decent performer
>>
>>2496212
Knee injuries also have a nasty habit of not going away. Got a dislocated one myself after having scarred the crap out of it as a kid. Have to wear a brace under my pants to do anything from the ropes.

Redislocating it for a spot is cool though.
>>
File: IMG_0703.png (522KB, 2434x1722px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0703.png
522KB, 2434x1722px
>>2496022
Because of the "Punks lackeys" angle that was heavily implied but ultimately never saw fruition.
>>
>>2496022
better question:

>how come they are wearing police swat team gear?
>>
>>2497300
No he failed after several lost matches to seth. It was awful. He really should have just beaten seth and ended it right there.
>>
They never got behind Dean in any kinda meaningful way as a singles wrestler.
They repeatedly fucked up Rollins' face/heel dynamic until nobody cared anymore and he wound up stuck in a death feud with a dude who wasn't there.
Reigns never actually left the Shield and hasn't grown at all since they broke up. He's still "the big guy from the Shield" like somebody who can't let go of their high school football career.
>>
>>2496193
>>2496204
Dean works fine as a babyface, great even when he has the right material. Remember when he was cutting molten hot promos on Cena and AJ last year? That shit was so good and the matches were incredible.

Then they dropped Ambrose to the midcard and he's gone nowhere since.
>>
>>2496022
Roman could only carry those losers so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jon Moxley and Tyler Black wrestling for a bow and an eggroll in New Japan within a year.
>>
>>2497297
>Boy this guy is really over what should we do.
>I KNOW, A KEK ANGLE WITH RUSEV.

I hope whoever came up with that steps on a lego.
>>
>>2499050
don't forgot that before he was doing those 10/10's promos he got jobbed out to Bray and before that even his and Seth's rivalry was pure amazing

Maybe im exaggerating wit this but since that interview with SCSA Dean's never been the same.
>>
>>2499062
He doesn't care to be a main seventeen. He collects a couple million every single year to basically phone it in. Would you want to switch places with Seth(Seth really is a mark for himself and it shows that's why he sucks) or have the pressure that comes with being Roman? No you wouldnt. You would keep balling out by doing nothing and staying off Vince's radar. Dean is the smartest man in wrestling.
>>
>>2499073
Eventer fuck auto correct
>>
>>2499062
I don't think that's it. His feud with Cena and AJ came after the interview and that was some of his best work.

It was after TLC, honestly. They'd been building this long feud with Dean and AJ since after Summerslam, every result had either involved AJ winning dirty or Dean not being pinned and this was finally gonna be the blow-off...and then it ended with Ellsworth interfering. And they never had another match after that because Cena came back, wrestled AJ and became a transitional champion for the Bray/Randy feud.

And after TLC, Dean just got dumped straight into the midcard. And his time since then has gotten so drastically cut, even when he's the IC Title, he gets almost no promo time. I think that killed the dude's passion a bit.
>>
>>2499073
His contract is actually lower than a million (lowest of the Shield by far) but desu I'm sure with his merch he clears seven figures easy and he doesn't seem like the kinda dude who spends a lot of money.
>>
>>2499085
He sells a lot of merch though and when you add in bonuses he easily clears 2 million. Dean is a baller.
>>
>>2499085
He doesn't. I'm not proud of this but I watched an episode of total divas and dude has a very nice spot in Vegas but it's nothing extravagant and still drinks handles of Jack Daniels(cheap for people who make cash like him). He still lives like we all do right here in the nasty nati.
>>
>>2496022
They didnt fail at all...

None of them failed...ambrose burnt out because hes ambrose

T

BBD is the next cena and rollins is over as fuck despite barely having a character nowadays because of injury and its obvious hhh likes him the most.

All three get massive pops

What is this meme that they failed?
>>
>>2499103
He isn't burnt out he's riding the wave bro. It's just a job to him.
>>
>>2497406
>he should have more creative freedom when cutting promos.

I don't think there's any way Trips, Taker or anyone else would have told him standing there for 10 or so minutes while the crowd gets themselves over was a good idea. Not everyone is cut out for mic work but that's not always the end of the world (Lesnar)
>>
>>2497406
Tyler Black was not an indie darling and he's a better promo than Romannetty.

>>2497348
>>2497359
You tried.
>>
File: 1385874543313.png (370KB, 642x722px) Image search: [Google]
1385874543313.png
370KB, 642x722px
>>2499570
>Tyler Black
>>
>>2496022
Only jasethy failed
>>
>>2500882
I'd say getting asspained over using that name is "autism" but you're clearly not even smart enough for that.
>>
>>2499073
>He doesn't care to be a main eventer. He collects a couple million every single year to basically phone it in.

corrected the autocorrect

And yeah.....this applies to a LOT of the wrestlers who people on here love to make fun of because they're "stuck in midcard hell"

While the fans of those wrestlers may be pissed that they're not main-eventing/being booked properly.....the wrestlers themselves couldn't care less as long as they get paid
>>
>>2500919
But they'd get paid more if they were on top of the card.
>>
>>2496022
WWEs hilariously bad booking.
>>
>>2500930

But they would also have more work/responsibilities which is part of why they get paid more....hence his point

>Would you want to switch places with Seth(Seth really is a mark for himself and it shows that's why he sucks) or have the pressure that comes with being Roman? No you wouldnt.

Not every wrestler is trying to be Cena.....or even Orton, outside of their paychecks
>>
File: 1372025712335.png (9KB, 459x377px) Image search: [Google]
1372025712335.png
9KB, 459x377px
>>2500895
>my favorite WWE wrestlers are Tyler Black, Jon Moxley and Prince Devitt
>i also consider myself an intellectual for unironically using their indie names
>>
>>2500977
Maybe it should be up to wrestlers to see if they want a shot at being a top guy instead of the whims of a senile old fuck who's gay for Rock's skinnyfat cousin.

>>2500999
You tried.
>>
File: 1358194446581.jpg (320KB, 800x682px) Image search: [Google]
1358194446581.jpg
320KB, 800x682px
>>2501016
>maybe it should be up to wrestlers to see if they want a shot at being a top guy instead of the whims of a senile old fuck who's gay for Rock's skinnyfat cousin
kek your little indie manlets would get beat to death and you would still whine about it
>>
>>2501028
Try reading my post again before writing a coherent response.
>>
>>2501054
Try reading mine, you fat little cocksucker.
If it was up to the wrestlers, only the big ones would be at the top, all the skinny manlets would get beat down and sent to the lower card.
>thinking people like Oreowens, Baloring and Sami Zayn would survive in a WCW type environment
>>
>>2496193

Roman can legit wrestle just fine. He's not stand-out or anything. He's just a complete charisma vacuum. Not only in his god-awful promos but the fact he's living off the shield music because it was over and the shield attire because it was over. Cocking his fist is legit one of the most autistic things anybody does in the entire company and looks dumb as all fuck and the superman punch is just a retarded move.
>>
>>2501072
>a WCW environment

You mean the same locker room that deliberately tanked a PPV in protest of Flair being fired?

>fat little cocksucker

Bitter.
>>
File: 260.jpg (12KB, 259x335px) Image search: [Google]
260.jpg
12KB, 259x335px
>>2501087
Flair was a draw, none of those i listed are.
>>
>>2501083
>Roman can legit wrestle just fine.
>He's not stand-out or anything.

This is the deepest and most talented roster since the WCW buyout, if you're not "stand-out" you're worthless. He's only going to fall even more behind the curve as time goes by.
>>
>>2501111

He's capable of good matches where he isn't getting carried. The guy has had a good match with Show and Braun. He'd be fine in literally an other position that wasn't being "the guy"
>>
>>2501135
The Big Show match you're talking about was a smoke-and-mirrors (WOAH-OH) spotfest that anybody worth a shit could have.

Braun carried the fuck outta him.

> He'd be fine in literally an other position that wasn't being "the guy"

If he was a midcarder nobody would give a shit about him.
>>
>>2496103
WWE style babyfaces like Cena and Sheamus and Reigns only appeal to kids and adults with dangerously low IQs. Like borderline legally retarded low IQ.
Be careful who you want to lump yourself in with with this meme.
>>
>>2501169
Really? Who's your favorite wrestler in the main roster at the moment?
>>
>>2501171

Not him but BMAJ. Curious what the next step in your plan is. Going to find a picture of a retard wearing AJ merch or something?
>>
>>2501171
His phrasing is r00d, but he's right in that all of them are fucking dreadful babyfaces.

>OI BERTIE I'M JUST GONNA TAKE YOUR CAR FOR A JOYRIDE AND SHIT IN IT
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.