[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE Behind the Scenes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: jerichotravel.png (461KB, 504x596px) Image search: [Google]
jerichotravel.png
461KB, 504x596px
I was wondering if anyone had details about how the WWE works behind the scenes? Info about travel arrangements, schedules, catering, how wrestlers interact backstage, how they get told about their matches, etc.

I came across this pic of Jericho's schedule when they were in Japan...wtf they overwork their talent and they dont get a lot of sleep. How do they stick with it? How can the WWE schedule them for a few hours of sleep a day?
>>
They can sleep while they travel too.
>>
>>2493211
There's at least eight hours of sleep in that schedule, it's just not all at once. I've done it before, it's not that bad after the first week or so.
>>
who cares about sleeping when you're getting paid like wwe wrestlers
>>
>>2493246
Yeah I get that. Its just weird to imagine the entire roster on a bus or plane together sleeping.

Does WWE make them travel like this from each show?
Sorry for the newfag questions but I hadn't watched wrestling for years until recently and it's interesting to me to see how the machine works.
>>
>>2493211
>How can the WWE schedule them for a few hours of sleep a day?
They generally sleep on the buses on the way to venues. Bob Holly mentions it in his book.

In fact, Bob Hollys book is a pretty cool read if you're in to seeing how the business operates through the eyes of a perennial lower midcarder.
>>
Just before the very first point on that itinerary, they will all have just woken up from a full 8hrs sleep, at least. Then they have time for a good 3hrs kip in the afternoon, even if they spend a long time over their hotel lunch.

After that, it's just a matter of getting to the out-bound flight for 5am. Which is after the show, so doesn't really matter what state you arrive in.

I would assume that was the times the old school guys would pull the all-nighters.

Basically, it's a hard work schedule, but not especially gruelling as a one-off.
>>
File: wwe_catering1.jpg (43KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
wwe_catering1.jpg
43KB, 470x313px
>>2493211
Here's an article about WWE catering http://firstwefeast.com/eat/2014/08/inside-the-bizarre-world-of-catering-for-wwe

Some items of note
>The catering people travel with the business on the road
>Feed 300-500 people
>30 cakes and pies a day
>Wrestlers love cookies
>Vince eats every 2 and a half hours

There was also a Leddit post someone made who worked on setup and said the food was A+, like filet mignon and all kinds of fresh fish and other good shit.
>>
>>2493211
>wtf they overwork their talent and they dont get a lot of sleep. How do they stick with it? How can the WWE schedule them for a few hours of sleep a day?

New to wrestling? It's always been like this since Vince has been in charge.

In WWE you're contracted to about 300 matches a year, and management (Vince) will talk you into even more as a "favour". Then you got to factor in travel, be it bus, car, flights, etc. And of course you got to work out to keep in shape between all this.

Pretty much everyone who goes through the WWE system says it's a horrible grueling schedule. But that's the pay off. They pay better than anyone, and give you more exposure than anyone.
>>
The people in charge of makeup run an instagram idk the name but they show a lot of behind the scenes pics. they also post sheamus each week because they gel his hawk lol
>>
>>2493372
No wonder eat Owens eat got even more fat
>>
>>2493372
>There was also a Leddit post someone made who worked on setup and said the food was A+, like filet mignon and all kinds of fresh fish and other good shit.
if this is true then how do all the women manage to get fat within a month of being called up from nxmeme?
>>
>>2493441
>you cant get fat off good food

did you drop out of elementary school?
>>
>>2493409
Basically new. I watched a chunk of the Attitude Era when I was a kid, and I was young enough to not understand that there were actual people behind the wrestlers. So all the stuff they showed backstage and in public, I thought was 100% real.

When I grew up a bit I got told it was all fake- found this board during Wrestlemania week and been lurking a lot and taking it all in. Fascinating to hear what Vince is like IRL.
>>
>>2493449
you shouldn't when you take into account you have management, doctors and dieticians on staff and on the road traveling with you 24/7. not to mention as a performer you should be in competition with your peers at every level trying to get in favor with haitch and the mcmahons and move up the card. the article even said the rock would have food scales to weigh out portions. how can you possibly fuck up diet when it's all handed to you like that?
>>
>>2493490
I remember reading that it's hard to stay in good eating habits on the road because outside of your catered dinner, you are on the road at late hours so they end up eating at a lot of homey diners and gas stations and stuff.
>>
i am imagine vets dont really do shit until the day of the show unless they are OCD and "have" to workout, etc.
>>
they all date eachother bts. google paige and xavier woods
>>
>>2493372
>30 cakes & pies a day +cookies
Thats interesting
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.