[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luke Harper Needs a Character Change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: luke-harper-27545835.jpg (145KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
luke-harper-27545835.jpg
145KB, 620x400px
It's clear, being put in main event after main event on Smackdown that Smackdown creative realizes Luke Harper is one of their top guys and best workers. They couldn't force him onto the Wrestlemania card because his character is still just a Bray Wyatt outcast.

I think Harper should be the new Undertaker. He's got the stature, the dark look, he is an athletic machine that can work. Next week on Smackdown Harper should go 1 on 1 against Rowan and go over. After the match the lights go out and it seems like Wyatt is up to something. The lights come back up, and Rowan is gone, and Harper is alone in the ring. Harper starts to head to the ropes to leave the ring then the lights go out again. After about 10 seconds of silence and the lights being out you hear Taker's Gong. It goes off once, the light comes back on, and Taker's trench coat and hat are in the middle of the ring. Harper slowly approaches, picks up the items and puts them on. His eyes roll back into his head like Taker's did and Taker's music hits, Harper leaves the ring wearing the gear, stops at the top of the stage and throws his fist in the air. Then exits the stage. Then they can push him finally to win titles and headline PPV's.
>>
Clean cut business man gimmick.
>>
File: Roster5.jpg-c200.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Roster5.jpg-c200.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
Trucker.

Just make him Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China.
>>
>>2492948
Not bad. Have him act like he's on meth and searching for lot lizards.
>>
He does need a character change.

Your fantasy is still retarded. He'd never get over as an Undertaker actor.
>>
>>2492948
looks like Truth from gta san andreas
>>
Can we just ban

>X should be the new undertaker

Posters?
I've seen this shit 4 times now, and every time it's retarded.
It's the most unimaginative, dumb ass shit i've ever seen.
Yes, he does need a character change.
No, your idea for him is batshit retarded.
>>
File: Bruiser-Brody-wrestler-b[1].jpg (89KB, 500x1308px) Image search: [Google]
Bruiser-Brody-wrestler-b[1].jpg
89KB, 500x1308px
I thought Harper is trying to be the new Bruiser Brody. Luke just needs a nickname. Too many guys with generic names.
>>
>>2492922
His character is fine, they just nee to use him properly. He won the crowd over when he actually won that Battle Royale. I'm intrigued by the idea of him teaming with RKO.
>>
He always reminded me of Rufus from Bumfights.
>>
>>2492922
He needs to trim the beard a bit and get the bald spot filled in
>>
>>2492922
>one of their top guys and best workers
Back up your claim here. What makes you say this?
>>
>>2493117
no
>>
>>2492922
I say cut his hair and beard clean and lose him for a month or so, than bring him back under a different name. We all know it's Luke, but he's assuming a new identity as part of the desperation to get away from Bray and his followers. Give him some NXT call-ups as fellow former Wyatt fanatics who are running, but can't escape. They can be a support group and gain a few members as others become brave enough to speak out and join them. Make them a weak, fragile, vulnerable group of paranoid, former brainwashing victims, who get stronger and more numerous as they begin to gain the strength to take down Wyatt.

I can't stand Bray or the Wyatts, but I think this would give his character and the whole cult shit a tiny bit more interest and appeal.
>>
>>2493188
>get the bald spot filled in
Absolutely.

Full cringe with the Bray match last week when he came out with his new look only to see his hair scrunchy fall out 2 slams later, revealing the bald spot.
>>
they changed him slightly, different jeans anarl. that's all the change you're getting you dirty smarks
>>
>>2492922
every Wyatt needs a gimmick change.
Bray - ?
Luke - Trucker?
Rowan - Viking
>>
>>2493076
This guys right, if harper was gifted the Taker persona he'd get more heat than roman gains
>>
>>2494246
they're either keeping Bray as the mystic or they'll keep him jobbing until they break him... tough to be all-powerful, all-everything while Orton of all people is taking you out
>>
They can't figure out what to do with the Wyatt Family, that's why Orton won, they wanted a big face to have the title while they buy some time... that's why Braun is just the "you and me once I learn how to wrestle, Brock & Roman" guy
>>
>>2493188
>>2493307
I thought it was pretty smart the way they covered it up. They threw a bun right on it.
>>
>>2492922
Delete him. Make him broken
>>
File: 1486417137807.jpg (178KB, 649x731px) Image search: [Google]
1486417137807.jpg
178KB, 649x731px
>>2492936

THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS
THIS
>THIS

I've been saying it for awhile. Harper is the most underrated talent in WWE. He's so ridiculously talented in-ring but his character has run it's course and he's been presented as a backup character to the shittiest main eventer this organization has had in years.

I want him as a clean cut business man looking dude too. He would be money as Triple H's bodyguard. The only problem with him is he has one of the cuckiest voices in WWE and despite him being an amazing big man, he's been portrayed as weak.

Let Harper rest for three months then bring him back as a killer for the authority.
>>
>>2494429

I also think he has the most underrated theme. I love that southern acid rock for him. It fits his character perfectly.
>>
>>2494270
kek agreed
>>
anyone else thinks he looks like my name is earl?
>>
>>2494435
LMAO what are you smoking? His theme and titantron look like some PowerPoint shit. It's absolutely abysmal and generic as fuck. He needs new everything, complete gimmick change. Boring attire and trash move set. Wish he had end of days and Corbin just did deep 6.
>>
>>2494246
Bray would immediately be over if he found he Urn and played a possession angle. Or just taking the spirit of the dead man into his body so it can continue to feast on the pain of the broken, giggling like a kid who's pulled the wings off a moth.

Bray in turn is reborn in a way that actually doesn't suck.

>Fireflys with the undertakers theme and the druids.
>>
>>2494429
Strongly disagree with you on his voice. Dude is super well spoken in and out of the ring , it would actually benefit this business character.
>>
>>2493130
Call him Bruiser Lee, give him a chain to swing and buy the rights to a decent classic rock song for his theme.
>>
>>2492922
Trucker Vigilante whose motive is to fight whatever evil force plagues his road

Film some vignettes of him beating up some dickheads at a truckstop, give him back the pocket towel, and send him out there to make saves

Kinda like Sting but he doesn't go woo
>>
>>2494290
If they don't bring back the lake, they have wasted Matt Hardy. Have him kick in a bunch of a dead gimmicks and come out with new ones. Matt saves WWE.
>>
Cut his hair and give him a mustache and makr him look like the my name is earl guy.
make him a humble ring announcer like mean gene.
his characterization would be similar to the hosts of that stupid southpaw wrestling video.
Very self-deprecating but you feel sorry for him.
Have other wrestlers pick on him so he loses his confidence but finally goes out of retirement to fight one of the wrestlers who picked on him and tears the roof off the place, cementing him as a top tier talent and a giant with a heart.
>>
>>2492922
I love Luke, but you can't just give someone the Taker gimmick. You can have someone take over the roll of being "the spooky guy".

but if they were going to do that with anyone, it'd be Bray, he's waaaaay younger. I'd keep Luke in Bray's orbit, he's a Wyatt Family guy, but clean him up a bit, let him do more singles stuff and speak more normally.
>>
>>2495830
I wanna see him with a trucker gimmick. Entrance with a big rig and all that shit.
>>
>>2495830
This, Bray is the spooky guy despite jobbing countless times you need to give Luke another gimmick that ties or not to the Wyatt Family. Like what was he before Wyatt Family and all that or something since Rowan has this too genius for u gimmick along with the sheep guy.
>>
I'd love to see a sort of re-do of the higher power story line with the Wyatts can you imagine the reaction when it's unveiled that the higher power is The Undertaker
>>
File: 1452621967386.jpg (169KB, 490x567px) Image search: [Google]
1452621967386.jpg
169KB, 490x567px
>>2495915
Its me Roman!
*aww son of a bitch*
It was me all along!
>>
>>2494246
Bray doesn't need a character change. He needs to learn how to fuckin put on a good match.
>>
>>2495973
More like WWE needs to stop booking him against shitters.

Bray had a fucking good match against KANE last year.
>>
File: styleskek.png (1MB, 1019x579px) Image search: [Google]
styleskek.png
1MB, 1019x579px
>>2495989
>Thinking the based red machine is bad for his age
>>
>>2496061
I love Kane but he wasn't even particularly good in his prime.

And I can name no shortage of guys in his age bracket that are better.
>>
File: brodie.jpg (13KB, 273x331px) Image search: [Google]
brodie.jpg
13KB, 273x331px
Shave the beard off.
He hangs out in the back and offers heels chocolate covered pretzels.
>>
>>2493130

He has a nickname,

HARPGOAT
>>
>>2494246

>tfw no Sheamus/Rowan/Becky stable
>>
>>2496508
>The Gingers
no way nigga
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.