[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Triple H kill WWE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (56KB, 588x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 588x379px
Did Triple H kill WWE?
>>
Nope, but it contributed
>Botched the Invasion angle
>Didn't keep WCW or ECW as distinct brands
>Didn't buyout UFC in the 90s
>Hotshotting and Exposing the business late 90s
>Meaningless Raw/Smackdown brand splits
>PG era
>reality era
>socia media pandering
>little guys
>Triple H & Stephanie
>Scripted promos / Vince's old man control powerlust

So many reasons why it has fallen from grace. But at the same time:
>directionless competitors
>big bucks attract top talent
>Network gives complete vertical integration of the whole wrestling industry over to VKM

So he has won despite the state and internal culture of his company, in many ways.
>>
>ratings started falling mid 2000
>Rock was champion mid 2000

Rocketty killed the business
>>
ratings dont matter shit
>>
>>2491159

yes they do

Big Dick Russo said so
>>
It was his god awful main event run from about 2003 onwards that sent the WWE into the death spiral it's been in ever since.
>>
File: gladion_get_out_b.png (108KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
gladion_get_out_b.png
108KB, 350x210px
>>2491159
>le "ratings don't matter" meme
>>
>>2491125
He did, he's a parasite just like his kliq buddies
>>
>>2491171
they're bathing in money right now between merch sales and the network, tv is dead
>>
>buried Rob Van Dimes
>fucked up his big return storyline
>got his thunder stolen by a 48 year old man who came back from outlaWCW
>Inflicted Evolution on us
>Put over Chris "No Dimes" Benwhoit
>Put over Dave "Cena's Jannetty" Batista
>Put himself in as many main events as Hulk fucking Hogan
>buried CM Phil at his peak
>Inflicted End of an Era upon us
>buried Randy Orton at WM 25 at his peak
>Inflicted his Brock feud upon us
>Split up the Shield too early
>Had a hand in inflicting Jasethy's title reign upon us
>Put his irrelevant ass in a feud with GOATman Gains at the biggest Wrestlemania of all time
>Inflicted his feud with Jasethy upon us
>Inflicted Oreowens title reign upon us
>Inflicted obese Evolution upon us
>has turned viewers away for over 15 years
>has never drawn a fucking dime in his 22+ years WWE career

Indeed he did
>>
>>2491144
Literal Pyrrhic victory.
>>
>>2491179
>bathing in money

They aren't. Their net profits are a pitiful fraction of their gross revenue.

>TV is dead

Bazinga.
>>
>>2491144
>PG era
>reality era
>socia media pandering
>little guys

These were literally years and years after the massive drop you underage dingus.
>>
WTF happened in 2005-2006 to cause that slight spike
>>
>>2491181
>>has never drawn a fucking dime in his 22+ years WWE career

He is the biggest draw in history desu (yes above Rock and Austin and Hogan because of longevity)

look at all the huge drawing Wrestlemanias and who was headlining it was HHH
>>
>>2491179
Says The Stanford Wife regurgitating the same talking points over and over again
>>
>>2491240

Batista and Cena took over from the midgets
>>
>>2491240
His name is John Cena...then people started to turn on him
>>
The boom period was a total fluke. They caught lightning in a bubble with the Stone Cold vs Vince angle. The rest of the Attitude era was garbage. Dimeless jannetties like Val Venis, DX, Jericho and the Dudleyz were running rampant, carried by the admittedly great main eventers.
>>
>>2491253
But they succeeded JBL & HHH...
>>
>>2491240
Wm21 was the beginning of Cena
>>
>>2491261
That's not even close to accurate, you underage twerp.
>>
>>2491125
They fired the head of creative in 2000. He'd been there since 98-99. Vince dropped him becasue he didn't like him using story boards.

Thats why the invasion angle was so shit compared to what they'd been doing before
>>
>>2491181
Seething Bretcuck detected.

Reminder that Bret signed that "20 year" contract with the WWF originally because he always pictured himself in the long term role HHH has today. Imagine his incoherent rage every time he turns on RAW to see the man who engineered the screwjob constantly usurping Bret's own dream life. Cucked by the man who Bret has always felt never deserved his spot.
>>
>>2491284
Chris Kreski will never get the recognition he deserves and it's a fucking shame.
>>
>>2491289
Pretty sure Bret never had any plans on marrying Vince's stupid daughter and fucking his way to relevance
>>
>>2491240
ECW
>>
>>2491236
>underage

That was actually the period during the SECOND time I stopped watching WWE, so save your 18+'s.

Either way, you are wrong. The monumental drop was in many ways less worrying: the 99-00 high point was never sustainable and no-one thought it was. The huge fall off was re-adjustment.

The more worrying downtrend was the continual one after that, from 2007 to present.
>>
>>2491347
The downtrend that was, overall, attributable to Benoit.

Nobody said peak Attitude was sustainable. But the drop-off is fucking alarming.
>>
>>2491356
>Benoit

Nahhhh. I don't buy that at all. It's not like wrestling had a pristine, family friendly reputatio until that point. It was known for being trashy garbage.

If anything, Benoit has helped to rehabilitate the industry as family-orientated, because since then Vince has had a zero tolerance on drink / drugs / lunatics.
>>
>>2491662
There's a difference between "trashy" and murderer you dullard.
>>
>>2491179

That's probably a bad thing since most of their moeny comes from their TV deal with Universal.
>>
>>2491694
I am saying that the "trashy" part is what made most people look down on it, so they never went near it anyway.

When it was reported one of them was a murderer, it just confirmed it.

It's like how if you watch something like Kardashians or Only Way Is Essex now. If one of those people is on the news tomorrow for a murder, then the people who don't watch it will be like "Yeah - they're trash." And the people who do watch it will be "Oh wow, big drama, gotta watch."

Something big like that just confirms and reinforces your existing stance. That is why I don't think Benoit killed ratings when he killed his family.
>>
>>2492218
You sure would know a lot about information reinforcing your existing stance.

The giant decline in ratings after Benoit died clearly refutes your opinions.
>>
>>2492287
But it also coincides with absolute shit booking and a directionless company, so....
>>
The worst drop is at the end of the MNW and the Invasion angle and Haitch wasn't even around at that time.

OP is a retard.
>>
>>2492301
It coincides with 2002?
>>
>>2491240
Ratings king Donald Trump, Edge, Cena, and WWE started doing more outlandish gimmicks again around that era such as boogeyman, paul burchill, hornswoggle etc
>>
What caused the short bounce backs in 2009 and 2013?
>>
>>2491240
Cena, Batista, DX

My brother used to tell me that all the kids at school were watching religiously because of those few. Then it got boring in 07 and moved on to the next fad.
>>
>>2492347
Jeff Hardy would be 2009 if I had to guess.
>>
>>2492338
You are now either agreeing with my fundamental point, or you are arguing against the linearity of time.
>>
>>2492382
Sorry bud. I can't give you what you're begging for.
>>
>>2492347
Summer of D-Bry for 2013
>>
>>2491240
Cena, Batista, DX.

In all honesty, looking back it now, it wasn't all that great but it was sure better than what we have now.
>>
>>2492390
The last word? I think you already did.
>>
>>2491125

Nope. He saved the company when he single handedly started the attitude era.
>>
File: i-married-a-horse.jpg (54KB, 501x375px) Image search: [Google]
i-married-a-horse.jpg
54KB, 501x375px
>>2491261
Sleazy, freak show television was also getting really popular around that time - I think they were pretty smart to ride that wave
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.