[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>come out to a solid pop >get pretty much no reaction during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

File: the-revival-1.jpg (88KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
the-revival-1.jpg
88KB, 640x640px
>come out to a solid pop
>get pretty much no reaction during the match
>quite boring in the ring
>semi-good pop when they won

Are they, dare I say it, dead on arrival?
>>
>another nxt act flops under the bright lights

Shocking
>>
Are they manlets?

They barely looked taller than Xavier and BigE, or is it because of their weird body?
>>
Let's see.

>The Hardy Boyz
Remembered for insane over the top spots, non-traditional flippy tag team moves. They come back. Huge pop. Their first match back is a ladder match. That do a bunch of big spots, Jeff jumps off a huge ladder. Entertaining. Keeps your interest.

>The Revival
Wrestle a boring match that feels like it takes an eternity and does next to nothing to stand out from every other tag team match.

So what you're telling me is: Fun, surprising, entertaining, unpredictable = over.

And same old shit = crickets? Huh. Really made me think. Reddit will defend "psychology and mat work".
>>
>>2482839
i dont understand how you can market them. someone honestly tell me. how do you get them over to people? how do you even identify them? noble and mercury 2.0? idk
>>
>>2482851
Their billed height is both 5'10
>>
>>2482866
Southern jocks that hate niggers
>>
>/wwe/ doesn't "get" The Revival

Well that didn't take long
>>
>>2482872
So they are 5'7, 5'8 at best. And they literally cosplay as tough Attitude Era guys. Get these pinheads off my screen.
>>
>>2482950
>Attitude Era

Remember all the matches Tully Blanchard & Ole Anderson had then?
>>
>>2482947
>their gimmick is being boring in the ring
>surprised when people find them boring

Huh...
>>
>>2482961
>he finds wrestling boring

You seem to be in the wrong hobby
>>
>>2482963
I don't find wrestling boring, but I find their STYLE of wrestling boring. Doesn't help that every single tag team match in WWE has the hot tag formula.
>>
>>2482947
As someone who barely saw them in NXT that wasn't the strongest debut was it
>>
>>2482963
>less tan perry saturn and chubby zack ryder
>good
>>
>>2482969
>he doesn't like watching guys be taken apart

Your loss t-b-h
>>
>>2482859
So - are you baiting? Cause Hardies are basically cruiseweights from back then.

And The Revival are old-school tag team from 80s. They are opposite of what is cool on indies.
IN OUTLAWS.
>>
>>2482978
>taken apart
>the guy being taken apart doesn't sell it and the match continues

Gotta admit them "shattering" Kofi's ankle was nice but otherwise they made me yawn.
>>
>>2482859
>8 minutes flat
>"feels like it takes an eternity"

Half of Wrestlemania must've been unbearable for you.
>>
>>2483015
It's their fault New Day weren't selling?

What in the fuck did he even mean by this?
>>
>>2483021
If their gimmick is hurting people and the others don't cooperate it makes Revival look like a bunch of goofs. Blame it on new day all you want, I'd blame it on booking instead.
>>
>>2482839
>Are they, dare I say it, dead on arrival?

Don't you mean dead on revival?
>>
>>2483023
So what you're saying is that it's not actually Revival's fault.
>>
>>2483028
Sure, but that doesn't mean I found them interesting. First time I actually saw them was on RAW and they didn't impress me and turn me into a fan from the moment they went out.
>>
>>2483038
I, too, also have a fully-formed opinion on somebody from an 8-minute TV match.
>>
They're fucking

T H I C C
>>
>>2482839
The only problem for them is that their gimmick might not catch on. Old school wrestling gimmicks rarely work. No matter how decent they are on the mic and how excellent on the ring if the crowds don't catch on then they're in trouble.
>>
>>2482839
They got a smark "you deserve it" pop to begin with.

Heel team wins match, does post-match attack on a face, job done.

now they need a competent face team to work with.

Their NXt program with DIY showed they can get honest to god heel heat.

If creative can get it right then maybe in 12 months they'll be the tag champs going into a WM match with the broken hardys.
>>
>>2482839
These guys have always been boring.
>>
>>2483023
they had the entire New Day down and out on the ground.
>>
>>2482839
Kek
These inbred hillybilly fucks shoulda stayed on NXMEME with the rest of those cum guzzling cucks
>>
>>2483398
kek they'll have put the Hardys in retirement homes by the Summer

TOP. GUYS.
>>
The revival is the best new tag team wwe has. They will actually draw heat with their style of wrestling.
>>
The Revival aren't good unless they have a good team to go up against. New Day is literally the worst team they could have debuted against.
>>
File: 1491276618558.png (37KB, 607x305px) Image search: [Google]
1491276618558.png
37KB, 607x305px
Corny loved it
>>
>come out to a solid pop
>get pretty much no reaction during the match

This applies to literally everyone last night but the Hardyz. That includes Brock, Finn, Joe and Neville. You can't make generalizations based on crowds at Autism Night.
>>
>>2483474
They managed to have good matches against Enzo & Cass.
>>
>>2483762
>"Autism Night"
>best crowd of the year

What did he meme by this?
>>
Whoa it's like every nxmeme call up.
>>
>>2482954
Arn and Tully teamed up more. When Ole was wrestling Tully was US heavyweight champion.
>>
>It's a WWE introduces somebody new without any sort of gimmick or back story episode

Why do they think people are going to give a shit? What the fuck happened to vignettes. They bring all these bland as fuck jobbers up from NxT and think people are going to care just by shoving them out there into matches.
>>
>>2483703
There's a photo from WM weekend of Corny hanging with The Revival and he's actually smiling.

It's fucking surreal.
>>
>>2483800
Look at all the callups who've gotten vignettes in the past few years and you'll see why they got dropped.
>>
>>2483703
>I'm Jim Cornette and I fucking hate fun! Look at me, an old dude from the south use bad words, shit fuck, dicks, asshole, nuts. Back in my day in smokey mountain we would fill an arena with 900 screaming fans in NAWXSVOHL. God, did someone mention russo? No? Well fuck him anyway. I hate how he knew how to handle wrestling in its boom period! If I had it my way I would jut do the same thing every time, because I only know how to run a promotion in an antiquated way.
>>
>>2483786
I was being flippant. Also because Arn was still wrestling in early 1997.
>>
>>2483777
>literally the whole crowd is a bunch of people from canada, Finland, Australia, and shortbus fuck-freaks from Reddit.
>not recognizing the autism.
>>
>>2483763
i think he means that the other team needs to be good as well. they've had 3 matches involving DIY that are between 4 and 5 stars so they can deliver.
>>
>>2483841
>le plebbit boogeyman

go back
>>
Don't tell me nu-/asp/ are turning on the revival. Next think you know they'll be defending spot monkeys and supporting flippyshit
>>
>>2484121
Remember that nothing is more important to /wwe/ than being tall.
>>
They're flops like all NXMemers. Ascension tier by June
>>
>>2482839
>solid
It was huge and easily one of the night's biggest
>>
>>2484160
>like all NXMemers
>main event of RAWafterMania was 4 NXT Champions
>>
How the hell do you make it to the main roster when you're an uncharismatic chubby manlet? These guys are like aborted clones of Dean Malenko that crawled out of the dumpster and somehow survived.
>>
>>2483800
this, wwe seems to assume most people watch nxt which is false

without vignettes or backstage skits to establish characters, it's easy for callups to fizzle out because a lot of people don't 'get' them
>>
>>2482839
GIVE THEM CORNETTE
>>
>>2482839
nice try, romanetty!

SAY YEAH
>>
>>2484189
And they're drawing zero dimes between them
>>
>>2484430
All 4 of them are merch kingpins.

Joe was signed from a PPA to written specifically on the strength of his merch sales.

Eat shit memefag.
>>
That Revival debut went over a million times better than I could have ever expected it to. I'm glad they debuted now in front of the crowd they got because it helped them look like a big deal.

They pinned the New Day which is enough of a big deal to get them over. Add on them destroying Kofi's ankle and it was perfect. Hopefully the win a rematch with New Day next week and take out another ankle and cut a promo about saving tag team wrestling from pandering gimmicks. Then they do the same thing with Enzo & Cass. Pure wrestling vs gimmicks. Then a couple ppvs from now they can start emphasizing "no flips, just flips" and have a great feud with the Hardys. I think Revival are the guys who should take those belts off of them and give the returning Hardys fans a new team that they can believe are on their level.
>>
>>2482872
They weigh too much to join the division, but another thing they could do with the Revival is have them attack cruiserweights once in a while and injure them to prevent them from doing flippy shit. I could see them having good chemistry with Drew Gulack.
>>
The Revival are great, but they have a very particular style of match that they wrestle. It requires more attention from a crowd than flippy shit, and it also requires the people that they faced to correctly sell their moves as well (which, again, is tougher to do than selling a typical slam of some sort.)
>>
>>2484439
Yet he can't draw people to a signing
>>
Revival are future Hall of Famers
>>
>>2484654
At their local Golden Corral buffet?
>>
Why do we hate the Revival now?
>>
Wilder is good but Scott Dawson is literally the most underrated wrestler in the entire world.
>>
>>2484674
>fat
>manlets
>sub-dean malenko levels of charisma
>>
>>2484618
hah that's a great idea.

come out in some random match with no-draw perkins and swann and just beat the shit out of them.
>>
>>2484674
They are on RAM so they are doomed to mediocrity

see The Club
>>
>>2484674
contrarians gonna contrary
>>
>>2484674
It's just Romanetty marks getting worked by #TopGuys
>>
>>2484721
What if I dislike both Revival and Roman
>>
File: dash.png (206KB, 630x787px) Image search: [Google]
dash.png
206KB, 630x787px
BASED
>>
>>2484722
just means you're biased against acts taht start with the letter 'r'
>>
>>2484745
oh shit desu
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.